Villa in Quelfes, Nr. Olhao, Eastern Algarve - Peaceful Location, 5 Minutes to Olhao with Wonderful Restaurants ,10 Minutes Drive to Beach
Casa Roseira is set outside the village of Quelfes, near Olhao, 15 mins from Faro, nestling in the beautiful Algarvian countryside, with lovely views all round. Our villa is a large, fully air conditioned, 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom dwelling with a garage, in its own private, mature and well maintained garden, backed by a vineyard. It has a large lounge with a wood burning stove and gas central heating, plus air-con for heating in the winter. The fully fitted kitchen has a microwave, oven, hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, coffee maker, juicer and washing machine, a mahogany table that seats 8. It sleeps 7 with 2 double rooms, and a triple bedded room,there is also a 32"satellite TV,DVD and CD player. A circular turret staircase leads up to the master bedroom, and fully private sun terrace,the private heated illuminated pool is 8.2m x 3.5m with sunbathing terrace. Built in BBQ. All towels/bed linen are provided. Bring your own beach towels. WiFi internet
About the Owner
We are a couple in our mid fifties with three children. The youngest is in her last years in school but still loves coming to Portugal, even with us! We have owned the villa since 2002 and still get really excited every time we visit, fairly soon we will be able to take breaks out of school holidays so will take every chance we get.
We have tried to really think about peoples needs and feel that we have a home from home to offer, not a sterile villa. There are loads of books, games and DVDs to make your stay more enjoyable in the evenings,
Guestbook comments from the owner
Please check our really good reviews on trip advisor.
'Best villa we have ever stayed at in six years of holidays on the Algarve'
'hi Sue. just a quick email to thank you for letting us rent your gorgeous villa. the photos really don't do it any justice! it was perfect. We really hope to return again at some stage.
I literally ran around screaming and shouting as the villa was so lovely and so much bigger than we had imagined.
A great home away from home with everything you could possibly need supplied.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with Portugal and particularly the unspoilt Eastern Algarve on our first visit 14 years ago. So when we decided to look for a holiday home it was our first choice. and we have never regretted it. The Eastern Algarve is very typical Algarvian with a lot less tourists and more everyday life around us, the area is really lovely with the huge nature reserve of the Ria Formosa on our doorstep. If you like shopping there are very good complexes in Faro (15 mins), Olhao (5 mins)and Tavira (25 mins), Spain is just 40 minutes away with the bridge if you want to drive, or the ferry from Villa Real de San Antonio to Ayamonte which is a really lovely town. The beaches are fantastic and less populated than in the west, there is also a nudist beach at Mantarota, about 30 mins away.”
Activity and Interests
There are numerous beaches 10 to 15 minutes drive from the villa, the nearsest being Fuzeta and Pedras del Rei.
Faro airport is 20 minutes by car. Car hire is recommended, however a taxi to Olhao is very cheap.
Olhao is 3 minutes away, Faro is 15 minutes away, Tavira is 20 minutes away. Ria de Formosa nature reserve with all its lovely beaches is 15 minutes away.
Our Villa is set outside the village of Quelfes, near Olhao in a pleasant and tranquil area , nestling in the beautiful Algarvian countryside. The Villa has a secluded , heated swimming pool in it’s own private, mature and well maintained garden, backed by a vineyard. The sun drenched roof terrace is private and not overlooked, so is an ideal spot for sunbathing, it is accessed by an internal spiral staircase inside the turret .The villa has a large lounge with a wood burning stove and gas central heating for the winter months, and is equipped to a high standard so that you want for nothing.
Casa Roseira is an ideal spot for relaxing with family and friends and enjoying time together, either around the pool or under the shade sail, or enjoying a tasty BBQ.
A welcome pack awaits your arrival with our compliments.
A number of maps and local information leaflets are available, including a very useful restuarant information book with advice and directions.
Faro and a huge hypermarket and complex called Forum Algarve is 15 minutes drive away.Olhão is a busy modern town with a lovely waterfront and marina. Its fishing port is the most important in the Eastern Algarve and its fish market is the biggest. It also has many shops, restaurants and a festival devoted entirely to sea food in August. Olhão is very Portuguese, very Algarvian and very un-touristy. The pedestrian shopping area winds in cobbled streets through the moorish-looking old town to the waterfront with its markets (fruit, veg, meat, deli as well as fish), and its cafe's, parks and sparkling views out over the Ria Formosa lagoons. From the pier, you can take boats to the island villages and beaches of Armona, Culatra and Farol - all great day trips. The official visitor centre for the Ria Formosa nature reserve is just outside Olhão.During the Sea Food festival in August, half of the water front gardens are closed off and turned into a massive gastronomic and entertainment deligh
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A refundable security deposit of 200 £/€ is required. Booking deposit of 30%. Balance due 6 weeks prior to travel.
Saturday in high season. Depart before 11.00am. Arrival not before 4.00pm.
Notes on prices:
The rate shown is for up to 6 people using the two downstairs bedrooms and the bed settee, if you require the third bedroom the cost is an extra £100 per week.
Pool heating if required is £50 per week.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our villa is interesting with lovely teak arched doors and windows and a beautiful turret leading up to a sun drenched roof terrace that is not overlooked. It is extremely easy to find with very simple directions. We have two bikes and helmets for your use and loads of books, DVD's and board games for the evenings. We have tried to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and have provided a home from home with a very comfortable feel, not a sterile apartment.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- 3 bathrooms: Master bathroom with shower over bath, bidet and wc. 2nd bathroom shower, wc.washing machine. 3rd bathroom en-suite with shower, toilet and sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1. King size bed and cot. air-conditioning. Bedroom 2: Double bed . Ceiling fan and air-conditioning. Bedroom 3: three single beds. Ceiling fan and air-conditioning.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Fully air-conditioned plus Gas fired central heating with radiators to all rooms, log burning fire, hardwood provided. Ceiling fans to lounge and all bedrooms. Highchair,cot and cot linen provided Security safe provided . Monitored security alarm. Key safe for house keys. Welcome pack including a bottle of wine and essentials to welcome you to our villa. Outside: Illuminated Pool is 8.2 metres x 3.5 metres and is heated when necessary. Garden tables and chairs to seat 8, sun loungers and sun umbrellas. Various mature fruit trees in mature irrigated garden. Portuguese style brick built BBQ with chimney. Shade sail at rear of villa. Four bikes in garage with 2 helmets, for your use. Utility Room: ironing board, iron, hoover. hair dryer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included, please bring own beach towels. towel and bed linen change once a week. Other: Private, illuminated, heated pool and sun terrace that is not overlooked. Large garage and car parking on drive. 8 sun beds and patio by pool. Shade sail to rear of villa. Brick Built BBQ in Portuguese style. 4 bikes and2 helmets in garage for your use.