Apartment in Calis, Nr. Fethiye, Turkey - Peaceful Location. Less than 10 minute walk to the beach.
On a small family complex with communal pool and landscaped garden. Furnished to a very high standard. Two double bedrooms on the 1st floor and 1 large double attic bedroom on the 2nd floor. Air-conditioning throughout, rooms open onto large terraces. Mini-markets, bars and restaurants within a short walking distance. All inclusive price!
About the Owner
My name is Andy & I've worked in Kuwait for 19 years as a teacher. My two boys are Jack and Daniel. After spending many years going to the UK for summer holidays and living out of a suitcase we decided a holiday home was needed. We went to Portugal but it was just too expensive to buy there. Other friends had just bought in Turkey, which I had not considered, and the house prices were excellent and affordable. We released some equity from our home in the in the UK and had to work extra to get the money to purchase the property. It was very hard but well worth the effort. In summer 2006 we drove 3000km from Kuwait to Turkey, in just three days. What a great road trip!! We visit every year & love our family time together. Thanks for checking out Riverside and I hope to hear from you soon.
From the Owner
“We love this amazingly beautiful part of Turkey. In November 2004 I drove from Antalya to Altinkum along the coastal route. Seeing Calis beach I knew this was the place to spend family holidays together. Bee Harrison showed me 17 property sites in two days! Riverside was the first site & I loved the huge attic room. Since 2005 we have visited Riverside each year as the kids love the pool & beach. Calis has many excellent restaurants which cater to all tastes. Watching sunset on the promenade is serene and uplifting. You can also go to Fethiye on the River Taxi. Hiring a car there are many interesting places to visit, secluded beaches like Patara, Tlos on the Lycian Way. Saklikent Gorge is well worth a visit and there is the famous Oludeniz beach. Finally there are the mud baths at Dalyan.”
Activity and Interests
Calis Beach is famous for the loggerhead turtle which lays its eggs from May to September it also enjoys spectacular sunsets, cooling breezes and has 6km of beautiful sand and shingle beach. Calis resort is quiet and ideal for families. The promenade is lined with restaurants and bars, providing excellent food and quality of service.
Nearest airport is Dalaman just 35 minutes transfer time from Calis.
Nearest large town of Fethiye is 5 km away by dolmus (6 mins) or taxi-boat (15 mins).
The lagoon at Olu Deniz is a 20-minute ride by dolmus.
There are many things to do and places to visit in the area. You can visit the famous gorge at Saklikent, the ghost town of Kayakoy or visit the mud baths in Dalyan. You can go on Jeep Safaris or take longer excursions to Epheseus or Pammukule. All trips can be booked on the sea front promenade in Calis and a coach will pick you up from Riverside.
Fethiye is a lovely harbour town with a beautiful marina lined with restaurants. You can go on a variety of day trips from the marina eg. a Twelve Islands tour or famous blue lagoon of Olu Deniz. Fethiye has a market day each Tuesday and Friday. Here you can barter for clothes, jewelry and watches as a well as purchase fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Booking Notes:
A deposit of 25% of the total cost is required to secure the booking. A breakage deposit of £200 to be paid (via credit card) in advance of the holiday. Cash funds will be refunded at the end of your holiday subject to no breakage.
Flexible in consideration of flights.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property in UK Pounds for six staying. If four are staying the price per week is 350 pound sterling per week June to September. If the stay is longer than a complete week/s (eg 10/14 nights) please add 1/7 (one seventh of the applicable price for each extra night. Returning guests will receive a 10% discount.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Riverside pool is warmed by the sun all day, the baby pool is adjacent to the main pool. Each room is cooled by excellent A/C. The attic bedroom is spacious & very cozy with settee's and a TV. At night on the roof terrace you can a glass of wine whilst you watch the stars. Riverside is furnished to a very high standard. The kitchen is fully kitted out with an additional freezer. Enjoy breakfast on the kitchen terrace as the sun warms the day. If you have a baby there is a cot. Riverside is within easy walking distance to the beach and restaurants. The dolmus takes you to Fethiye market town where you have the main supermarkets for food shopping, or you can visit the markets on Sunday, Tuesdays & Saturday. Fruit & veg is fresh, you can also buy clothes, always ask for 'the best price'!”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- 80 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- First floor fully tiled bathroom with walk in shower unit, basin and w/c. Second floor fully tiled bathroom with bath, basin, wc and washing machine.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Full Double Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 a/c with double bed. Stylishly furnished in pine, triple wardrobe and chest of drawers. Spacious a opens onto terrace overlooking the pool. Bedroom 2 a/c with 2 single beds, furnished in pine. Bedroom 3 a/c beautiful attic room with double bed.
- Balcony ...
- Garden ...
- Notes on accommodation: The site is quiet and private making it ideal for couples and families alike. It has air conditioning throughout. A safety deposit box, smoke alarms and a fire extinguisher are standard. There will be a welcome pack that includes everyday food essentials, information about the area and important telephone numbers. A mobile phone will also be provided to use as a 24hr helpline. Our representative, who provides a professional and friendly service, will be available for contact during your stay. There is a small shop nearby which you can buy most daily esentials, just a couple of minutes away from the apartment. Outside: Communal swimming pool with a baby pool and landscaped garden. Attractive area with sun loungers and tables. Note: Pool is unsupervised so care is needed with children who cannot swim. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Apartment will be clean and aired for your arrival. A full range of linens and towels is provided which will be changed once a week. Other: Spacious roof terrace with sun loungers, large colourful beach cushions and a sun parasol. Ideal for private sun bathing and a place to enjoy the beautiful sunsets in th evening.