House in Vincelottes, Nr Auxerre, Burgundy, France - 20 Mins from Chablis
A very well appointed village house on the banks of the Yonne in a charming village with a Restaurant. Shopping is on the other side of the river in Vincelles which has bakeries and a good supermarket with a card machine and petrol.. Local attractions include vineyards where you can go wine tasting Fishing is possible on the river opposite the house (licences can be purchased at the local camp-site) Swimming is possible further along the river in the village, and boating. , Cycle tracks are found along the canal just over the bridge and there is an art gallery in Irancy (2 kils), and markets in the surrounding villages. Golf at Tanlay or Roncenay. Boat trips on the canal de Nivernais from Vincelles.
The property has 5 bedrooms (3 double and 1 twin plus 1 with bunk beds more suitable for children) 2 en suite shower rooms and 1 family bathroom
You enter the large kitchen/diner from the front terrace and lead through to the living room with a wood burning stove and access to the rear courtyard.
Disabled access is via here(a steep slope) and the downstairs bedroom and en suite shower room on this floor are suitable for wheelchair users
The house was totally renovated in 1998 and is very comfortable and well appointed
There is full central heating and washing machine and drier in the garage below, leading onto the "cave" with table tennis(not very smart) and bicycles which are for hire. There is also a small boat for use on the river, (by negotiation).
Top Traveller Review
Moi j'habite Angleterre donc je ne suis la pour faire un reponse en detail
About the Owner
About cherry heaton
Details to follow.
cherry heaton purchased this house in 1998
Why cherry heaton chose Yonne
The property is located in a very attractive area of France and easily accessible by car from the UK. Driving time is between 4 and 5 hours from Calais. My late husband and I shared an interest in wines and we are surronded by vineyards with lots of interesting cellars to visit. It is an area little known by the Brits.
What makes this house unique
We completely renovated the property and it is well appointed and very comfortable. This is an interesting area and you can fish in the river on the other side of the road whilst your companions watch on the terrace (with a glass of local wine(?). There are local markets close by on certain days of the week.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Guestbook comments from the manager
(1 traveller reviews)
une maison bien agencé même en famille très spacieux......!!
From the Owner
“The property is located in a very attractive area of France and easily accessible by car from the UK. Driving time is between 4 and 5 hours from Calais. My late husband and I shared an interest in wines and we are surronded by vineyards with lots of interesting cellars to visit. It is an area little known by the Brits.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The river Yonne is famous as the river that once held the French record for Carp.These can still be found, but less abundant.Clients have reported catches of:Chub, Barbel,Bream, Roach and Perch, all of decent size,using conventional float and feeder tactics. There are also Pike and Zander in the river. More details are in the house., including details on the carte de peche. The area is famous for it's wines: Chablis,Irancy, and vins de Bourgogne, to name a few. Suggestions and brochures are in the house.
There is swimming and boating on the river opposite the house, with canal trips at 1 kilometer Vermenton at approx. 10 kms has good facilities at the camp-site on the river.
Approximately 4 1/2 hours by motorway from Calais via the francilien and A5. Slightly longer via Reims. 2 1/2 hours from Charles de Gaulle. Eurostar from England and TGV from Paris to Auxerre.
Vincelles (nearest shopping) 1km.
Avallon, Vezelay 40km.
Beaune 1and 1/2 hrs
Supermarket with cash machine and petrol, chemist, bakery. tabac, epicerie, cafe, tennis courts etc all in Vincelles (1km). Banks etc in Auxerre (12km).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Bookings confirmed on receipt of completed booking forms.
25% deposit required. Balance payable 8 weeks before departure. Telephone calls charged at cost.
Saturday changeover. Please do not arrive before 4.00pm, and leave by 10.00am. In certain instances we can consider a mid-week let.
Notes on prices:
Please note: The house is more expensive during certain holiday periods. Dates at times can be flexible - contact the owner. Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Discounts are negotiable for parties of 2 to 4 people.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We completely renovated the property and it is well appointed and very comfortable. This is an interesting area and you can fish in the river on the other side of the road whilst your companions watch on the terrace (with a glass of local wine(?). There are local markets close by on certain days of the week.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- winery tours
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En suite bathroom to Bedroom 1 with wheel in shower and wc. En suite bathroom to Bedroom 2 has shower, bidet and wc. Further bathroom has bath, separate shower and wc.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, Bunk beds
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms inc. one bunk bed) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms 1, 2 and 5 with double beds. Bedroom 4 has twin beds and Bedroom 3 has bunk beds.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- 4 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is extremely comfortable and well equipped,with good bathrooms including showers. The front terrace with railings is safe for children. It has recently been awarded 4 stars by the tourist organisation Etoiles de France Outside: There is room for all the occupants to dine on the front terrace. This and the small rear courtyard can both be used for barbecue. Suitable outdoor furniture in utility room. Fishing on the river bank opposite where the boat may be put in the water, with swimming in the river at a man-made beach, with further swimming and children's facilities at about 8km. Utility Room: Utility room/cellar with washing machine, drier. Larder fridge and table-tennis. Dart board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house is cleaned after each occupancy. Towels and linen provided. Other: Ground floor garage, utility room and cellar.