House outside Montone, Nr. Umbertide, Umbria, Italy - Stunning Views
Peace, perfect peace! Sole e Luna is a restored farm building on 140 acres of Umbrian hillside above the magical medieval town of Montone. Where you can watch the sunrise and the sunset from the same chair, or the birds and wildlife in the olive grove. Take a dip in your private pool; explore Montone and the surrounding countryside, sample excellent local cuisine or eat alfresco on your own balcony with stunning views. On your arrival you will find two houses at the end of the drive – the owner’s farmhouse and Sole e Luna. You have total privacy in your own villa with private pool. The house sleeps up to 6, but would also be perfect for just 2!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Fantastic holiday. What a superb property and location. The village is stunning.'
'A wonderful week in a wonderful house. We loved everything especially the pool. We would love to revisit this special place.'
'Excellent house and grounds - you have thought of everything.'
'Without doubt it is the best villa we have had in all of the time we have been travelling around Italy.'
'Sue & Chris, you have created a perfect holiday retreat. We have had a fantastic time and look forward to coming back. Congratulations!'
'We had a wonderful time at Sole e Luna. It has been one of our best holidays and we take heaps of photos and memories away with us.'
'Sole e Luna was as lovely as we expected it would be and all in all we had a holiday to remember.'
'Everything was perfect. The location is splendid, the views are great and the house is extremely well kept and equipped.'
Activity and Interests
The nearest airport is Perugia, with Ryan Air flights from Stansted only. For the widest choice of flights, fly to Rome (2.5 hours) or Pisa (3 hours). Other options are Florence, Ancona or Bologna, about 2 and 3 hours drive respectively. Perugia (30 mins) has good rail links with Rome or Florence. A car is essential at Sole e Luna and can be hired easily at all airports.
Sole e Luna is only 1km from the magical medieval town of Montone, with good restaurants and basic shopping facilities. Sole e Luna is also well placed for exploring well known cities and sites in Umbria and Tuscany like Perugia (43km), Assisi (54km), Gubbio (38km), Cortona (45km), Citta di Castello (18km), Anghiari and Sansepolcro (36km), Siena (95km) and Lago Trasimeno (40km).
When you venture out from Sole e Luna, Montone itself will give you hours of enjoyment, exploring the medieval streets or just watching the locals whilst sipping a cappuccino and enjoying a pastry at the café in the square. For lunch or dinner, Montone has excellent restaurants covering all tastes and pockets and a little further afield are many good dining facilities in and around Umbertide (8km). Provisions can be bought at the local Alimentare or nearby Umbertide has excellent supermarkets, a fresh pasta shop, delicatessen and very tempting pasticcerias! One of the delights of Montone is the series of well organised festivals through the Summer and Autumn. Major ones include the Umbria Film Festival; a wonderful few days in July celebrating independent and alternative cinema, held in the main square. The week long Donazione della Santa Spina, in August, is a medieval festival where the streets of Montone are transformed, back in time, to the 15th Century. The Festa del Bosco at the end of October is a wonderful eclectic mix of food and artisan stalls. Any of these would be enjoyable events to plan a holiday around at Sole e Luna.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact the owner to make bookings, preferably by email (address below). A booking deposit is requested on making a booking, with the balance paid 2 months before arrival plus a £300 refundable security deposit.
Changeover day is usually Saturday but we can be flexible on arrival days outside of the high season so please enquire about availability.
Notes on prices:
Christmas & New Year pricing £280 per day plus heating.
Please note that heating in the cooler months will be charged at cost.
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds sterling.
Please contact us for long lets.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- non smoking only
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with power shower, basin, wc and bidet. Second bathroom with power shower, basin, wc and bidet. Third bathroom on lower floor with shower, basin and wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king bed and en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 with large double bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is centrally heated for the colder months, heating charged extra. Internet access (cable) is available for your laptop in the lounge area only. The house is not very suitable for young children as there are some steep steps and slopes in the garden and the pool is not fenced. The property is managed locally by someone who lives in Montone, just 1km away. They will greet you on arrival and can give helpful advice on the region. Outside: The superb hillside setting affords panoramic views, whether from the large terrace which opens up from the living area, well equipped with patio furniture, the separate covered terrace off the kitchen/dining room which has a large dining table and BBQ, or from the loungers around the private pool (12x6m). The immediate area around the house and pool is landscaped to fit in with the beautiful Umbrian countryside and leads into an extensive olive grove and the rest of the 140 acre estate. The surrounding area provides miles of tracks and trails directly from the house, and the opportunity to watch the local birdlife and wildlife whilst out walking, or from the comfort of the loungers on the terrace. The stunning views, landscapes and medieval hilltop towns and castles are an artist's paradise. Utility Room: Laundry room with washing machine, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels provided, replaced weekly. The house is cleaned for your arrival and a short clean done every weekend for guests staying longer than a week. Other: On the lower floor, at pool level, there is a games room with a table tennis table, a bar, a small sitting area and library (with books, DVDs and games), a laundry with washing machine, the third shower room and a pool changing room.