Cottage in Iznajar, Cordoba, Andalucia
Casa de la Vista is a large renovated Spanish finca consisting of a 4 bedroom house with an attached private self contained 2 bedroom cottage. In theory both are available to rent, but never both at the same time. The finca is set at the end of a private road just 1km from the main road but a life time away in terms of peace and tranquility. It is blessed with some of the most breathtaking views of the Lake of Iznajar you will find in the area. Built on the eastern side of a valley, the property has full sun throughout the day but cools down in the evening as the sun goes behind the hill. It also benefits from cool breezes from off the lake. The Cottage has been built and decorated to a very high standard in order to provide our guests with the space and conveniences expected from a quality home. It is an ideal central location from which to explore cities such as Cordoba, Granada, Seville and Malaga or the historic villages and towns of the Subbeticca and The Washington Irvine route.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Born in the UK rather a long time ago. I am still living in the UK but in Spain as much as is possible. I am retired now but before I used to work in the theatre - a career that took me all over the world.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"A very warm welcome and a wonderful stay in this magical spot". E.H Melbourne, Aus
"A hidden and unexpected gem in the mountains with stunning views. Hope we will be back soon!" R. C. Norfolk. UK
4.9 based on 9 holidaymaker reviews
We have just returned from a wonderful week at the cottage to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The holiday was very relaxing, the cottage had everything we needed, the private terrace was delightful and the views from the pool are simply stunning. Tim and Frances are lovely people who truly appreciate their little bit of heaven.
Tim has a property with views to die for. An evening sitting on one of his terraces listening to the local wildlife is a wonderful holiday moment.
You need a car. But then you can access Granada, Cordoba and multiple villages with history and charm.
An entertaining and helpful host, who made us feel welcome and yet provided privacy.
I'd certainly return, everything you need is available.
Perfect place for a relaxing vacation
Casa de la Vista was the perfect place to relax and unwind with stunning views all around the property, we spent 3 wonderful weeks there September 2016 .Tim and Francis were the perfect hosts, they make you feel right at home from the minute you arrive and were so helpful when we were planning trips, we will certainly stay here again when we're visiting this area . Steve & Christine
Lovely property in stunning setting
We had a wonderful holiday staying at Casa de la Vista. It was during the heatwave so much time was spent in the pool which is a good size and overlooks the lake and olive groves. When not in the pool, we loved spending time on the terrace and would never tire of the view from there. The villa had everything we needed, Tim and Francis made us very welcome and gave great suggestions for eating out, as well as a very handy tip for parking in Cordoba! We hope to return and would highly recommend Casa de la Vista to anyone wishing for a relaxing holiday, with plenty to do nearby.
A real gem....
Thank you for a fantastic holiday. The casita is comfortable and clean. The pool and the gardens are lovely and the tennis court an unexpected bonus. However, the location is absolutely stunning. Beautiful views over the lake which change throughout the day. Iznajar is a lovely town with a lakeside beach and great tapas! Cordoba is an easy drive and well worth a visit. Rute is a decent size town with a well stocked supermarket. Our hosts were terrific. Lovely people who couldn't do enough for us and greatly enhanced our holiday experience with their thoughtfulness and helpful suggestions. We hope to return.
THE PICTURES AND DESCRIPTION OF THIS PROPERTY DO NOT GIVE IT FULL JUSTICE IT EXCELS IN EVERY WAY EXCEPT THERE IS NOT TV EXCEPT NEWS AND THE WI-FI ISN'T RELIABLE BUT THE GOOD BITS MAKE UP FOR THESE AND SOME OF THE GOOD BITS ARE, SILENCE THAT IS DEAFENING, THE VIEWS OVER THE LAKE, THE POOL WHICH WAS 82 DEGREES ALSO TO MENTION THE HOSTS WHO ARE BRILLIANT, TIM HAS A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF ALL THE LOCAL SIGHTS WITH GOOD ADVICE ON THINGS LIKE PARKING AND EATING AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK AS NOTHING SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM, THANKS FOR YOUR PART IN OUR GREAT HOLIDAY TIM
From the Owner
“The area round the lake at Iznajar stands out as one of the most beautiful of inland Andalucia. The dramatic backdrop of the mountains, the sparkling water of the lake, the ever-changing light as the sun moves across the landscape are things of which I could never tire. The peace and quiet up here are remarkable, one feels miles from the hectic pace of the coast but at the same time it is close enough to the airports of Malaga and Granada, the shops of Antequera and sits snugly almost in the centre of all the tourist sites of Andalucia.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Walking, biking, fishing, painting.
45 minutes from the coast and 5 minutes from the lakeside beach and bar.
50 minutes from Malaga airport, slightly less from the smaller airport of Granada.
Malaga 50 mins - large commercial city with historical centre.
Granada 50 mins - One of the most beautiful cities in Spain, a tour of the Alhambra is a must.
Cordoba 90 mins - a wonderful historical centrel worth visiting for the mezquita alone.
Sevilla (120 minutes) the largest cathedral in Europe.
Antequera, (30 minutes) a charming Baroque town with mush to visit including the Museum and the prehistoric Dolmens.
Priego de Cordoba (40 minutes) another remarkable Baroque town
Nestled in the hills of Andalucian countryside lies the sleepy town of Iznajar on its rock in the middle of the lake. Iznajar could not be better placed on the point where the Provinces of Malaga, Granada and Cordoba meet. Just 50 minutes from the bustling coast of the Costa del Sol and within an hour of Malaga airport, Iznajar is attracting an ever increasing number of people looking for a tranquil and stress free way of life and with excellent motorway links all within easy reach of the bright city lights.
The area is surrounded by an abundance of interesting and historical villages and towns and Iznajar itself sports one of the oldest Moorish castles in the region as well as an ancient church and historic library. To eat out in the area you are spoiled for choice as Iznajar and the surrounding area has a wealth of traditional tapas bars and restaurants. Whether you would like to dine at the world famous La Bobidilla Hotel (favourite stay for the likes of King Juan Carlos, Tom Cruise and honeymoon hotel for Brad Pitt and wife) or you would like to mix with some of the locals in a local bar the choice is endless.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2017 - 31 May 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Early High Season
1 Jul 2017 - 16 Jul 2017
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
High Season 2017
17 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Early Autumn 2017
1 Sep 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
Late Autumn 2017
1 Oct 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
My prices are quoted in pounds. With the present fluidity of the Euro/Pound relationship, I am happy to quote prices in Euros if preferred.
Changeover day is normally Saturday, but I am happy to accommodate both other days and also stays of more than one week and less than two.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, I also have a cot for infants as well as a high chair
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with double bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe etc. Juliette balcony with breathtaking view of lake and mountains. 2nd bedroom has twin beds as well as wardrobe, chest of drawers etc. All beds with Eqyptian cotton and goose feather pillows
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- 1 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: Air-conditioning, (but be aware of the vagaries of Spanish electricity in the countryside) amazing lake views, tennis court, large private terrace, wood burning stove, sun loungers, swing chair and full patio set, BBQ, luxury pool, 3 acres of mountainside to explore, brand new and modern conveniences, quiet location where the silence is deafening, minutes from the historic town of Iznajar, minutes from the lake beach with water sports and bar and a warm and friendly greeting. Outside: Outside: The cottage has its own private terrace and access. The terraces along with the grounds are dotted with a range of hardy plants, fruit trees and of course the mandatory olive trees. Natural shaded areas can be found by taking a careful walk around the land or just by sitting on your own terrace. Why not relax on one of the sun beds. Alternatively take a dip in the private swimming pool (10x4m) (owners do not use when we have guests) with underwater lighting, shower and Roman steps at one end for easy access. Guests have free use of the TENNIS COURT. The large terrace area in which the pool is situated is decorated in traditional tiles (non slip) and edged in traditional black ironwork railings. The terrace area, which is 20m x 10m (inclusive of pool) looks out over the lake. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included, the property is cleaned weekly and linen is changed once a week, towels are changed twice a week. Further changes need only be requested. We a have a cot for babies complete with linen and also a high chair. Other: Air conditioning and wood burning stove.