Villa in Cavalière, Le Lavandou, Cote d'Azur - 1km from unspoilt seaside village
Superbly located, this spacious villa has stunning panoramic views over the bay and to Cap Nègre and is set in the partly wooded foothills behind Cavalière. Cavalière has its own long sandy beach 15 minutes walk from the villa with shops, beach bars, restaurants and a variety of water sports including jet skiing, water skiing, sailing,wind surfing and parasailing. There is a tennis club with a restaurant just five minutes from the villa and lovely walks in the surrounding hills. A cycle track along the old coastal railway line from Cavalaire-sur-Mer to Hyeres runs through the village. Le Lavandou is 7kms to the west and offers a excellent variety of shops, bars and restaurants plus an excellent local market. Boat trips offering spectacular coastal views can be taken from Le Lavandou harbour to Les Iles d'Hyères 45 minutes offshore. Vibrant and colourful St Tropez is 33km to the east, approximately 45 minutes by car.
Top Traveller Review
We wish we were the owners!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We have had many villa holidays and this is by far the best."
"Very well equipped - a real home from home."
5 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
We wish we were the owners!
The listing for this property was completely accurate regarding location,villa layout and facilities,and the very steep driveway!The villa was beautifully clean and well maintained;booking arrangements were smooth and the owner extremely helpful.Fantastic beach, water sports, bakery,little Spar,and restaurants. We have found a place that we would love to come back to; views to die for, peaceful surroundings and great weather. Location ,location, locatoin..........this is everything you would hope for!
Villa in Cavaliere
We had a lovely two weeks at this beautiful villa. Very well equiped with wonderful views of the med in the distance from the swimming pool and the sun bathing area. It is in a very private and beautifully secluded spot but within easy walk of the village and beach, which was beautiful with lots of beach cafes.
This villa is everything you could ask for, from the high standard of equipment inside and out to the iconic views of the Med from the infinity pool. Walk down to Cavaliere for nice beach, Spa shop with no lunchtime closing, 2 boulangeries/patisseries and a 'poulet roti' stop. Drive a few minutes down to Aiguebelle for a nice meal on the beach at Hotel du Plage.
Amazing location in natural beauty
A big thank you to the owner for a smooth process and all the helpful information - we had a really wonderful and memorable time - we didn't want to leave.
The location is great and the views are breathtaking from the villa and equally so from the 3 hour walk, and the infinity pool.
The local bakery was superb. Cavaliere has, we thought, the best beach and coastline for just sitting and watching the world go by with a glass of rose as the sun sets.
The villa was well equipped and spacious as was the outside area round the pool with beautiful plants and flowers. It felt very safe and private.
We would love to stay again.
Villa in Cavaliere
This is a superb villa with stunning views of sea and the village but is also in very private and quiet grounds. The house is very well equipped and the owner very accessible by phone before and during the holiday if needed. There are 3 different bathrooms in total very adequate for 8 people. Information provided by owner was very good on both house and the surrounding area. Aircon in bedrooms made the holiday very comfortable as it was 35 degrees when we were there. The whole place is furnished to a very high standard and we appreciated the change of sheets at end of first week. Swimming pool is well maintained and cleaned each week. Highly recommendable. The beach is very accessible 15 minutes down hill but a steep climb on the way back (including the drive) so not suitable for less mobile people. Beautiful area to explore or if want to stay close by you can have a relaxing time by the pool or in the local village.
A beautiful villa in Provence
This villa is absolutely wonderful; beautifully appointed and tastefully decorated without ostentation. All bedrooms are very comfortable with climate control a bonus. The lounge/dinner and open plan kitchen make a very convivial space, no one feels 'excluded'. There are three large French doors which open to full width to reveal the lovely terrace and pool (illuminated at night) et finalement, la cerise sur le gateau...the amazing view over the bay of Cavali?re and cap N?gre.
We had a most wonderful fortnight and what is more I was able to keep my fitness level up by walking to the village and back and negotiating the steep drive to the villa.
Activity and Interests
Cavalière has its own superb long sandy beach 1km/15 minutes walk from the villa and Le Lavandou boasts 11 other sandy beaches in the area which are all worth visiting.
By air to Nice, Marseille or Toulon (NB Ryanair seem to have stopped their flights to Toulon but Flybe fly from Bournemouth to Toulon). By TGV to Toulon. There is a good local bus service which runs between St Tropez and Toulon. Car is essential.
Nice, Marseille - 2 hrs by car. Toulon Airport - 35/40 mins by car. Toulon Station - 45/50 mins by car. St Tropez - 45 mins by car (on a good day!).
Cavalière offers everything you need for a family holiday including a weekly market (June to September only) and is well placed for other markets and interesting villages in the area, both inland and along the coast. There is a post office with a cash machine facility and a tourist information office, a small supermarket, tabac, boulangerie and a good range of beach bars/ restaurants.
It should be noted that water sports facilities operate during the summer months only from June to September.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2 Oct 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
We accept two week bookings only during high season (July and August). 25% deposit with booking. 75% 6 wks before holiday. £300 security deposit.
Changeover day is Saturday. Please arrive after 4.00pm and leave before 10.00am. Flexible during low season.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En suite to principal bedroom with walk-in shower, hand basin and WC. 2 further shower rooms with integrated handbasins and separate WC on 1st floor. Downstairs cloakroom with WC and handbasin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 maximum (4 Bedrooms with climate control) Notes on bedrooms: Principal bedroom with large double bed on ground floor with dressing area and fitted cupboard, French windows to terrace and pool. Climate control. Bedroom 2 - large double bed. Climate control. Bedroom 3 - large double bed. Climate control. Bedroom 4 - twin beds. Climate control.
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: The building of this villa was completed in 2004. We have tried to keep it as simple and as comfortable as possible for easy management. All the rooms are light and spacious with sea views and all 4 bedrooms have climate control. Terracotta floor tiles throughout. Please note this property is not suitable for young children and we regret we do not let to families with children aged under 10 years. Strictly no 'stag' or 'hen' parties! No pets please. Outside: The property is accessed by a very steep but short (20m) drive suitable for smaller 4x4 vehicles. Other cars can be parked in a parking bay at the bottom of the drive where there is space for 1 large or 2 small cars. Sun drenched and shaded terraces ideal for sunbathing, outdoor dining and entertaining, all with breathtaking views to the bay and surrounding hills. Private infinity pool, 4.8 x 8.5 x 1.2 - 2.2m depth with security immersion alarm (in compliance with French pool safety regulations), roman steps and a drop of 3m into pool overflow. Pretty terraced garden, well stocked with a variety of Mediterranean plants and shrubs. The villa provides an excellent starting point for easy and more challenging walks. Utility Room: Washing machine, additional fridge/freezer, microwave, storage shelves, wine rack, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and bath towels provided but NOT beach towels. Final cleaning only included. Other: Covered terrace has extendable teak table (can seat 12) and 8 matching chairs, 8 pool loungers with covers, outside shower.