Villa in Kalkan, Turkey - Peaceful Location, 35 Minute Walk to Harbour
Look no further Villa Kiraz is a luxury three bedroom detached property set on the hillside overlooking the picturesque village of Kalkan, it is positioned along with a few other select villas and has unhindered views of Kalkan and its surrounding coastline as well as the Taurus mountains. To the west is Patara Beach voted one of the best beaches in Europe with a glorious 8km of golden sands and warm blue sea, it also boasts its own Lycian ruins. Kiraz has its own private pool and mature tropical gardens, a large sun area and a spacious roof terrace. The villa comes equipped with a fully fitted kitchen with all mod cons, it has 3 bathroom which include an ensuit, all 3 have spacious walk in luxury showers. The living area has soft furnishings a feature log fire, has a safe for your security, a TV for DVD use only (player provided) a CD radio,wifi, the rooms are spacious and fully air-conditioned, Kiraz is a beautiful villa looked after to a high standard and in a stunning location.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Kiraz was purchased by 6 people that fell in love with Kalkan 8 years ago, we hope to provide our guests with the same magical time that we all experienced when we discovered this sleepy but up market part of Turkey.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Its the 1st time I have been to kalkan and had Kiraz recommended by a friend who stayed there 5 years ago, it appears this villa has just got better and better, the gardens are just stunning with its very own family of tortoises, whach you toes one of them does not realise its meant to be a vegetarian!
The villa is in a perfect location for the breeze, amazing views and piece and quite, access to the villa is via a small but steep hill, my husband soon got used to driving up this so not such a problem, the views are more than worth it and the villa just tops this off.
The villa does come as advertised fully equipped so no need for the beach towels and hair dryers for us ladies, take a usb with films on for the t.v to entertain the kids and bobs your uncle, chill time for us parents, the pool is awesome long enough to have a descent stretch and still just about warm enough to swim in, it was October.
A big thank you to Debbie for sorting this late booking for us and will definitely be back soon!!
1 holidaymaker review
Flabbergasted .......and that takes a lot ...what can I say villa Kiraz has the most spectacular views over the bay of Kalkan...I personally was never drawn to Turkey ...but my my that place is beautiful ....the town the people everything is stunning ...the villa is set at the foot of the mountains ...tranquil doesn't even come close ...everything is right there ...the pool, barbeque you could just laze around the pool all day if you desired.....just stunning... So glad we took a chance and went to this part of Turkey and had a week in paradise .....thank you
From the Owner
“When we found this property we could not believe it had not already been snapped up, the views the villa have are just amazing, behind we have the natural rolling hillside that ends at the top of the Tourus mountains, then in front the Mediterranean, you could ask for no more, guests have described this location as our piece of Heaven!. The location of this villa is just perfect, it is situated on the hillside with a hand of other villas, after these is just locals that inhabit this area, during the day all you will see is our local Turkish neighbors hard at work on their land whilst their animals, goats and chickens wander near by, that is it, no traffic, bars or shops, just piece and quite, having said this if you require a few essentials you can find these a 5 minute walk away.”
Activity and Interests
Kalkan village is about a 25 to 30 min down hill walk - 5 mins in a car / taxi.
Kaputas beach is a 10 minute drive away, there is a steep walk down to this beach but its well worth it, this is a sandy beach with clear blue sea.
Patara beach is a 20 minute drive, you pay around £2 to use this beach for the week, this beach has everything you need from toilets facilities a good std of food facilities, ancient ruins and golden sands that disappear into the distance the sea is warm and very clear.
Dalaman airport is approximately 1hr 30 minutes. Antalya airport is approximately 3hr 15 minutes. Transfers to and from Kalkan can be arranged in Air Conditioned vehicles. Car Hire is not essential but can be helpful with trips and so on (taxis are readily available to go to town and back). If you are interested in car hire please let us know and we can offer advice on competitive companies.
Kalkan is a classic sleepy fishing village which has lost none of its charm over the years. The villagers have set up a foundation to preserve its heritage so you won't find any noisy discos or unsightly hotels. Days & Evenings alike can be spent wandering along the maze of cobbled streets with an abundance of restaurants, and individual shops that sell carpets, jewelery and ceramics.
Kas is a slightly larger Town and is also worth a visit, it is about 30mins by bus and costs around £3 return.
The nearest local shop is a 5 to10 min walk, here you can buy most things to keep you going. There are plenty of barbers where you can get a hair cut and the legendary Turkish shave which is a must. Kalkan also has plenty of supermarkets that stock anything and everything, and there is also a comprehensive chemist, plus doctors and dentists. There is now an abundance of banking facilities in the village so changing money or drawing money's from your home account will not be an issue, all you would need is a debit card or credit card. This sleepy village has an active but tasteful night life, it consists of fine restaurants many of which are situated over looking the harbor and many select bars, all have one form or another of music which is kept to considerate level. The restaurants here serve every type of food, even the most difficult taste buds to please would find something, the range of food is vast, from authentic Turkish, Chinese, Italian, vegetarian and fresh fish, and of course the local kebabs. There are many activities in and around Kalkan from scuba diving, horse riding, rubber rings, jet skis, water skiing and so on.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Sep 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Contact us for availability. £100 deposit when booking. Final payment 8 weeks prior to holiday. £150 breakages deposit with final payment. Discretionary. Sorry we only except mixed party's, No Hen or Stag Parties. Party's are checked on arrival.
We can usually accommodate change overs on any day of the week but is subject to prior booking commitments.
Notes on prices:
The prices shown are per villa and are in UK Pounds.
Please note: there is a much smaller 4th room with air-con available on request, there may be an additional charge for the use of this room.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“There is not much we can say here really that has not already been said, but here goes, Total piece and quite, The most amazing views, Private pool, Mature colorful gardens with our very own Tortoises, Private parking area, Huge sun terrace for magical sunsets, It just goes on, this place is as near to heaven as you will find in this part of the world, if the above is what you look for in your holidays why go else where!.”
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 1st Flr- En-Suite- WC, Walk in shower, sink, mirror, shaver point 1st Flr- Shower room- WC, Walk in shower, sink, mirror, shaver point Gr Flr- Shower room- WC, Walk in shower, sink, mirror, shaver point All are large tiled wet rooms to a high standard
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 / 3 Bedrooms / 4th Available On Request Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 King size double, en-suite, walk in shower, balcony terrace with stunning sea views. Bedroom 2 King size double, balcony terrace with sea views. Bedroom 3 Two large twin beds, sea views Travel cot.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Villa Kiraz is a large detached villa which has been built to a very high standard. As you will be aware Turkey along with other hot country's can be prone to the odd power cut and water shortage, at Kiraz we have done our very best to minimize any inconvenience in the event of the above happening by installing 3 large solar panels and additional water tanks, this enables the 3 spacious shower rooms to be used at the same time without any shortage of water, we also provide a cot for the small one as well as 2 intercom units, (batteries not provided) on request we can also offer a high chair and baby bathing unit & for your valuables a safe deposit box is also provided, the main door has a double bolt locking system & once shut a key is required for re-entry, the 4th bedroom available on request is often used by children so has an additional lock fitted, this along with the terrace door has a removable key for added safety, this room is also air-coconditioned. Outside: The villa has a large garden with its own family of tortoises, shy but they are there, the grounds are fully landscaped and teeming with scented tropical plants and trees, ideal if you like to tinker in the garden, (we won't mind). To add to your Kiraz experience we have also added more than enough sun loungers and umbrellas, these are positioned around the spacious pool terrace to help you soak up the warm sunshine and cool afternoon breeze, a fabulous combination for enjoying those lazy day moments. Come early evening the sun starts to set, time for the BBQ area. The BBQ is provided along with utensils, but not coal, and is in a carefully selected position next to the pool, an ideal location for taking in the stunning Patara sunset and listening to the local mosque calling their evening prayers. Turning to the left is a magnificent night view of Kalkan, now all that's left is to put on your shorts, turn on the pool lights and dive in for a warm evening dip! enjoy. Utility Room: There is a small utility area next to the stairwell that houses the washing machine, basket, sweeping brushe, dustpan and brush / ironing board & pegs, previous guests often leave swimming float aids here also. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: A reasonable supply of towels are provided and are changed once per week. Bedlinen is also provided and is also changed once per week, this can be increased if requested during your stay. Beach towels are not supplied. Maid service is once per week. Other: All rooms have air-conditioning and are tiled throughout. Each of the double bedrooms have the luxury of a balcony for those quiet moments, they also have a wardrobe with a large chest of draws, bedside cabinets and lamps.