Restored Trullo near Cisternino, Brindisi, Puglia, Italy - Peaceful Location In Countryside With Own Olive Grove, 5 Minutes From Town
Located in the heart of the Valle d'Itria (which has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site) famous for its trulli, our trullo, situated in over 2 acres of land, has been lovingly restored with a local architect, to provide all the character of these unique properties but with all the mod cons that you would not normally find. Only 5 minutes drive from the beautiful white-washed town of Cisternino with its many gourmet restaurants, cafes and shops. Musical events take place every summer in the local square. This is where the Italians spend their holidays with fashion designers, politicians and even a very well known Hollywood actress having homes in the area!
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We loved your splendid Trullo and had a most enjoyable week there" - Dr RW
"We had a wonderful time and are very envious of your lovely Trullo" - Mrs TJ
"Thanks so much for a fantastic holiday - thoroughly enjoyed it and really loved the Trullo" - Mrs LS
"What a fantastic week we have just had - your trullo is magnificant, a wonderful place and as for Puglia - wonderful!" - Mrs KG
4.5 based on 2 holidaymaker reviews
We had a wonderful holiday staying at this trullo. We were a party of two couples. We weren’t sure what to expect as we had never stayed in a trullo before but we were more than happy to find it very bright and spacious and beautifully done-out. It was also very well equipped and very clean. The linen and towels were lovely ! It was great to find a never-ending supply of hot water which we found is often a problem when staying in properties abroad. We enjoyed lovely breakfasts (and dinners!) on the patio. The setting was very quiet and we helped ourselves to the fruit growing from the trees in the garden. The agent who met us on arrival was very welcoming and spoke good English. We hired a car and drove round all the neighbouring towns (Cisternino and Ostuni are fabulous) and had some great meals out. The beaches were a 20 minute drive away and we enjoyed the drive down through the olive groves. We were actually recommended a great beach by the owners and we also followed their recommendations on restaurants – we particularly liked Osteria Sant’Anna in Cisternino and went there more than once. We have a fantastic holiday and would definitely recommend this trullo – we are already looking to book again for this summer
A cosy and quiet well maintained property within easy driving distance of local amenities including the beaches, supermarket and the beautiful historic town of Cisternino.
The Trullo is set amongst a garden of fruit trees and was the perfect retreat from a busy working life in the UK.
Restaurants are plentiful and good without breaking the bank.
Activity and Interests
20 minute drive to a selection of family-friendly sandy beaches on the Adriatic Coast. A 40 minute drive from the beaches on the Ionian Coast.
Bari Airport (British Airways, Easyjet, Ryan Air) - approx 1 hour by car.
Brindisi Aiport (Ryan Air)- approx 50 minutes by car.
Car hire is essential.
Nearest town is Cisternino - approx 5 minutes by car.
Martina Franca, Locorotondo, Ceglie Messapica, Ostuni - 10 to 20 minutes by car.
Lecce (also known as the "Florence of the South") - 1 1/2 hours by car.
Grottaglie (famous for its ceramics) - 20 minutes by car.
Cisternino, Martina Franca and Ostuni are the nearest towns and have an abundance of quality shops and some fantastic restaurants. All have banks, post offices, bakers, butchers, etc, etc. There is a supermarket within a 3 minute drive from the trullo. There is a weekly market every Monday in Cisternino. Look out for local farmers selling their delicious, seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables direct from their vans.
Horse riding, water sports, tennis and gyms are all available in the local area. We supply all our guests with notes on the local area and restaurant recommendations. There is also a Zoo Safari/Small theme park to keep the little (and not so little ones!) happy.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 50% of the full price is required upon initial booking, with the balance due 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. A £150 breakage deposit is also requested when you pay the balance of your rental. This will be refunded to you once the inventory has been checked at the end of your stay. Contact owner for details of cancellation policy.
Flexible on arrival date - arrival time after 2pm with departure by 10am but again we can be flexible depending if there are other guests leaving/arriving.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Heating will be charged at £50 per week where used.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Ensuite bathroom to bedroom 1 with enclosed walk-in shower cubicle, wc, bidet, heated towel rail, etc. Family bathroom with bath, hand held shower, wc, bidet, spot-lit vanity unit.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds.
- Bicycles ...
- Notes on accommodation: All windows and doors are fitted with integral mosquito nets and exterior shutters which can therefore be left open at night. Full alarm system. Air conditioning is not necessary in the summer due to the thickness of the trullo stone walls and cool summer breeze. Central heating is provided during the colder winter months at extra cost. All gas is supplied by underground tank providing cooking and continuous hot water facilities as required. Please note this is a no smoking trullo. Outside: Private drive with night-time lighting leading to the trullo with ample parking for 3 cars. We have our own olive grove with 40 trees to the front of the property, which is well set back from the small approach road. A large patio area (with outside lighting) surrounds the trullo with table and chairs for al fresco dining, 2 loungers, free standing parasol and barbeque making for relaxed summer evenings. Our rear garden has mixed fruit trees nearest the trullo extending to a large natural expanse of land. There is also a clothes line for drying any washing. Utility Room: Washing machine, ironing board and steam iron, hoover, portable fans. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are provided and rental includes initial and final cleaning service. Additional maid service can be arranged - to be paid locally by guests.