Apartments in Tropea, Calabria, Southern Italy - Fantastic location: town Centre with stunning sea view, 10 minutes walk to the beach
These historic apartments are part of an ancient convent that has a long and fascinating history. Restored at the end of the 1980's and converted into 7 separate homes, these two apartments have been restored with rustic simplicity by two famous Italian architects. Tropea is located on an imposing sandstone crag in a magnificent position between Sant'Eufemia and Gioia Tauro. It is one of the most picturesque and artistically interesting centres in Calabria, commanding magnificent views of the sea, beaches and coves. Condé-Nast Traveller Recommended.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Lamezia Terme Airport - 40 km to the north.
Reggio Calabria - 115 km south of Tropea.
Car hire: To enjoy medieval Tropea, its life and its beaches, a car is not necessary, although it is recommended to explore nice surrounding areas like Capo Vaticano.
Reggio Calabria - 115 km
Rome - 630 km
Naples - 430 km
Everything you need in town is within five minutes walk and the train station is within 15 minutes walk.
By car, the magnificent coast, the ancient cities of the Greeks, mountains and even Sicily are all within day trip range.
The car ferry at Villa San Giovanni to Messina, Sicily is reached in 90 minutes and from there Taormina is just 45 minutes away.
Tropea has very ancient origins indeed, its area has conspicuous traces of prehistoric settlements and evidence of Greek and Roman presence.
Nowadays Tropea is an exclusive seaside resort that also boasts a modern tourist and fishing harbour. The town also has one of the prettiest and best-preserved historic centres in the region.
The town, considered the real capital of the Capo Vaticano area, offers the eleventh-century Norman cathedral, the churches of St. Francis of Assisi and Santa Maria della Neve, as well as the highly fascinating church of Santa Maria dell´Isola, that stands at the foot of the town, on a small finger of land projecting into the sea.
From the viewpoint of the terrace where the oldest part of the town lies, the clear and extraordinarily blue sea breaking on splendid cliffs trimmed with white beaches and indented with coves, can be admired: all around are fertile undulating hills covered with extensive citrus fruit and olive plantations and vineyards.
Tropea is also an active farming centre, famous for the excellent quality of its food produce. Finally, the town´s craft production and cookery are also noteworthy, the latter is, above all, distinguished for its seafood tradition.
- Changeover Day:
Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Notes on prices:
The prices displayed are provisional, please contact us for more detailed quotes.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- city centre
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Sole: Bathroom with shower, wc and bidet. Luna: Two bathrooms with shower and one fantastic mosaic bathtub
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/6 (two apartments) Notes on bedrooms: Sole: An open space apartment with one king size bed and one queen size sofa bed. Luna: Offers 2 bedrooms with king size beds and one queen size sofa bed
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: 'Sole' is an open space, 'Luna' is divided on two levels. Outside: There is a patio shared by the two apartments. Sole has two terraces in front of the sea and the magnificent Church of Santa Maria dell'Isola. Luna has a balcony on a dramatic seascape. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Weekly cleaning and linen change.