Villa in Kalkan, Turkey - Peaceful Location overlooking the village and the Harbour and Village
Beautifully presented and comfortably furnished traditional stone villa set on a delightful plot on the hillside overlooking Kalkan harbour. There is a large private pool with excellent terracing, fragrant garden, and two superb roof terraces offering spectacular South facing views. All four bedrooms have en suite facilities, fitted wardrobes and private balconies. Beautifully furnished throughout with all mod cons! Air conditioning throughout as well as an open fireplace in the lounge for chilly nights. Built in barbecue. Parking.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
A beautiful and well equipped villa which was our home for a most enjoyable three weeks. We will be back!! - D McGinn - Herts.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Plenty of water sports, excellent places of historical interest within easy reach. Kalkan harbour provides boat trips and fishing trips with a local dive centre just in the harbour. There are two beach clubs within close proximity which offer free taxi services. The beach clubs offer jet skiing and water skiing as well as banana boat rides!! Parasailing takes place from the top of the mountains landing in the harbour and this can be arranged in the village. There is a huge sandy beach at Patara - just a 20 minutes drive away where you can horse ride.
Kalkan beach is the local beach, next to the harbour. Patara beach which is the largest beach along this coast of Turkey is a 20 minute dolmus ride away. There are also many other small sandy coves only 5 minutes drive away i.e. Kaputas beach which is a beautiful secluded cove.
Fly to Dalaman where you can either hire a car or I can arrange a private transfer for you. It takes just under 1.5 hours to reach Kalkan but is a very pretty journey. Winter there are now more regular flights to Dalaman so the season is extending slightly.
There are a wealth of places of interests to visit - consult visitkalkan.com for details. The closest towns are Kas (20 minutes) or Fethiye (about 45 minutes to an hour). Taxis are very cheap and readily available. I can also arrange car hire for you if required. The roads around this part of Turkey are fairly quiet and easy to drive!
Kalkan is a small fishing village which has expanded gradually over recent years. There are a wealth of superb restaurants to suit all pockets and these are mainly situated along the harbour front or on roof terraces offering excellent views over the sea, excellent fresh fish and seafood, many jewellers and arts and crafts shops. Lots of "designer" clothes and handbags on offer too!!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking direct with the owner. Deposit of 20% on booking with the balance payable 8 weeks prior to departure. If a transfer is required this should be arranged at the time of booking, payment will be made direct to the driver.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- All en suites have shower cubicle, wc and wash hand basin. There is an additional wc to the ground floor.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed,and en suite shower room. Bedroom 2 with double bed and en suite shower room. Bedroom 3 with twin beds and en suite shower room. Bedroom 4 with twin beds and en suite shower room. Fitted wardrobes & dressing tables in each.
- Notes on accommodation: Air conditioned Music, TV and DVD player. Outside: Large private pool with childrens pool area. Large sun terracing with 10 sunbeds and parasols provided. Two outside dining tables with chairs and a stone built barbecue. Private gardens with many fragrant bushes, olive trees and flowers. Utility Room: Sink unit and storage cupboards and washing machine, clothes airer, iron, ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are all provided and there is a clean every week (this can be increased by arrangement). Other: The dining room looks out over olive trees and has a dining table and eight chairs. There are private balconies to all four bedrooms.