Farmhouse in Es Castell, Menorca - Private Location In Protected Area
This spacious traditional farmhouse is located within the small country side community of Binissaida. The house is built all in one level, with the exception of the master bedroom, which is on the first floor. This allows easy access for young and old alike making it ideal for holidays. Private 9 meter pool, spacious sunny terraces overlooking the countryside. Very private with security for children. A new kitchen will be installed in Q1 2016.
About the Owner
We are a Dutch/Spanish couple,currently living in the Switzerland, but have lived before in many different parts of the world. Since our wedding in Mahon in 1979, we come yearly for our summer holidays to Menorca to be with family and friends. Recently our son married in Menorca, so our bonds with the island intensified.
From the Owner
“When we were looking for a place to buy, we fell in love with Ses Aubertones the moment we entered the house. It has a charm which is difficult to capture in pictures. The house appeared on maps some 250 years ago, it is registered as a monument and has been restored keeping many of the original aspects in place. It is located in an agriculture area (fruit and vegetables). Our neighbours (two retired brothers) working the land with passion in the morning. There is an agro-turismo hotel with a good restaurant at walking distance, but it is also close to Mahon and its beautiful harbour. The sandy beaches of BiniBeca are also close and we enjoy our daily shopping (and breakfast) in Sant Lluis.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Close to the house are several bicycle paths. Bicycles can be hired in San Luis and Mahon.
10 minutes drive to Binibeca beach.
15 minutes drive to Punta Prima beach.
15-20 minutes walk to the coastal area, Cala San Esteban.
15 minutes drive to the Airport of Mahon.
10 minutes drive to the harbour of Mahon.
The use of car is essential.
5 minutes drive to Es Castell (a fishing harbour).
5 minutes drive to San Luis (charming town with banks, supermarkets, tapas bar).
10 minutes drive to Mahon.
Near to the Prehistoric site of Trepuco.
There are nice restaurants in Es Castell and San Luis.
A local supermarket in Trebaluger (5 minutes drive) where one can buy the local sausages made by the owner.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit is to be paid at the time of the booking, the balance is due 1 month prior to arrival.
Preferred day is Monday. 10am departure, 1.30pm arrival
Notes on prices:
Prices are in UK Pounds, but payments in Euro equivalent are accepted.
20% paid to confirm reservation and the remaining 80% at least one month before arrival
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Over the past ten years the major change we have seen is the development of bicycle paths around the house. It is now possible to cycle to many places without going over main roads. This summer we cycled to Alaior! We see often people riding past the house, in particular in the fiesta period. The proximity of the harbour was for us of particular importance, as we like sailing. We are restoring an old Menorquian fishing boat, which we hope will be part of the Maritime Museum one day. We are also close to a major walking path (Cami de Cavalls), which we sometimes use for a sundowner at the entrance of the Esteban harbour.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Books ...
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- 260 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with wc, shower En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with wc, shower/bath. Bathroom to bedrooms 3/4 with wc, shower/bath.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 Large double bed ensuite bedroom (ground floor). Bedroom 2 Large double bed ensuite bedroom (first floor, with access to terrace). Bedrooms 3/4 twin beds( ground floor).
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is well suited for children as the pool area is fenced. Outside: The farmhouse has a well maintained garden. It has one patio overlooking the countryside, with a shaded wooden dining table with 8 comfortable chairs. The patio has a build in barbeque. The back garden has a palmtree shaded breakfast table for 8 and gives access to a fenced (solar heated, 3.5x9m ) pool, with 4 lounge chairs. A balcony at the back of the house linked the masterbedroom has a table with four chairs, overlooking the countryside, well suited for breakfast when it is not too hot. Utility Room: Wahshing machine, iron/ironboard. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels/linen is included and changed weekly.