The Studio is absolutely great. It has a double bed and built in wardrobe, an en- suite with shower, basin and loo and a kitchenette with all you need to prepare light meals and snacks. Wooden French doors open out from the bedroom onto a patio where there is a table and chairs and a swing chair facing into the garden. There is a ceiling fan, cable TV and fresh white bed linen provided. It also has A/C.
The villa is stunning and only an 8 minute walk from an idyllic, tropical beach and lagoon. It is opposite the Lalit Goa golf resort and spa hotel and guests can avail of their many facilities, pool etc at small cost. Palolem and Patnem beaches are close by, with their abundance of wonderful restaurants, shops, beach bars, yoga classes, ayuervedic practitioners, beach volley ball and much, much more. The villa is a romantic and joyful place to stay, with a gorgeous garden filled with tropical trees and colour, a huge sandstone patio, balconies and out door chill out areas in all directions. It has five restaurants within a minutes walk and some do room service to the villa. Daily cleaning and twice weekly laundry service included. The villa offers the ideal break and Indian experience.
Top Traveller Review
Our stay in the Pink Villa
About the Owner
My name is Charlotte and my mother Rosie and I, run the villa! We live in Ireland, where we own and run several rental properties and have been running the villa in Goa as a guest house for eleven years now. We spend several months in heavenly south Goa ourselves each year at the villa. When we are away, our three fantastic staff - Devidas, Reema and Anand, who have all been with us since the start, take excellent care of the villa and the guests.
Charlotte purchased this apartment in 2004
Why Charlotte chose South Goa
We fell madly, hopelessly and deeply in love with Goa whilst on a holiday there and knew immediately that it was a place we wanted a base in! We escape the long cold Irish winters in the glorious Goan sunshine and color - it's a dream!
What makes this apartment unique
This is a great homely vibrant safe space and ideal base for a great time in Goa getting the best of of beach life and Indian village life. The villa is cleaned daily, all your laundry is done for you and it is very secure. It makes for a really great holiday.
Contact owner for details.
Arrivals after 12pm and departures before 10am.
(2 traveller reviews)
Our stay in the Pink Villa
We stayed in the studio last December and it was absolutely perfect! Sometimes you need a bit of peace from the craziness of India and we got it here. We sat out in the garden and ate our breakfast of fruit and samosas that we bought just around the corner each morning. I like that the villa is in a village so it's not too touristy and in no way like a resort. It's comfortable yet authentic. All the locals were friendly and we had everything we needed nearby. The closest beach is also very quiet and you can walk to Palolem and Patnem during low tide. Some other unspoilt beaches further south can be reached easily by renting a scooter and taking the more quiet coastal road or hiring a ricksaw. A air conditioner has been installed just before we got there and I'd say that would be great in the really hot months! I can't wait to go again.
Photos do lie
Booked for 14 nights in the Studio Apartment, stuck it out for 7 nights before moving on ......
VERY disappointed in the standard of the accommodation - dark, dingy, grubby, tired and in desperate need of upgrading. Yes, I appreciate it is India but the quality of crockery - there wasn't any really unless you consider rusty tin cups suitable, electrics / hotplate - dangerous by any standards with threadbare wiring, bedding - thin stained, towels - slimy & hard. Curtains frayed & full of holes & then the bed itself. Again, India is well known for 'hard' beds but the bed in studio was literally like sleeping on solid wood. The mattress on inspection was stained & dirty - it appeared to be made of a straw like material with no give whatsoever.
The bathroom 'worked', but sink, tiling, toilet etc. looked like it hadn't ever been maintained or cleaned and a stained dirty rag for a curtain. As for a quiet peaceful location - I have lived in a city most of my life, yet I have never known such a noisy environment. Packs of dogs howling all night, constant trains passing - the advice from owner was 'buy earplugs!'. Stunning, definately not - I would not recommend & I would certainly never return. I couldn't wait to get away and paid again for other accomodation (was cheaper) that had a decent bed, clean linen etc. Wasn't expecting 5* but I would give this ZERO if I could.
From the Owner
“We fell madly, hopelessly and deeply in love with Goa whilst on a holiday there and knew immediately that it was a place we wanted a base in! We escape the long cold Irish winters in the glorious Goan sunshine and color - it's a dream!”
Activity and Interests
8 minute walk to idyllic and peaceful beach and lagoon. For those who prefer more beach action, Patnem and Palolem beaches are a few minutes away with their abundance of beach restaurants and bars etc. We have the best of both worlds on our door step.
Daboulim (Goa) airport is an hour and 15mins drive by taxi from the villa. (1100 rupees - approx 20 euro) If you require for us to organise a driver to collect you then let us know and this can be arranged. Margao train station is 45mins drive from the villa and has train connections to and from most of the major Indian cities.
The nearest town in Chaudi, 1.5kms away. Palolem is 5kms away, Patnem is 1.5kms away and The 5 star Lalit Goa resort and Spa hotel is opposite us. There are five excellent restaurants within a minutes walk.
Full daily cleaning service and twice weekly laundry service included in hire cost. Baby sitting service available. Airport/train station collection service available.
From the Owner
“This is a great homely vibrant safe space and ideal base for a great time in Goa getting the best of of beach life and Indian village life. The villa is cleaned daily, all your laundry is done for you and it is very secure. It makes for a really great holiday.”
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain climbing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- a good sized bathroom with a shower, basin and loo.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- The double bedroom has beautiful wooden double doors opening out onto a private patio area, an ensuite bathroom, attached kitchenette, A/C, cable TV, drinking water form the filtration system in the kitchen
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is so fantastic and so adaptable. It is ideal for large groups who want to holiday together and yet have their own spaces and separate bathrooms, kitchens etc whilst sharing the same property. It is the ideal property for families with children with the garden, mosquito nets on windows, safe drinking water, proximity to the pool and beach etc. The villa can be taken as a single unit or each apartment can be hired separately by different parties or a combination of two can be taken. The Panoramic apartment is the upper floor of the villa, the Garden apartment is the ground floor and the Studio is an extension to the ground floor facing the garden at the back of the villa. It enjoys a peaceful location and yet is so close to centers of activity and so is great for all ages as there is something nearby for all. There is daily cleaning and twice weekly laundry service, room service available from neighboring restaurants and so it really offers the ideal break. Outside: The garden is filled with an array of palm & fruit trees & an abundance of flowering bushes surround it. There is a large sandstone patio area around the villa with sets of tables & chairs, 4 huge balconies upstairs, two of which are covered & a porch downstairs with a swing chairs & rocking chairs. The garden is a great place to rig up a hammock and relax under a coconut palm! The beach is only a 7 minute walk from the villa, but if you feel like a quick dip without the walk, then there are rickshaws beside us which will drop you to the waters edge for 20 rupees (30p)! For those who prefer pools, there is a magnificent one in the hotel grounds opposite. The hotel charges a reasonable daily rate for this. There is a volley ball net on the beach & tennis courts a minute away which are 200 rupees (£3) to hire for an hour including rackets & balls. There is a stunning lagoon nearby which is a magical place to swim. River trips are available nearby in hollowed out mango trees boats!