Luxury Villa with Pool, Large Gardens and Orchard in Lliber, Jalon Valley, Costa Blanca, Spain - Contemporary Design, Beautifully Furnished, Wi Fi, UK TV Channels, Private And Tranquil Location
La Terraza is a split-level, spacious house of contemporary design with one-acre gardens and private pool. The property is set amongst vineyards and has fantastic mountain and valley views. There are many outside relaxation areas to enjoy in the one-acre gardens and orchard with sunny and shaded areas. The master bedroom suite and living accommodation of La Terraza is on the upper floor and is open plan, light and airy with cathedral ceilings. French doors open on to the large roofed terrace where we have outside dining table and chairs to take full advantage of the magnificent views across the vineyards to the mountains. The kitchen has luxury fittings and the solid oak dining table seats 8. La Terraza is beautifully furnished throughout leather sofas, quality super king size beds and quality linen/towels. The lower floor of the house has a hallway, 2 large bedrooms and bathroom, large garden room with library and French doors opening on to the gardens.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We built our first property, La Terraza, in the Jalon Valley in 2001 and started renting it for holidays the following year. Our main home is in the mountains about an hour´s drive from La Terraza at 800 metres above sea level where we live with our 3 rescue dogs Boy, Edie and Gordo.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you for helping to make our holiday at La Terraza so wonderful, we thoroughly enjoyed our 3 weeks. The house is comfortable, well equipped and matched the high standards advertised. The pool was exceptional - Fiona M., Leeds, Aug 2011
The location is stunning, we loved the space and seclusion compared to places we have stayed previously - Sarah C., London, July 2011
A lovely villa in beautiful countryside. Private but close to all amenities. The villa is immaculate & has everything you need to make it a "Home from Home". Would definitely go there again - Sue M., Liverpool, June 2011
This is the perfect place for a perfect holiday - we are already planning to book for next year - Anna M, Norfolk, June 2011
We cannot rate La Terraza highly enough. It ticks all the boxes for us & is in the most beautiful rural setting with stunning panoramic views up the Jalon Valley. I have stayed in other villas in the area, but they are not a patch on La Terraza- Pete H., Sussex. Aug
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Stayed at this property many times over the last 6 years, we love it so much. Listing description is extremely accurate regarding location and facilities. As the saying goes "it does what it says on the tin". The property is luxurious, very well maintained and spotlessly clean and tidy. It is also being constantly improved. The owners are lovely people, are extremely helpful and provide a very professional and friendly service. I would very much recommend the property to friends and relatives. It is so peaceful and private and the ideal place to relax, unwind, and have a super holiday. Activities, attractions, restaurants, bars and shops are all close by. Several beaches are easily accessible with numerous bars, restaurants, and shopping and are not overbuilt like other parts of the Alicante area. There are also several open markets each week in the local and surrounding area with bargains to be had on clothes, leather goods, jewellery, antiques and food. I can honestly say that we have had our best and most enjoyable holidays at this property and we have stayed in other parts of Spain and in France and Italy. It is truly a lovely place.
Another Fantastic Holiday
Our third time at La Terraza and it didn't disappoint. It is a home from home, very comfortable and the pool and garden are fantastic. Easy access to surrounding area with a great choice of restaurants, bars and beaches.
Thank you again Angie and Simon, everything was just perfect
Super villa in private location
The listing details for this villa are very accurate and there is little to more to add to other than it's better than I had imagined and was not disappointed at all. When we arrived the property was immaculate. The rooms are spacious and so is the pool and garden. The villa is very well equipped, much more so than other villas we have rented and we have rented a lot!
The owners met us to show us around but after that they were very discreet, only attending the villa to clean the pool every few days. This is important to us as we enjoy our privacy.
The beds were huge with mattress toppers and John Lewis linen. The view from the bedroom over the pool was a fantastic treat to wake up to. The views from the naya go all the way down the valley, the sunset over the mountains is amazing. The wifi worked well and nothing broke down or didn't work as we have often found in other villas. This was our first visit to the Costa Blanca and we were very impressed. A folder or guestbook would have been a nice way to share suggestions and recommendations with like minded guests? Other than that, perfect.
From the Owner
“We built La Terraza to our own design and specification on a plot of land surrounded by vineyards and accessed down a sandy lane. This was a fantastic opportunity to build our dream home in the perfect location, even down to the exact location of the pool and the terraces for sun, shade and to watch the sun go down at the bottom of the Valley behind the mountains. The Jalon Valley is a marvellous place to holiday ..... you can have a taste of the Real Spain without fluency in Spanish as English is spoken in many places, yet the Valley remains unspoilt and beautiful.”
Activity and Interests
There are wonderful beaches within 15 to 20 minutes drive .. the resorts of Javea, Denia, Calpe and Gandia are the closest and offer clean and safe bathing as well as restaurants and shopping.
La Terraza is situated approximately 50 minutes by car from Alicante Airport (to the south) and approximately 75 minutes by car from Valencia Airport (to the north). Alicante Airport has many low-cost flights from the UK and we would also highly recommend Valencia Airport with an increasing number of airlines using its facilities. We would be delighted to forward you information of low-cost airlines we have used ourselves as well as car hire information.
La Terraza is 1.5km from Lliber, a charming village with small shops, bars and two restaurants. The town of Jalon is 3km away with larger shops, bars and cafes, many excellent restaurants, bodegas, Saturday morning "rastro" bric-a-brac market.
The Jalon Valley has dozens of rustic country restaurants serving local cuisine and wines at exceptional prices. There is much to enjoy in this beautiful and un-spoilt part of Spain. The climate is superb, warm and sunny spring and autumn seasons, mild winters and of course hot summers, perfect for all outdoor activities. There is fell-walking, mountain-biking and horse-riding in the valley for the energetic and excellent golf courses on the Costa Blanca within very easy access. We are happy to advise on golf courses, handicap requirements, green fees and tee booking procedures. Lovely beaches and coastal resorts are approx 20 - 30 mins drive away. Benidorm and its theme parks and endless facilities are approximately 40 mins drive away. Local markets are a great source of clothing, shoes and leather goods and in coastal resort towns nearby you will find many elegant boutiques. We have much information and experience of the local area, the coastal resorts and the area further inland of the Jalon Valley and would be delighted to pass this on to you to help make your stay more enjoyable. We can recommend restaurants, bars, shopping, in fact anything you need to know.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
MID PEAK - 1 to 21 JULY
1 Jul 2017 - 21 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
PEAK - 22 JULY to 31 AUGUST
22 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Sep 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
25% deposit is required to secure your booking. Balance of rental is payable 8 weeks before your arrival date together with a refundable security deposit of £150, refunded within 10 working days of your departure. Saturday to Saturday bookings are preferred, but please ask if we are able to accommodate other arrival/departure days. We are able to accept payment by credit card. Please ask us for a full photo library of the villa and we can send by email upon request.
Any changeover day. Arrival time after 4pm and departure time before 10am - we will endeavour to be flexible wherever possible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Rental includes a full clean before your arrival, pool/beach towels and a linen/towel change for stays of 2 weeks and longer. Welcome pack and range of store cupboard ingredients provided plus all cleaning materials and dishwasher/washing machine detergents are supplied.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“La Terraza is a particularly spacious and comfortable property. The footprint is very large for a 3 bedroomed villa so, for example, bedrooms are easily able to accommodate our 6 foot superking beds. We have furnished the property with contemporary and antique pieces and the kitchen is well-equipped (we like to cook!). Wi Fi internet is available to our guests, just bring your laptop or iPhone. We also have UK Terrestrial TV channels at the villa so those of you who want Soaps will have them! The gardens are large (over 1 acre) so plenty of room to explore and the land and property is private and not overlooked. We manage the property personally and are always on hand to offer assistance or convey our knowledge of the area.”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, separate shower, wc. Shower room adjacent to bedrooms 2 and 3 with shower, wc. All bedrooms, bathroom and shower room have anti-mosquito fly screens fitted at the windows for your comfort.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with super king size bed (6 foot). Bedroom 2 with super king size bed (6 foot). Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Cot/highchair upon request. The super king size beds can be split into single 3 ft beds.
- Notes on accommodation: La Terraza has gas heating in the open plan living area, and electric radiator central heating in all bedrooms/bathrooms. We have decorative wrought iron gates at the top of the stairs in the living room and at the entrance to the pool terrace on the naya so guests with young children can relax. The accommodation throughout is very spacious and unusually for Spanish houses, La Terraza has many large windows to take advantage of the spectacular views across the valley to the mountains. The satellite TV system offers UK TV channels of BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4, C5 plus a selection of channels including movies. We have a wireless internet connection for use with your laptop or device. There is ample room for off-road parking for several cars in La Terraza's driveway. Security alarm. All bedrooms, bathroom and shower room have anti-mosquito fly screens fitted at the windows for your comfort. Please ask us to send you our comprehensive photo gallery. Outside: La Terraza has large one-acre gardens, a large wraparound terrace from the upper floor of the house leading around to the pool terrace plus garden terraces providing areas of sun and shade to sit and relax. The living area of the house is on the upper floor and has 2 sets of French doors which open on to the enormous covered terrace where there is a further dining furniture to take advantage of the fantastic views across the vineyards and the Jalon Valley. The pool is 10 x 4 metres and has Roman steps and underwater lighting and a poolside shower. The pool terrace is balconied and very spacious. We have a large parasol, 8 sunbeds as well as poolside dining table and chairs. We have a large custom made wrought iron BBQ. There is secure off-road parking for several cars in the driveway. The villa is not on a development and has just two neighbouring villas which do not overlook the villa, terraces, pool or gardens. Utility Room: Separate utility room off the entrance hallway with large sink, washing machine, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is thoroughly cleaned before each guest booking. High quality Egyptian towels and John Lewis linen are included and are changed weekly for bookings of two weeks plus. Pool/beach towels are supplied for guest use. Other: The property has gas heating in the living area plus electric radiator central heating in bedrooms/bathrooms. There is a collection of DVDs, books and large CD collection. Hairdryer, security alarm. Cot and high chair upon request.