Villa in Ovacik, Nr. Fethiye, Turkey - Beautiful Complex, Peaceful Location Close To All Amenities
Villa Olivia at Olivegrove Village is on a quiet private complex set amongst olive & almond groves and surrounded by mountain views. The gardens are beautifully landscaped with a huge array of plants, shrubs & flowers. The Olive Grove is by far the most lovely complex anywhere in the area & a real little gem. Situated equally between the famous breathtaking bay and lagoon of Oludeniz and the lovely harbour and market town of Fethiye on this truly beautiful part of the Mediterranean coast. The villa is very well equipped for up to 6 people & has it's own private patio & garden area. You will be greeted and shown to your villa on arrival by the owners.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
All our guests love Villa Olivia the Olive Grove itself. They tell us that they appreciate being met by us and helped to the villa where complimentary hot and cold drinks await them - especially if arriving at unsociable hours and with young children. Our guests also comment on how much they appreciate the wealth of information they receive from us before they arrive & during their stay. Guests always comment on the comfort of the accommodation and the friendliness of everyone on the Olive grove. About 80% of our guests are now 'regulars' - many returning every year, making them more like friends now than guests.
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
We had a wonderful holiday at the Olive Grove Village. Helen and Paul were extremely helpful in letting us know the local area and certainly put themselves out for us. The villa was clean and comfortable and what can we say about Ramos the bar owner. He cooked whatever you wanted and it was delicious. He even cooked us a meal at 10.00 pm. The pool was very clean and lovely to swim in. The buses are superb and a car was not really necessary. We can certainly recommend the Olive Grove and we fully intend to revisit it next year.
The Olive Grove is just lovely. Great pool and pool bar/restaurant. The villa is comfy with everything you need and in a peaceful setting. The location for us was perfect. We did not need a car as the great bus service never let us down. Helen and Paul are always on hand to guide you if you want it. We are going again next year.
Fantastic holiday in Turkey
This was our first holiday in Turkey, so we didn't know what to expect. We are a family of 4 with two young children, and we all had a fantastic holiday from start to finish.
Before leaving the UK, Helen & Paul gave us as much information about the local area and possible places to visit and best places to eat. Their advice was outstanding and made us feel like we already knew where to go. Upon arrival, which was 2am, Paul was there to greet us personally and see us into the villa. He explained the layout of the complex and made sure we were comfortable before leaving us to our beds. There was water, milk, tea and coffee for us which was welcoming after our long day of travelling.
The villa was perfect, was very comfortable, very clean and tidy and was equipped with everything you would find at home. It was a perfect holiday home from home.
The complex gardens are beautiful and well attended. The pool was excellent and highly maintained and the baby pool was ideal for my daughter who is 13mnths.
Ramos, who runs the bar on the complex is very friendly and helpful. The food and drink served by Ramos is freshly made to order and delicious.
We would highly recommend this villa and complex to anyone thinking of visiting Turkey, the owners couldn't do enough for us and were very helpful and welcoming.
We have already booked our holiday back there for next year.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Numerous walking paths locally, including part of the famous Lycian Way.
A number of Turkish cookery courses are available locally. Water and oil painting classes are also available locally.
The stunning lagoon and bay of Oludeniz with it's small village and spectacular beach is a 8 -10 minute bus (dolmus) ride away. Various beach activities can be enjoyed here, including para sailing off the mountain onto the beach.
The lovely harbour and market town of Fethiye also 10 minute 'dolmus' ride. The smaller beach resort of Calis is a 5 minute 'taxi boat' or 'dolmus' ride from Fethiye.
The nearest airport is Dalaman which is approximately a 45 minute drive. Transfers from Dalaman airport can be arranged by us with a fully bonded local & very reliable company at excellent rates. Local car hire and taxi's are available at reasonable prices. The local buses (dolmus) run frequently and are inexpensive.
Many wonderful places of interest are within easy reach of Ovacik. Trips to Saklikent Gorge, ruins of Tlos, ghost town of Kayakoy, the picturesque harbour town of Gocek, turtle breeding area and mud baths of Dalyan along with the many island boat trips from Fethiye are just a few on offer. Fethiye also boasts a wealth of history with its rock tombs, amphitheatre, and it's crumbling medieval castle. Numerous archaeological sites can be found within an hours drive.
Ovacik is a lovely resort village set amongst spectacular mountain scenery and has a number of charming local shops and restaurants offering international cuisine. The larger, livelier village of Hisaronu is a 20 minute stroll or 5 minutes by 'dolmus'. Here you will find many more shops, bars and restaurants, catering for a wider variety of international cuisine. Here you will also find a number of cash machines & a weekly market every Monday.
In Fethiye there are numerous banks, shops, restaurants and bars of every description. The harbour walk is is delightful with many excellent and well priced cafes, bistros and restaurants. This year (Nov 2012) a new 'town square' opened along the harbour front filled with lovely seating areas, kiosks, imaginative topiary and the most splendid water fountains which at night dance in many different colours.
For those who love to walk there are many wonderful walks from the Olive Grove which take in spectacular scenery along the way. A weekly walk is organised by the Olive Grove for anyone wishing to join.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Sep 2016 - 8 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-refundable deposit of £100 per week is payable upon booking. Balance to be paid 4-6 weeks prior to arrival. Minimum rental period is 7 days. Rental for extra days where a full extra week is not required is calculated on a daily basis.
A welcome pack is included on arrival.
Changeover day is flexible in consideration of flight days.
We have no 'checking in or out' times as the villa is available from the minute guests arrive until the time comes for their return journey.
Guests are greeted personally by us on arrival.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Please contact us for long term winter lets and rates. 10% discount for bookings of 3 weeks or more during any season.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 - Bath with shower over & screen,wc and sink with fitted cupboard with marble surround. Bathroom 2 - Shower cubicle, wc, sink, hairdrier.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 double bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - kingsize bed, fitted wardrobe and drawers, bedside cabinets, & lamps, balcony and mountain views. Bedroom 2 - double bed, fitted wardrobe and drawers etc. Bedroom 3 - 2 single beds, fitted wardrobe and drawers, lamps etc. Mountain views.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The internal aspects of the villa are lovely, far nicer than the exterior of the building shows. It is very spacious, light and airy. It is furnished to a high standard and is very comfortable and also very well equipped. The location on the Olive Grove is perfect, set in a lovely garden area just a few steps from the large pool but totally un-overlooked affording peace & privacy when guests wish to 'get away from everybody' but without being isolated. A large BBQ is located on the private patio. The air conditioning units are dual for both heat and cool. Outside: There is large communal pool, children's pool and sun loungers. A small bar/cafe offering drinks, ice creams lunches and evening meals and several BBQ & fun nights each week. There is a pool table, table tennis and a tennis court (all free to use). The landscaped gardens are large and open plan giving plenty of space to wander and enjoy the numerous plants & flowers. Adjacent to the complex is a new (2012) children's play ground and adult fitness equipment (free to use). Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and bath towels provided and laundered weekly. Please note that pool/beach towels are not provided. If guests require an extra clean then this can be arranged at reasonable rates. Other: Dining area with table and 6 chairs. Door leading out to private garden & patio area, complete with patio furniture & large BBQ.