Apartment in Tuscania, Northern Lazio - Close To Tuscany/Umbria And Coastal Beaches
Tuscania is a walled medieval town in Northern Lazio, on the border of Tuscany and Umbria. Tourists visit the town to look at Etruscan tombs, medieval and renaissance architecture, or to sample the excellent local cuisine. Stay locally and soak up the sunshine by Tuscania's 25m outdoor pool, or relax in the park. Alternatively, drive to hilltop towns, hot springs, vineyards or nearby lakes.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Initially my wife and I were looking for an apartment in Tuscany but they were very expensive and the towns there were busy with tourists. The Tuscia (Northern Lazio) though was less developed but to our mind just as beautiful. The international school Lorenzo de’Medici (offers courses on Italian language, history and culture) has recently opened a branch in Tuscania to offer an authentic experience of Italian culture to its students and that makes sense why once you have been there. We now have a young family and the kids enjoy staying here as much as we do.
1 holidaymaker review
Just a little over an hour from Rome you can find this hidden pearl of a place called Tuscania. We rented the appartment for 5 nights. It is a spacious 2-bedroom apartment, well equipped, with a full kitchen and a cozy back yard. We got the "true Italian experience" living in the apartment, that has an excellent location inside the old city walls! Good variety of restaurants and local shops nearby! Wonderfull stay!
From the Owner
“We've had the place for years now and are still discovering new things. When the weather is hot it is nice to go to the beach either at Lake Bolsena or at the coast. It is a good base to get to places like Orvieto in Umbria or into Tuscany, places like Scansano (where Morellino wine comes from) or Partigliano (the cliff-top town). Although we still enjoy spending time actually in Tuscania. There are plenty of little café/bars and restaurants, as well as an Etruscan museum and an open-air swimming pool. And the views from the park across the Etruscan valley of St Peter’s church are stunning. Most of all we just enjoy being immersed in a different culture and language.”
Activity and Interests
25km to Tarquinia Lido, a sandy beach with public and private areas. 17km to Capodimonte lake beach which is sandy, public and very safe for children, many other small beaches can be found around lake Bolsena.
Rome (FCO) Airport - 90km
Rome (CIA) airport - 100km
Tarquinia (coast)- 25km
Lake Bolsena - 15km
Viterbo - 24km
Rome - 90km
Orvieto (Umbria)- 60km
Siena (Tuscany) - 160km
Florence - 200km
Tuscania has 2 supermarkets, several small grocery shops, bakeries, butchers, fishmongers and a wine merchant. Banks in the new town (including a bancomat machine).
Also a number of superb restaurants and several bars.
There is also an outdoor pool, an indoor pool and gymnasium. Tuscania also boasts many churches and a museum.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Full payment due 2 weeks before arrival. Please contact me for additional information and more photographs.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The place is easy to get to and connected by main routes. From Rome it is just over an hours drive. To get the full benefit out of a holiday in the area you need to hire a car. It is a short drive to the beach – either at Lake Bolsena or the coast (where there are various beaches such as Pescia Romana). Parking in Tuscania it quite easy. Generally you can park a minute or so away from the apartment.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with bath/shower over, w.c., bidet. Plumbing to washing machine in corridor.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom two with twin beds and a cot Sofabed in living room sleeps 2.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Property is centrally heated, and thick medieval walls keep the property very cool in the summer months. The property is ideal for children, as it is well equipped and the shared courtyard is secure. Outside: Shared courtyard is secure for children to play in, folding table and chairs can be found in the utility room for sitting/dining outside. Utility Room: Fold up extra single bed, ironing board and iron, folding chairs, spare linen, play pen, pram, pushchair, baby walker, high chair. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Clean bed linen and towels provided. Property is cleaned before arrival and after you leave.