Cottage in Dunquin, Kerry - Wonderful View of Blasket Islands, Comfortable House
The house is situated in the peaceful hamlet of Dunquin at the tip of the Dingle Peninsula, backing onto rolling hills, facing onto the Atlantic Ocean. There are beautiful beaches, scenic drives, walks, and a host of archeological remains in this area. Dingle Town, 20 mins drive away, is a lively place year round. The house is situated at the end of a quiet laneway in an acre of grassy garden, plenty of room to run around. Spacious and comfortable, well stocked with every necessity, it is a home from home. Lovely views from the living and dining areas, and two of the bedrooms. The house has 2 fireplaces and is warm and welcoming even in winter.
About the Owner
Irish, living in the UK
I have three children.
We have spent many happy holidays in Dunquin, and
love the fresh air and wide open spaces, together with the beautiful vistas.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the area because it is an area of exceptional beauty, with wonderful views from the house and round every corner. We love the fresh air , the space and all the stars you see at night - a great contrast to city life, and our house is sturdy and comfortable in any weather. We love it in winter as well as summer.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ideal area for a walking holiday - many walking tracks
Irish language courses held in nearby Ballyferriter
Archeological interest - tours available
Area of Ecological interest - bird and sea life watching
Cycling- pretty empty roads. Challenging hills, spectacular scenery
Painting - an area which inspires a lot of seascapes
10 minute walk down to the sea. 5 minute drive to sandy beach. Many beaches in the area.
1 hour 15 minute drive to Faranfore (Kerry) airport.
2 1/2 hours drive to Cork airport
3 hour drive to Shannon
A car is essential in this area
20 minute drive to Dingle town, which is colourful and vibrant. It has supermarkets and many shops, pubs, restaurants, boat trips, bicycle hire, weekly food market, etc.
Nearest pub 10 min walk
Slea head drive 10 mins away
Gallarus Oratory 20 minute drive.
Blasket Island boat trip 10 min drive
Blasket Island Interpretive centre 10 min walk
Famine cottage 15 min drive
Pottery Cafe - 20 min walk
10 minute drive to nearest shops.
Many pubs and restaurants within 15 min drive
Walking distance to Blasket Island Centre and nearest pub.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£341|
Damage Deposit returned within 10 days of exit, providing no damage done.
Changeover day generally Saturday. Arrival 3pm, departure 10am
More flexibility in low season
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property are per night.
There is a 400 euro damage deposit due at the time of booking.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“I love looking out at a panoramic view of the sea, with sea birds diving overhead. We have lots of space inside and around this house, which is good for the whole family. The kitchen/family area is well provided for and comfortable I love going for a bracing walk, then lighting a fire, and reading on the couch.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 1 bathroom upstairs WC, bath with over bath shower 1 downstairs shower and WC. 1 downstairs toilet with washbasin
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 Notes on bedrooms: 1 bedroom downstairs with king sized bed 1 double room downstairs 1 single room downstairs with extra fold out bed I bedroom upstairs with king sized bed
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is very suitable for families, with plenty of running around space just outside the house to kick a ball or look at the view. The house is snug and draught free, and with two living rooms and a tv den upstairs, there is plenty of room for families to spread out to enjoy different activities. Outside: There is an outdoor table and chairs, a barbeque and some loungers. Utility Room: Washing machine and dryer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Linen changed weekly, and property cleaned weekly. Other: The house has a utility room with sink, washing machine and dryer. WC off this room. Further room to store wet weather gear, bicycles, fishing rods etc.