Villa in Funchais, between Loule and Sao Bras de Alportel, Central Algarve - Beautiful Rural Location With Stunning Views
Casa das Pedras is a private 2-bedroomed villa with swimming pool and excellent facilities and appliances. It is set on the side of the hill with wonderful views of the Bordeira valley and is ideal for anyone who enjoys the peace and tranquility of the countryside. The villa is the last of a group of six properties, placed so as not to overlook each other. It is a 15 minute drive to Loule and 10 minutes to Sao Bras and only 18km from Faro airport.
Top Traveller Review
Enjoyed a splendid break
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
A Visitors' Book can be found at the villa, guests are warmly invited to add their comments.
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Enjoyed a splendid break
I am delighted to recommend this holiday home. It's not huge but it is delightful, and very tranquil, very comprehensively equipped, easily reached, and just a five minute drive into Sao Bras. I stayed in late January and early February, which was a great break from an English winter. I look forward to returning.
The Perfect Villa
This villa is perfect. Beautiful, tranquil location with stunning views over the countryside. Lovely pool and barbecue area, a very well equipped kitchen and all exceptionally clean. Would recommend it to anyone . . . and we are definitely going again!
A wonderful holiday
We had a wonderful stay in this beautiful villa that was fully equipped for all our needs. The villa was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Set in the countryside, it was so peaceful and relaxing. Our teenage children were more than happy to spend time in the gorgeous pool and gardens - there is even a choice of terraces, 3 sets of garden tables and chairs, great sun loungers and the bbq was an added bonus. A hire car is a must as there are lots of great places to visit. A supermarket and town are nearby with great restaurants - the food here is superb. If you want a quiet, authentic place to stay within 20 - 30mins of all the various tourist attractions, this is the place to go. We certainly hope to return.
Fantastic place for a family holiday
My girlfriend and 2 boys stayed at this property for a week in August. We had looked at other properties but chose this one. The pics did not do it justice.
The villa was everything we had hoped it to be and more. Its set in a very quiet, secluded area in the hills of Funchais. It was spotlessly clean, fully equipped and air-conditioned. Towels were provided and the pool was cleaned once a week. We spent the majority of our time in the pool and on the terrace. 4 sun loungers were provided as well as outside tables and chairs so we could sit and eat, al fresco, straight from the BBQ.
The kitchen provided every utensil you could possibly need and the washing machine and dish washer were a god send. The lack of TV and wifi didn't detract from our fantastic holiday. The owners provided books, board games and a very informative info pack of do's and don'ts, places to visit, restaurants and local attractions.
Plenty of fresh bedding was provided for both of the adequately sized rooms. The master bedroom had a spotless en suite bathroom with a bath, shower, double sink and bidet.
Communication with the owner was very efficient and quick. He provided me with all of the information I would need and his directions were spot on. Payment was easy, trouble free and very reasonable.
A hire car is a must as its a good 30 min drive from Faro airport and 40 mins to Vilamoura. Loule is only 20 mins away.
There are 2 supermarkets nearby so food shopping was no problem and fairly cheap.
I cannot speak highly enough of this property. We will be booking again and can recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing, fun, Algarve holiday.
The weather was fantastic too 36c every day.
Activity and Interests
20 minutes drive to Faro beaches and access to ferries to the small islands near Faro and Olhao. Information on these and other trips can be found within the villa.
18km from Faro airport. Car hire is recommended due to rural location, but parking is available at the villa.
8km from Loule with its attractive castle, 3km from Santa Barbra de Nexe, 5km from Sao Bras de Alportel for shopping and restaurants and 18km from Faro. Along the Algarve coast you will also find beautiful old towns such as Tavira and Almacil/Sao Lourenco and a variety of children's attractions such as Wet and Wild or Aquariums, all within 3/4 hour drive from the villa.
Sao Bras de Alportel is the most convenient for shopping. It has an Intermarche supermarket, banks and restaurants. Loule has slightly larger, but cheaper supermarkets, such as Modelo and Lidl. There is also a large shopping complex in Faro, which includes supermarkets and cinemas.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
For all bookings, please contact Mr & Mrs Hulsman. Email contact is preferable to telephone. Payable is asked at time of booking, but the owners are open to discussing the timing.
Changeover day is Thursday. Departures should be before 10am and arrivals should be after 2pm.
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath/shower over, wc, double wash basin. Bathroom with shower, wash basin, wc, bidet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Air-conditioning is installed but available as an extra facility, if required, at an extra cost of £25 per week per bedroom. Arranged through local manager. Outside: At the rear of the villa is a covered patio with table, chairs, sun-loungers, a built-in barbecue and a couple of steps down to the pool. The pool is a private L-shaped pool for sole use of the tenants. At the front of the villa is a second patio area, ideal for access from the kitchen. It is very pleasant for eating out in the evening and includes a patio table with four chairs and umbrella, there is also outside lighting. The property has an enclosed gated driveway for parking and also has an extensive attractive garden. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The property is maid cleaned once a week, when linen and towels are changed. The swimming pool is also cleaned and a gardener visits once a week. A local property manager can be contacted if there are any problems.