Villa near Silves, Central Algarve, Portugal - Peaceful Countryside Villa
Casa Tranquila has been renovated to very high quality standards. The house is on a south-facing slope with distant sea views. It is fully equipped and ideal for a peaceful holiday yet remaining convenient for all amenities, shopping, etc. It is about 5 km. from the new Oceanico Amendoeira golf courses and also convenient for courses at Silves, Morgado, Pinta and Gramacho.
About the Owner
We have visited the Algarve since 1981 and owned since 1987. As the children grew up we decided to get away from the coast and bought Tranquila in 2002. Since then we have extended and modernised the accommodation, renewing bathrooms, installing air conditioning and laying out the garden, which now has automatic watering. Plans for the future (post recession?) are to heat the pool. Tranquila is very much our second home and we visit 4 or 5 times a year; as such it probably has more facilities than a standard 'holiday home' but the level of repeat bookings is, perhaps, testament to the these factors.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"What a wonderful villa!It lacks nothing-so comfortable; superb views. Cant sing its praises high enough" June 2012
"Our fifth time at your superbly equipped and wonderfully relaxing villa" July 2012.
"A beautiful villa in a wonderful location, and a fantastic welcome upon arrival. The accomodation was perfect and everything had been thought of to provide a 'home from home' experience. Aug 2012
" I can honestly say that it was perfect for our needs. A beautiful 'home' rather than a rental property, and definitely the best equipped villa we have ever stayed in. I can assure you we will be back if you can bare to keep renting the property.
If I can post a review anywhere to help I would not hesitate to do so.
Thanks again for allowing us to use your second home." PW June 2013
From the Owner
“Peace and tranquility, whilst convenient for nearby towns, the coast and Golf Courses. It also enjoys stupendous 180 degree views.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Silves is the former Moorish capital of the Algarve where the red sandstone castle has recently been restored together with a number of other significant historical buildings. The European renowned wildlife site at Armacao de Pera (behind Praia Grande) is about 20 minutes drive.
Drive time 10-15 minutes to Praia Grande, Castello, Gale and Armacao beaches.
Faro airport is at an approx 40 minutes drive.
Silves with its historical castle and monuments, several excellent restaurants, and good supermarkets at a 12 mins drive. Messines, a busy market town with some typical restaurants at a driving distance of 10 mins.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
28 Aug 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
All available on application. 50% of deposit on booking and balance 8 weeks before arrival date.
Changeover day is Saturday.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Some good Golf courses inc Faldo, O'Connor, Silves, Pinta, Gramacho and Morgado. Secluded, walled pool area and terrace with barbecue. Convenient for country walks.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- suitable for elderly or infirm
Local Services & Businesses
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 has double bed, en suite shower, basin and WC. Bedroom 2 has twin singles, en suite with bath, shower, WC and basin. Bedroom 3 has twin singles, en suite with shower, WC and basin. Separate guest WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Extra bed or cot available on request.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Air conditioning units in all bedrooms and in living room and kitchen. Outside: The swimming pool (5x10m) is surrounded by a large terrace. Direct access from the lounge and bedrooms 1 and 2 and from outside through a gate. It has a covered area providing shade and a barbecue. There is also a shower. Plenty of sunbeds. Lots of parking space. Utility Room: Washing machine, vacuum cleaner, mob, buckets and brush etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning once a week on Saturday. Towels and linen will be changed once a week on Saturday. Extra cleaning and towels/linen possible, on request. Other: All rooms have air conditioning. Wifi is available, free of charge.