Villa near Salernes and Aups, Provence, France - Peaceful Location in the Heart of Provence
Ideal for families or couples, 'Les Olives' is a spacious, open-plan, single-storey villa boasting beautiful south facing views set within 2500m2 of private, well maintained gardens. Offering total privacy in a rural setting, it has an orchard which is perfect for ball games, badminton or boules. The house has glass doors opening onto terraces on 2 sides with a poolside cooking area. There are several dining areas, one shaded in high summer by a natural canopy of mulberry-plane trees. The pool is a few steps from the house and easily viewed from anywhere in the living room and kitchen. The villa has under-floor heating and a centrally placed open fireplace for rentals during the cooler months. The pool is heated from April to October as required to maintain a temperature between 20-25 centigrade and there is also an outdoor poolside hot water shower.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We live and work in Central London and spend as much time in France as we can. When we are not able to be there we like to make it available for others to enjoy as much as we do!
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Many thanks for our stay at your lovely villa...well equipped and very well thought out...we hope to be able to visit again some day" D. Toh
"I found myself singing 'I'm in Heaven' a la Fred Astaire!" S. Bloome
"Lovely lazy days - beautiful setting and everything you need in the villa. We'll be back!!" Unknown
5 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely setting! Such a perfect base from which to explore the surrounding area. House was well-equipped and comfortable. Wonderful, clean pool. Ariane was very helpful on site. Thank you.
Absolutely stunning villa in a beautiful setting
My stay in this wonderful, Provencal villa was fantastic! The villa is warm and welcoming, with a lovely, homely feel. The whole place was very clean and well maintained, and the bed was really comfortable (I stayed in the en suite room). We spent most of our days exploring the local countryside (a visit to the lake is a must!) and our evenings sat out on the terrace, with a glass of wine from the local cave enjoying the beautiful settings. I would fully recommend staying in this wonderful Villa, and will be back again very soon!
Les Olive was all that we had hoped for and more! Centrally located, it is the perfect home base from which to explore the area. The house was beautifully appointed and the space perfect for our extended family. At night, we loved having a glass of wine beside the heated pool while the kids swam. And during the day, the house was the perfect home base from which to explore Salernes. We loved the heated pool & the sunken living room and frankly never wanted to leave! We hope to visit again next year!
Wonderful villa, perfect location!
The villa not only fulfilled, but surpassed it's online description. Best equipped kitchen I've ever had in a holiday rental. Deceptively spacious, comfortable and clean with the exceptional added bonus of wonderful caretaker, Ariane, who was more than willing to help us with reservations and suggestions of things to do and see. I would highly recommend Les Olives and in fact, I am hoping to return in 2016!
A beautiful villa in a stunning location
We have stayed in the villa several times. It is spacious, light and airy with a lovely heated pool to enjoy. The facilities are excellent and there is someone nearby who maintains the villa and pool who can be called any time should any problems arise.
Salernes is a good centre within easy reach of St Tropez (about an hour) and the beautiful Gorges du Verdon (about half an hour). There are plenty of restaurants in the area and recommendations are provided by the owners prior to arrival.
I would highly recommend this property
Wonderful week at Les Olives
This was our 4th stay at villa Les Olives - great spot for day tripping or just hanging around reading by the pool beautiful views, very well appointed comfortable house. Arrived in perfect time for artichoke and asparagus season this year. Many wonderful lunches on the terrace. Highly recommend!
From the Owner
“We decided to buy a second home in France in 2000 and spent the next 3 years looking for a suitable property . When we saw Les Olives we fell in love - and we saw it for the first time in November in the rain! Under the provencal sun, it was glorious and the views across the hills are spectacular. We love being there all year round and try to spend Christmas and New Year there when we can. The fireplace is wonderful and makes the house cosy - we play lots of board games, read by the fire and cook long leisurely meals.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
PILATES en PROVENCE - weekend or week-long Pilates holidays at Les Olives for up to 8, self catering or inclusive of meals. Add-ons include massage and body treatments, wine tastings and vineyard tours, art or language tuition and day trips to St Tropez, Avignon and others. Contact owner for details or email below.
Nearest beach is St. Tropez or Frejus, both approximately 25 miles. Plage de Pampelonne St. Tropez is one of the most celebrated beaches in Southern France. Fringed with bustling bars, cafes, hotels and clubs, made famous by Bridget Bardot in And God Created Woman. The northern-most tip of the beach, Plage de Tahiti, is still famous for attracting celebrities. There is good swimming and watersports at Lac St. Croix by the Verdon Gorge, and kayaking, rock climbing an fishing at Lac de Carces.
Nice: 125km (1.15 hours by car on A8).
Marseille: 90km (1.15 hours by car).
Toulon-Heyres: 80km (1.10 hours by car).
Ferries from Cannes, Toulon and Marseille to pretty island of Porquerolles, Corsica and other Mediterranean destinations.
Channel crossings from UK to Dieppe, Calais or Boulogne.
Salernes (centre ville): 2km.
St. Tropez: 55km.
Lac de Ste. Croix: 20km.
Salernes is a very typical working French village with a twice-weekly morning market and several good restaurants, a boulangerie, patisserie, bank, and shopping. Nearby Draguignan, one of the larger Provencal towns, has all the amenities one could hope for including medical and dental facilities. Neighboring villages include Aups, Villecroze, Entrecasteaux (with its "fairy tale chateau" open to the public in the afternoons) and Lorgue, with numerous restaurants each with it's own speciality at very good prices. The village of Cotignac has a beautiful centre with pretty old shop-fronts. Fayence hosts popular antique fairs and the spectacular nearby Lac de Sainte Croix is a popular spot for boating and watersports. The Sunday Telegraph called it "one of the regions megastar attractions [with] primal forests and jade-coloured pools making it one of Europe's most stunning walks." Further along is Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, a medieval pilgrimage village long known as the Soul of Provence. One of the most breathtaking views in Provence can be enjoyed over lunch in the square in Tourtour the "village in the sky", minutes away. The Var region is truly one of the most unspoilt in all of Provence.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
|Optional Linen Hire||£12|
30% deposit required to secure booking. Remaining balance of 70% due 6 weeks before tenancy commences along with fully refundable damage deposit of £500, which will be returned after departure provided there has been no damage to property.
A maximum of 2 pets may be allowed with permission depending on size, type and behaviour for an additional £75 per pet. We may require photographs of your pets before agreeing to host them.
Saturday to Saturday.
Check-in: between 4:00 - 5:00pm
Different changeover days may be possible in low season.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa is very private, quiet and nestled in the hills outside of Salernes, which is less than 2 kilometres from the property. The house itself is easy to share and very child-friendly with few ornaments within reach of little fingers and the pool is within steps of the house and easy to monitor from the main living area of the house. Kids have plenty of space to play on the grounds and the traditional 'terraces' that delineate property boundaries act as invisible 'fences.' For adults, there is plenty of space to spread out or gather for drinks and meals with both covered areas and areas in the sun.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Ensuite shower room - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, This shower room is ensuite to master bedroom
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower, WC. Bathroom with bath/shower, double basin, WC. Separate WC. Hot water outdoor shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, Can be arranged as a large double or 2 singles
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Child Bed, Large double bed can also be configured into 2 single bedds
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Sofa bed/Futon, This room is used for storage unless requested at extra cost
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with 1 king (or twin) beds, en-suite shower and French doors to orchard. Bedroom 2 with twin beds, doors to terrace. Bedroom 3 with twin beds and roll-away pop up single bed. Bedroom 4 with 1 super king (or twin) beds plus 3rd single bed.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Electricity will be charged separately between 1 November and 2 April. Suitable for couples or families sharing; very suitable for children! For parties requiring additional accommodation there is a further 5th bedroom with ensuite shower and toilet in the villa which is usually kept closed during rentals but which can be opened up and rented for an extra cost. Les Olives is strictly a non-smoking villa. You may smoke outside being very careful to extinguish all smoking materials and disposing of safely. Outside: Private heated pool 9 x 4m with sun terraces and shaded lounging area on the doorstep and a hot water enclosed outdoor shower. There is an al fresco dining terrace shaded by mulberry trees and a barbecue area with prep sink and running water for outdoor cooking. The orchard has a yoga platform and space for ball games and sheltered parking for 3 cars. There is a Ping Pong table in the garage, a hammock, boules and a badminton set and lots of open countryside for leisurely strolls. Utility Room: Storage utility room with washer and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Villa is cleaned before arrival. Guests are required to leave 150€ cash, payable before departure to cover cleaning.Towels, bedlinen and pool towels not included but can be provided for 15€ pp. Extra cleaning or cooking by arrangement at additional cost. Other: 'Les Olives' is light and airy and perfect for summer living but is equally cosy in winter with wood burning open fireplace and underfloor heating. The living area is open-plan but architecturally 'divided' into different areas.