Villa in Homosassa, Gulf of Mexico - Peaceful location full of nature but close enough for day trips to beaches, golf & amusement parks!!
Watch the fish jump in the adjoining Otter Creek whilst enjoying a quiet drink on the decking or a dip in the heated pool. . Enjoy the quiet, relaxed seclusion of this waterfront property with 5 minutes direct boat access to the clear Homosassa River and 20 minutes sail to the Gulf of Mexico. Use the kayak to get closer to the wildlife. See the manatees or just enjoy the fishing, sailing and golf courses in the tranquil area of Florida (1 hour drive North of Tampa). The Nature Coast of Florida deserves its name with over 98000 acres set aside as federal, state or county parks and preservation areas.
Top Traveller Review
Very clean and comfortable!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We loved our week in the villa. It is really well equipped and has everything you need for a relaxing vacation. Great selection of DVDs as well and an mp3 dock. Kitchen is fully equipped and there is plenty of space to relax and chill. You will need a car but the supermarket is only around 5--10 minutes away. Loved having the kayak and the bikes and Mel was very easy to deal with and deposit was refunded promptly. We would love to return. My only suggestions to make it absolutely perfect would be that some of the very large trees could be cut back to allow more sun on the outside area and a 4th lounger would be grand! We asked to have the pool heated which we were very glad of but you still needed courage for the first dip!" The Culleys April 2013
"Lovely house in great location.First time in this part of Florida but will definitively be back" The Richard family August 2011.
4.9 based on 12 holidaymaker reviews
Very clean and comfortable!
We loved the home. Quiet, clean and spacious. Great "old town" location. Bars and restaurants nearby. We were there to visit family so mainly used for just a place to sleep! Sure hope we can go back. Great place for a family to swim, fish and enjoy just "hanging out" with each other.
Everything was very nice! We had everything we needed and relaxed!
Everything in great working order. Comfortable and well maintained. Thank you!
Great house wonderful location
I simply loved this house with all the ammenities. Most days we were torn between hanging out at the house and going to see the many natural sights nearby. Having the kayaks and bicycles at the house was such a bonus so instead of going somewhere else for those activities we could leave right from the house. There are many good restaurants nearby also. I would definitely recommend this property to family and friends. It is clean, well maintained and very comfortable.
All you'll need for a peaceful visit
Had a great stay in this well equipped and tranquil home. Plenty of space and positioned in a quiet cul de sac road. Vey homely with a great deck and pool. Plenty of room outside to chill. Used the kayak which was good fun and caught fish off the deck. Easy access to the Homosassa with nearby slips and good boat rental. Will most certainly return for a second visit.
Very, very peaceful
We stayed here for a week during our month long trip of Florida. Many of the villas for rent although "perfect" can be a little stark or clinical. However the house at Homosassa was just like home and contained absolutely everything we could want and had a lovely feel to it. The location is lovely and ideal for exploring the Gulf side of Florida. In addition there are canoes and cycles available for the more adventurous. I just checked the previous reviews which are all 5 star - can't disagree one bit.
We loved it, thanks Mel.
Activity and Interests
Fort Island beach is 20 minutes drive to the North through a scenic winding road with saw-grass environment and in season the beach is supervised. Features WC's and shops. Pine Island beach is 30 minutes drive South and is again supervised in season with all facilities. Bathing is available from boats in the sparkling Homosassa River. Rainbow Springs is a swimming experience approx 45 mins drive to the North and there are many inexpensive boat, canoe and kayak hire companies in the area.
Tampa International Airport is 67 miles and Orlando International Airport is 98 miles away. Car hire is available at both airports.
There are many restaurants within easy reach of the property. Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park (5 minute drive) is a must-see attraction with manatees and other native Florida animals. Busch Gardens, voted No.2 Theme Park in the world with all its attractions is 1 hour drive away at Tampa. Orlando, which has all the Disney and Universal Theme Parks is approx a 1½ hours drive. Many great beaches are within 30 minutes to 90 minutes away.
The area is a delight for all nature lovers with extensive boating, fishing and 10 golf courses within easy driving distances. Old Homosassa is a preservation area with restricted development and so still has a lot of the charm but is still only 5 minutes drive from the local large supermarkets and shops. There is also a multi-screen cinema complex at the mall, which is a 20 minute drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add £4 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£164|
|cleaning||£62 + Tax|
$200.00 in US Dollars is required to secure dates. This will convert to a damage deposit upon your arrival. The final money will be due 30 days before your arrival. This will be refunded within 1 week after your departure as long as the rental agreement terms have been met.. Please request a rental agreement by email before securing your dates. Payment to be made in US dollars by the following form of payment: PayPal, Visa or MasterCard.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in US Dollars. Pool heating is included in the price, . House cleaning fee is $75.00. There are also local taxes of 9% that will be added. Payment to be made in US Dollars by PayPal, Visa or MasterCard.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- pier fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet, toliet in small closet in garage
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom with bathtub or use as shower, vanity wash basin and toliet. There is an extra toliet in a small space in garage.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, king sized bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, queen sized bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with king size bed, cable TV, radio and ceiling fan. Second bedroom with queen sized bed with ceiling fan, cable tv and radio. Queen air mattress can be used in living area..
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: Air conditioning, heating and ceiling fans throughout the property. Telephone and Wi-Fi.. Please note the property is not available for smokers or pets. Smoking can be outside. Outside: A 28ft heated and screened swimming pool (completed January 2006) adjoins the decking overlooking Otter Creek, which has unrestricted deep water direct access to Homosassa River and the Gulf of Mexico. The house is situated on a tree'd double lot in a quiet Cul de Sac with extensive parking to the front and Otter Creek to the rear. Huge screened lanai with large variety of furniture giving further seating area sheltered from the sun. Gas barbecue grill with an extra filled tank. Fishing poles, double kayak, beach chairs, umbrella and 2 bicycles available for our guests use. Utility Room: Large sized washing machine, tumble dryer and utility sink in garage. Also an extra toliet in small room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linens are supplied. Including beach towels. Optional house cleaning available for longer stays. Other: 1 car garage with full size washing machine, tumble dryer WC and utility sink. Large screened lanai with sit down table and many lounge chairs plus ceiling fans.. Large outside deck with 2 tables and chairs plus 2 lounge chairs. Perfect for sunning.