Secluded Villa close to Iznajar - A peaceful, "getaway from it all" retreat overlooking the Valley of the Cherries
Casa Cristina is a sympathetically restored and extended traditional Andalucian country villa. We have carefully combined modern convenience with traditional Spanish architectural design which retains all the rustic charm and sense of its 400 year history. Located on a hillside, overlooking the Arroya del Cerezo running through the valley, with superb views to the distant hills of Las Chozas and beyond.
What could be better than to start your day with a breakfast of fresh figs from our trees, when in season, on the kitchen terrace, before whiling away the rest of the day in and around the pool, or curled up on the roof terrace under the shade of the bamboo and grape cover with one of our many books. And at the end of the day, al fresco eating by the pool, watching the sun-set.
About the Owner
My husband and I have lived in Spain since 2001, after early retirement as a Personal Assistant and Creative Director of a design group. We take pride in our properties and are responsive to any of our renters needs. Since we are local, we deal with our guests directly – from key exchanges, to cleaning, to repairs, and anything in between. Both our properties are fully furnished and have all the amenities of home!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Great time had by all - a really excellent place to unwind, catch some rays and enjoy the Spanish lifestyle. Fantastic figs too - we all want a casa with a fig tree now! Thanks very much for a top holiday. Rich, Sophia and family
For two busy people with a large family, this really has been the perfect tonic to our everyday lives. The house and views are wonderful, the pool superb. We had had no need to venture far, just let the kids work off their energy in the water, whilst the adults have recharged our batteries. A holiday to remember. Many thanks Ken & Chris especially for your hospitality. I think we can safely say we would like to come again. Rob, Sue & Family
Thank you Chris & Ken for a slice of heaven this week. We were so lucky you could squeeze us in at short notice. We've all had a fantastic holiday, very relaxing and enjoyable. The view is gorgeous the accommodation perfect, and the pool ...idyllic! Elain, David and family
Activity and Interests
Iznajar (a short drive away) is on the edge of the largest lake in Andalucia which has its own beach with pedaloes, bar/restaurant, BBQ facilities and fishing. The Mediterranean is only one hour's drive away.
Malaga and Granada airports are both an hour's drive away.
Car hire is essential.
Iznajar, a typical rural Spanish village with white-washed houses and steep narrow streets perched on the edge of 'The Lake of Andaluz', is a must to visit and wander around. The villa is ideally situated for easy access to the historic Alhambra palace in Granada, the magnificent Mezquita in Cordoba, the sun-kissed beaches of the Costa del Sol and the colour and flamboyance of Sevilla.
The nearest villages of Fuente del Conde and Villaneuva de Tapia are both about 5 minutes drive. They have supermarkets, fresh bread and local bars and typically Spanish restuarants. Iznajar, provides a full range of services: supermarkets, post office, numerous shops, health centre and banks.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% deposit is required to confirm the booking. Outstanding balances are due 8 weeks prior to commencement of your holiday. A security deposit of £200 is required. This will be refunded (provided no breakages or damage) no later than two weeks after your departure.
We are flexible on our change-over day. Just ask.
Notes on prices:
Please note that all the above prices are for 4 people only. Each additional person will be charged an extra 65 GBP per week or any part of.
Prices are for the property per week in Sterling, however we do accept euros at the current exchange rate.
Payment by bank transfer only. A 25% deposit is required at time of booking, with the balance to be paid 8 week prior to holiday commencement date.
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 1 bathroom with bath/shower over, wash-hand basin and wc on the ground floor and 1 bathroom with large tiled shower, wash-hand basin and wc on the first floor. All towels are provided.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 8 people (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 double bedroom and 1 twin-bedded room on the ground floor. 1 double bedroom with king-size bed and 1 twin-bedded room on the first floor. The bedrooms are very spacious, with bedside cabinets, wardrobes and drawer space. All overlook the pool terrace.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Private pool: 8m x 4m by 1.4 metres deep all over, so excellent for a swim or just to play about in. Plenty of pool side terracing with loungers and seating. Terraces: a large covered area to the side of the house, is just right for alfresco dining and to get out of the sun. A gas BBQ, drinks fridge and table tennis are also located here. The bamboo and vine covered roof terrace at the rear of the house has wonderful views down the valley and is an ideal spot for breakfast and quiet reading. All the terraces are lit so what better way is there to end the day than to sip sangria and listen to the cicadas under a clear, starry sky on a warm and balmy Andalucian evening. There is parking located at both the front and rear of the villa for 3 cars. Utility Room: Utility room with dishwasher, washing machine, ironing board and iron, situated next to the kitchen. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen, bathroom and pool towels are provided and changed weekly. However, we would appreciate if you would bring your own towels for beach use. The house is cleaned throughout at every changeover. Other: On the ground floor, in the centre of the house, is the dining room where the age of the house is identified by the exposed Moorish pottery and stone wall and impressive ancient ceiling beams.