Restored Farmhouse near Santo Estevao, Tavira, Algarve-10 Mins To Tavira + Beaches, 15 Mins To Benamor Golf Course, 2 Km To Restaurant, Bar & Store
If you're looking for seclusion, then look no further. Off a country road, 'Hope Farm' or 'Quinta Esperanca' is surrounded by hundreds of acres of unspoilt countryside and is a wonderful space for families to discover the natural beauty of the Asseca Valley. Your only neighbours are the birds and the orange groves. The restored farmhouse is full of Portuguese rustic charm and is furnished with 19th century early American furniture and nautical antiquities. The nautical theme continues out onto the large terrace, where the sun beds and patio furniture surround the delightful pool which overlooks wonderful hill views. There is also a BBQ and shaded covered terrace with table and chairs. The Asseca valley is an excellent base from which to explore the miles of unspoilt beaches and numerous golf courses around the Eastern Algarve. Or you may choose to simply unwind in the comfort and tranquility of ‘Quinta Esperanca'.
Top Traveller Review
There are not many places that offer the seclusion in nature we have here and still be only a few kilometers from beaches and the lovely town of Tavira.
We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit August 2015.
Cheers till then Kenneth Gardner Sten
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Well, after a week back in rainy England, Hope Farm seems so far away. We had a wonderful time there, the house was a wonderful place in so many ways it proved difficult to leave! Whilst staying there, we explored the region less than planned as the house, pool and immediate location were so delightful. We saw eagles, rabbits, patridges ad we loved the geckos. We did take the boat trip to Spain and went to see a movie in the open-air ciema in Tavira as part of the annual festival which was amazing. The house is beautiful - loved the nautical theme and a real home from home - everything we could possibly want and need. Thank you for letting us stay for the past two weeks, we would love to return one day" - Andy & Deborah
1 holidaymaker review
Well what can I say, I have stayed in several places that were advertised as peacefull and secluded but turned out to be far from it! this lovely restored farmhouse however was excactly as Kenneth described it both on the site and over the phone.from dawn until dusk all you heard or saw were birds and insects and maybe the odd pick up truck tending the orange groves.The house had everything you needed with loads of room and comfey chairs but maintaining the true rustic feel. every nook and cranny was filled with interesting boating bits and pieces and the woodburner is a work of art! the pool was just right in temp and size also crystal clear! it has taken a long while to find a place like this and is very reasonably priced indeed. once again many thanks Ken and Hans , and see you August 2015, cant wait!!
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Fantastic bird watching. Secluded enough for naturists total privacy.
Total seclusion yet only a few minutes from Tavira, beeches restraints nearest neighbor 1.5 kilometer away ,no barking dogs and no traffic noise just the sound of the birds and the wind in the trees and on a weekly occasion the sounds of passing sheep
moving through the valley to a new pasture ,total serenity .
Ilha de Travira is a 10 minute drive away and is one of the best beaches in the Algarve. Reached by a short ride in a charming ferry you will discover wonderful, sandy beaches, beach bars and restaurants on an island 10 miles by 1. All the beaches on the Algarve are naturist friendly and most have blue flag ratings. Sta Luzia village next to Tavira also has the beautiful beach of Barril, situated in a nature reserve and reached by a minature train. Within the Algarve there are over 100 beaches.
The nearest airport is Faro which is a 30 minute drive. Car hire is essential for the villa and can be arranged from the airport and should be arranged in advance.
The nearest village is Santo Estevao (3 km) where there is shop and a restaurant. Tavira is the closest main town and can be reached in 10 mins by car, where there is a large variety of restaurants and supermarkets and daily fruit and fish market.
The historic fishing town of Tavira is only is only 10km away (10 minute drive) and is full of traditional Portuguese charm. Founded in 400 BC by the Moors, Tavira sits between the gently flowing Rio Gilao and is one of the most unspoilt coastal towns on the Algarve boasting a Roman Bridge, its own castle, plus 35 ancient churches. Numerous cafes, bars and restaurants line the river, public gardens and quiet squares, offering an array of traditional patisseries and fresh fish dishes.
The thriving market town of Loule contains the ruins of a Moorish castle, the thirteenth-century Gothic Igreja Matriz church, together with excellent restaurants serving traditional cuisine and a bustling covered market.
Olhao, a fishing port, has a lively market every morning along the waterfront offering an impressive variety of fresh fish for sale. Also worth a visit is the old town of Faro.
The palace of Estoi and the Roman mosaics at Milreu are also within easy reach as well as the resorts of Quinta do Lago, Vale do Lobo and Vilamoura.
The Spanish town of Ayamonte is only a short 28km drive away and the broad Rio Guardiana marks the border between the eastern Algarve and Spain. Just 45km’s scenic drive up the Guadiana River you will arrive at the picturesque town of Alcoutin. Alcoutin has a long history and a wonderful castle which dates back to the fourteenth century.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
26 Apr 2017 - 30 May 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Early Summer 2017
31 May 2017 - 13 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
14 Jun 2017 - 13 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Tuesday to Tuesday as airports are not as congested and travel is less expensive on a Tuesday.
A 50% deposit will be required at the time of reservation and is non-refundable on cancellations made less than one month before arrival. The balance should then be settled up to one month before arrival please.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- roller blading
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- There are 3 bathrooms. All have showers, baths, bidets and wc. The 3rd bathroom is off the pool area and has a wc and shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) +child cot Notes on bedrooms: Spacious master bedroom with beautiful view of the Asseca valley. Bedroom 2 with a double bed. Bedroom 3 has twin beds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: There are fans in each bedroom for hot summer nights. The house has a private drive. and pool area offers total privacy. Outside: Bourganvillias, Fig trees and natural Cacti surround the enchanting 'cobalt blue' circular pool. (6.5 meters in diameter) There is also a BBQ and shaded covered terrace with table and chairs. The valley pastures are frequented by the local shepherd and his flock of sheep, whilst the area is the natural habitat for rabbits. This is also one of the best bird watching spots of the Eastern Algarve with regular sighting of golden and Imperial eagles, white egrets, owls, cuckoos, nightingales and blue herons. The nearest beach is 12km away, but a very short walk (200 meters) takes you to a beautiful fresh water pond surrounded by reeds, where, in summer, confident swimmers can enjoy bathing in complete solitude. The owner has also supplies a pedal boat for fun. To discover the delights of the valley there are plenty of walks which take you into the blissfully unspoilt countryside where you will find freshwater waterfall and ponds. Utility Room: new washing machine out side on kitchen side of house Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are provided. There is a weekly maid service which includes linen and towel change as well as house cleaning. The pool is serviced twice a week. Other: The farmhouse has a number of terraces overlooking the pool and valley which are perfect dinning areas on warm summer evenings. There is also a BBQ which guests can use.