Villa in Perigueux, Dordogne - Peaceful Country Location, 3kms from Perigueux (12th Century town)
This lovely quiet Villa is a beautiful, hand-built, traditional Perigourdine house in woodland in a village with a famous 12th century Abbey. The cosy living room has direct access to the front garden and there are French windows to a delightful rear verandah with steps to the garden, pool and Summer kitchen with Barbeque. One of the ground floor bedrooms also has French windows opening on to the front lawn. The house is furnished with traditional French furniture. Bedding is of very good quality and comfortable.
The large swimming pool has roman steps leading into the shallow end, and measures 10 m x 5 m, depth 1-2m. A pingpong table provides fun for all the family, and children can take advantage of the swings. The house is cleaned before arrival, and the cleanliness of the pool is checked every day.
The house is situated in a desirable quiet residential village called Chancelade which is surrounded by thick woodland so typical of the Dordogne. The 12th Century town of Perigueux with its quaint little antique shops, boutiques and good restaurants is only 3kms away. A large supermarket is 2kms away.
About the Owner
About Caroline Clopet
I am of British nationality, married to a Frenchman. We have been renting this house every year to British tourists for 20 years. I live in Paris, and a family member lives in Chancelade to help our visitors in every way. I work in International Communications, and have been living in France for over 20 years.
Caroline Clopet purchased this villa in 1980
Why Caroline Clopet chose Perigord Blanc
This property is ideal for families and children as it provides an ideal environment to relax and get away from your everyday routine. The house is set in very quiet surroundings, and offers a super French style of living for your holiday in France.
We often come and spend our holidays here, and my children love the house and areas.
What makes this villa unique
The house is unique in that it has been entirely hand built out of thick Perigordine stone so typical of the region. This Perigordine style goes back to the medieval ages, and can only be seen in the Dordogne region. The sun loungers around the lovely pool offer a super place to relax for the day. We have fitted out a summer kitchen with oven, dishwasher, and BBQ which enables families to have their dinner by the pool in the evenings. There is satellite TV and Internet connection.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
From the Owner
“This property is ideal for families and children as it provides an ideal environment to relax and get away from your everyday routine. The house is set in very quiet surroundings, and offers a super French style of living for your holiday in France. We often come and spend our holidays here, and my children love the house and areas.”
Activity and Interests
Ideally situated for exploring the Dordogne region: cave paintings, chateaux, canoeing, cycling, medieval town, roman ruins, restaurants, etc.
Two large supermarkets are only 2kms away.
One of the most famous French food markets is held twice a week in the centre of Perigueux.
Nearest restaurant is 1km in local Chateaux; numerous restaurants in Perigueux.
There are tennis courts available for hire in the village of Chancelade. Canoeing is available at Les Eyies (site of prehistoric man) & Tocane, Mountain bike centre at Montagrier (22kms). Horse Riding is 6kms.
The local tourist centre in Perigueux provides information on historical visits and numerous chateaux in the region. There are also Roman remains and ancient Gladiators Fighting Ring.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£391|
A 25% deposit is required at the time of booking, and the remaining amount is payable upon arrival.
Preferred changeover day is Saturday but this can be flexible, depending on reservations.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in EUROS
25% is required upon booking. The remaining amount can be paid a few weeks before, or upon arrival. Contact owner for details.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is unique in that it has been entirely hand built out of thick Perigordine stone so typical of the region. This Perigordine style goes back to the medieval ages, and can only be seen in the Dordogne region. The sun loungers around the lovely pool offer a super place to relax for the day. We have fitted out a summer kitchen with oven, dishwasher, and BBQ which enables families to have their dinner by the pool in the evenings. There is satellite TV and Internet connection.”
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome ...
- pets considered ...
- smoking allowed ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- theme parks
- winery tours
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- roller blading
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 2 bathrooms, one on ground floor and the other one on the 1st floor. Ground floor bathroom: bath/shower, bidet, separate wc. 1st floor bathroom: shower, toilet, bidet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, Cot can be added if requested
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 ground floor bedrooms with double beds, one with french windows leading into garden. Large wardrobes. 2 large bedrooms on 1st floor, both with double and single beds. Large cupboards & hanging space for clothes. Sitting area between the two bedrooms.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is suitable for children, with swings and a ping pong table. Children need to be under supervision near the swimming pool. Homemade pancakes are available upon request. Outside: There is a fully equipped summer kitchen with barbecue, oven, dishwasher and barbecue in a covered dining terrace that looks onto the pool which has underwater lights for evening swimming. Utility Room: Washing machine. Ping Pong table which can be wheeled outside. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. Property is cleaned before visitors arrive. Other: Excellent pool house with covered dining terrace and summer kitchen with dishwasher, oven, built-in stone barbecue. Separate changing room with toilet.