Villa in Playas de Fornells, Menorca - Spacious, Comfortable Family Accommodation, Ideal for Sun, Sea and Relaxation
"Casa Rosas" is situated at Playas de Fornells, 29kms from Mahon airport on the North coast of Menorca, a small well established Spanish style community comprising apartments and villas set amidst attractive landscaped gardens. The community is clustered along the coastline of a wide inlet at the head of which is the long sandy beach Cala Tirant, ideal for safe bathing and water sports for all ages.
The property is one of 5 detached villas set in private gardens overlooking the bay of Tirant and overlooks the shared pool.
Accommodation is on two floors with entrance via an arched french door off the patio leading to an open plan lounge, dining area, fully fitted kitchen. There are 2 ground floor bedrooms plus full bathroom and on the upper floor a master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and private sun-terrace giving commanding views over the bay of Tirant.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Cala Tirant beach is approximately 10 minutes stroll from the villa where the long sandy gently shelving beach provides safe bathing for all ages and some fun surfing when the wind gets up.
Alternatively, for more serious swimmers the deep crystal clear waters of the bay, ideal for snorkelling, can be accessed 75 metres from the villa.
Mahon airport is approximately 30 minutes drive from the villa.
Car hire is recommended but not essential.
Fornells, approximately 2 kms distant, is a well known and picturesque fishing village with many restaurants overlooking the picturesque harbour. Nearer still is Ses Salines a small but busy sailing centre based on the bay of Fornells with 2 good restaurants.
Es Mercadal, approximately 5 kms is a local working village, with plenty of interesting shops, restaurants and bars.
Most amenities are available on the community during the season including supermarkets, a good selection of friendly bars, restaurants, car and bike hire as well as the opportunity for scuba diving. Loungers, canoes and pedalos are available for hire on the beach which is patrolled by lifeguards.
Activities available locally include windsurfing and dinghy sailing at nearby Ses Salines or Fornells where scuba diving, canoe, motor boat and bike hire are also available.
For the keen walker many parts of the island inaccessible by car can be explored via circular coastal and inland paths. October through to June are ideal months for walking due to the abundance of wild flowers and comfortable temperatures.
Visitors hiring a car can enjoy the beautiful beaches on the North coast, the pine clad coves on the South of the isalnd or the unspoilt interior. The major port towns of Mahon and Ciutadella are also well worth visiting.
Banks can be found in Es Mercadal or Fornells. There is a cash point on the community.
- Booking Notes:
For full booking details and further information please contact the owner Bob Finch - see below.
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to master bedroom with toilet, bidet, twin wash basins and walk-in shower. Ground floor bathroom with toilet, twin wash basins plus bath with shower over.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 to 8 (3 double bedrooms plus bed settee) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom on first floor with double bed. Bedroom 2 and Bedroom 3 both with twin beds on ground floor. Bed-settee in lounge sleeps 2 people. Cot available on request.
- Golf ...
- Outside: The villa is bordered to the front and side by a spacious west facing patio with magnificent views providing a peaceful, private setting for outdoor relaxation and eating or simply taking in the spectacular views or Menorcan sunsets. A full set of loungers, tables, parasol, chairs and a barbeque are provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels (not beach/pool towels) are provided and changed weekly by our local management company. Property cleaned on arrival and departure or more frequently if requested in which case an extra charge will be made.