Villa in Alcaufar, Menorca - Private Secluded Location Minutes From Sandy Beach
Es Ventalls is a spacious villa with its own large private swimming pool, tennis court, barbecue and terraces, within its own walled garden of more than 6000sq.mtrs. The swimming pool is enclosed and thus safe for very young children. It is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. The house was built in 1942 by the famous Catalan architect Josep Claret Rubira. It was a holiday home for his family until the early 1950s when it was purchased by a retired British Ambassador who added the walled terraces including a magnificant mosaic of King George VI. The house has now been in the same hands for over 30 year during which time it has been enlarged, modernised and constantly improved with great care being taken to retain its attractive, traditional Menorcan character. Es Ventalls offers complete privacy while the pretty fishing village of Alcaufar and its adjacent beach is only a few minutes walk away.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The sandy beach of Alcaufar offers safe bathing, with adjacent rocks for snorkeling and is just a few minutes walk away. Alcaufar is a small, quiet and attractive fishing village built on one side of a rocky inlet culminating in a sandy beach. It is popular as a weekend and summer holiday retreat for the local population and is not considered to be a busy 'tourist resort'. The village has a small hotel/restaurant, another excellent restaurant and a tapas bar.
Mahon airport approx 15 kms from Alcaufar.
Mahon port approx 10 kms from Alcaufar.
There is a regular bus service between Alcafar and Mahon which then connects with buses throughout the island and airport. However, this local service is infrequent and operates only in the daytime. Although not essential, we do recommend hiring a car to explore this lovely island and also to help with the shopping.
The resort of S'Algar is a five minute drive or a short walk away and offers a choice of many good restaurants, bars, evening entertainment and a full selection of water sports. In the other direction, Punta Prima, with its beautiful sandy beach and selection of restaurants is only ten minutes drive away or a twenty minute walk along the coastal path.
Menorca is quiet and unspoilt yet has every modern facility for a 'get a way from it all' family holiday, whilst having the added bonus of only being a two hour flight from the UK. The island has numerous sandy beaches, small coves and attractive fishing villages around its rocky indented coastline, while the interior boasts several charming small towns and villages, all of which have their own colourful fiestas between June and September.
Guests are met on arrival at Villa Es Ventalls and personally 'introduced' to the house. Comprehensive support is offered throughout your stay with answers to questions, advice and information on local amenities and events readily available.
- Booking Notes:
Es Ventalls is a family holiday home. However there are certain weeks available to rent during the summer months. Please inquire for full details of availability, prices and discounts. All bookings also include one free hire car which is available at the airport on arrival.
Notes on prices:
Please contact us for information on current prices.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 6 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 7 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 8 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 9 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 10 - Shower Enclosure
- 11 ensuite bathrooms. 2 separate private bathrooms. 1 cloakroom/WC and shower. Constant high pressure hot water.
- 10 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Bedroom 10
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 18 (10 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 double bedrooms, each with two ensuite bathrooms. 4 twin bedrooms ensuite. One has two en suite shower rooms. 2 have large private balconies. 2 single bedrooms ensuite. 2 twin bedrooms with private bathrooms opposite. 3 cots available.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- 3 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Es Ventalls is spread over three floors. Seven bedrooms are located on the ground floor, whilst the living accommodation is situated on the first floor along with one of the double bedrooms. The first floor is accessible by both external and internal staircases. There are two twin bedrooms on the top floor, both with private balconies, offering stunning views of the garden, pool, sea and surrounding countryside. Outside: Es Ventalls is approached along its own private drive with the tennis court on the left and a wood on its right. The garden has extensive terraces surrounding a large enclosed piano shaped pool with sun loungers, large sunshades and an outside shower. The pool is enclosed by walls and gates so it is safe for very young children. The pool has a shallow end and diving board. There is a large inbuilt barbeque located between the villa and the pool. There is outside seating for 18 near the barbeque area. There is a fully enclosed hard tennis court which has recently be refurbished. There are outside lights in the pool and barbeque areas. Utility Room: Laundry room with washing and drying machines. Linen and ironing room. Cloakroom/shower room/WC. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels provided and changed weekly. Beach towels not supplied. Other: On the first floor there is a dining room with seating for 18 people, and a large covered dining terrace overlooking the pool with bar fridge and seating for 18. This opens onto a sun terrace with a large parasol, table and chairs.