Apartment in Golf del Sur, Tenerife - Small Coastal Town with 2 golf courses and all amenities
Privately owned one bedroom apartment in an exclusive resort surrounded by tropical gardens and a lagoon swimming pool - only 5 minutes walk from the newly built Marina. This family complex offers a restaurant, snack bar, supermarket and launderette. 10 minutes walk to the San Blas centre with numerous restaurants, bars and shops, supermarket, pharmacy, internet centre, banks, car hire, hairdresser and plenty of Live Entertainment. Our private balcony overlooks open ground and Amarilla Golf fairways - Golf del Sur also boasts a 27 hole PGA Championship golf course.
About the Owner
About The Owner
We chose the apartment complex carefully some years back - we think it is the nicest in the resort - and then we hunted for the right apartment. We frequently holiday there and we aim to keep it as we wish to find it, so, provided the last visitors didn't abuse our trust, the apartment is as we would wish it for ourselves.
If anything does go wrong during your stay we have contacts in the area who can resolve matters for us - Emma and Alan - an English couple who have looked after our apartment from the beginning. We truly enjoy the complex, the resort and the island. By choosing our apartment you can be confident that it will be properly equipped and well maintained for a comfortable stay. And our testimonials from visitors over the years suggest they agree too.
Why The Owner chose San Miguel de Abona
Golf del Sur is a very pretty town, a very quiet family location with easy access to all parts of the island.
There is so much to see and do - we never tire of days in the mountains, going to see whales and touring the island.
What makes this apartment unique
The complex is not far from the airport - when you trot off of the aircraft you will not have a lengthy wait and drive before reaching the apartment. The complex is surrounded by mature lush tropical gardens with a waterfall. 10 minutes from the Golf Club and Marina - plenty of lovely restaurants to eat in.
From the Owner
“Golf del Sur is a very pretty town, a very quiet family location with easy access to all parts of the island. There is so much to see and do - we never tire of days in the mountains, going to see whales and touring the island.”
Activity and Interests
Golf del Sur is a small coastal town and you can get down to the ocean to sunbathe or swim, but there is not a renowned sandy beach, although two are due for construction. The coast path is 5 mins from the apartment, it skirts the southern edge of Golf del Sur and leads to Los Abrigos in the east and out to Amarilla Golf to the west. Sandy beaches can be found at Los Cristianos, Playa de las Americas and El Medano which is also famous for windsurfing.
Tenerife South airport is 10 mins away by taxi (costing around 17 Euros). Although car hire is not essential for a stay (taxis are plentiful and reasonably priced, excursions are plentiful) a car does give greater scope for mobility. Car hire is available in the complex or in the San Blas area of the town. There is a regular bus service to Los Cristianos and Playa de las Americas and everywhere on the island is accessible by bus.
Tenerife is only 55 miles by 30 but the mountain ranges of Las Cañadas and Anaga make for a rugged landscape. Mount Teide is the highest point in Spain at nearly 13,000 feet. Nowhere is very far but the hairpin roads can take a while to traverse. A motorway along the south of the island links Las Americas to Santa Cruz and joins with the northern motorway from Santa Cruz to just beyond Pueto del la Cruz.
There are plenty of local restaurants and small supermarkets. English is widely understood. The large supermarket at the motorway junction for Golf del Sur is a joy. Currency can be exchanged in the complex and there are banks in the San Blas area of the town where a doctor and pharmacy can also be found. Mount Teide is an obvious attraction with a cable car from the National Park at 8,000 feet to just below the summit at 12,500 feet. Boat trips to see the whales and dolphins that live off the coast never fail to disappoint. There are numerous excursions around the island - these can be easily booked through the main reception in the complex or arranged by the staff in the Aquamarina Hotel at the rear of the complex. Los Cristianos and Playa de las Americas offer lively night life. The Spanish have had a presence on the island for centuries and exploring the out of the way villages will uncover some history. Wherever you go, the scenery is stunning.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£25|
Payment by credit card accepted. A £75 deposit is required for each week booked (it is refundable for cancellations up to 12 weeks before your holiday) with the balance 8 weeks before you are due to leave. A small security deposit is also taken for the apartment keys and is refunded as soon as they are returned.
As available. The apartment should be vacated by 10am and is available after 2pm.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Odd numbers of days are generally pro rata although stays less than 7 days attract a small premium.
Lets of more than 3 weeks are discounted.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“The complex is not far from the airport - when you trot off of the aircraft you will not have a lengthy wait and drive before reaching the apartment. The complex is surrounded by mature lush tropical gardens with a waterfall. 10 minutes from the Golf Club and Marina - plenty of lovely restaurants to eat in.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Tiled bathroom has shower, wc, hand basin and vanity unit with large mirror and shaver point, washing machine.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom with large double bed and full width mirror fronted wardrobes. bedside tables, reading lamps, hairdryer, hot brush. Views of the tropical gardens and pool area.
- Balcony ...
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is well presented and maintained (we use it ourselves) and very comfortable. If anything can be improved, we improve it, if it breaks we repair it, and if we can't repair it we replace it. We have a heater for rare cool winter evenings. There is a hairdryer and hot brush for guests. Acres of wardrobe and drawer space (with hangers). Plenty of crockery, cutlery and utensils. There are books, CDs, cassettes, DVD's and games along with loads of local information. There is a launderette on the site and also a local laundry service. Outside: The low rise complex is built in an irregular shape and surrounds tropical gardens and a waterfall leading down to the lagoon pool, with a lifeguard on duty, sundeck, terrace bar and restaurant. There is a children's pool, a play area and generally someone organising children's entertainment. Bowls can also be played at the internationally renowned complex next door (shoe & bowls hire available). Utility Room: The apartment does have it's own washing machine. We will also supply you with details of a full washing and ironing service in our information pack. Cleaning/Towels/Linen: Bed linen and towels are supplied at a cost per person, per set - we do ask that you bring your own towels for pool and beach use. The property is cleaned and prepared for each stay although additional cleaning and sets of linen can be arranged. Other: Private balcony - captures the sun from mid morning to sunset. With outdoor furniture, sun loungers and umbrella - and not forgetting 'Colin' the cactus.