Villa between Denia and Javea, near La Xara village, Costa Blanca - Set in Orange Groves with Private Pool but within Easy Drive of Beaches, Sports, Village and Town.
"Peregrinos" is a private villa with separate studio apartment (not let separately) in orange groves with panoramic views to the mountains in the distance. It has the advantage of being in the countryside but is only 8 minutes drive to the nearest beach in Denia and 2/3 minutes drive to the village of La Xara with its many shops, bars and restaurants. In addition to the sitting/dining room and TV room inside there is a spacious outside terrace with teak dining table, chairs, a wicker sofa and armchairs. There is direct access from the kitchen for shady daytime meals and summer barbecues in the landscaped front garden. The kitchen has recently been completely renovated. The studio apartment overlooks the pool area which is set in a walled garden, making it easy to close off from the drive and house area for child safety and privacy. The pool is 4 metres x 8 metres in a sunny courtyard with a timber framed pergola and a huge grapefruit tree giving shade. Another teak dining table, chairs and a moveable gas barbecue offer easy poolside dining. A table tennis table with bats and balls is available by the pool and tennis rackets for use at the local La Sella resort tennis courts are provided - stored in the front porch. To book lessons please call Wendy who speaks excellent English on (0034) 966456351.
Top Traveller Review
A fantastic property in a beautiful location
About the Owner
We are a retired couple who live in the UK. Although we rent Peregrinos out during the summer months we spend time there ourselves at other times of the year.
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
A fantastic property in a beautiful location
This property is amazing..... So much room, spotlessly clean and everything you need for a relaxing holiday.. Very comfortable with plenty of seating areas inside and out. The gardens are spectacular with plenty of room at the front side and back for the children to play and totally enclosed with electric gates and walls..... Fantastic sun trap! ☀️ Would highly recommend......
A wonderful family Villa
The villa far exceeded our expectations. We loved the fact that this was so obviously someone’s “ home “ - shelves stacked high with an abundance of books, a kitchen with every conceivable utensil and the villa generally packed with absolutely everything we could ever have needed . We did just about manage to drag ourselves away from the pool most days, but only after at least one table tennis match , to explore the surrounding area which is very Spanish - we didn’t hear another English voice all week ! The local beach is lovely and Denia which is only a stones throw away has some wonderful restaurants and shops ( when you’re not BBQing at the villa ) . We have already raved about it to friends and family and will definitely be back – a week wasn’t long enough !
Already planning our return (again!!)
Firstly if I had the money (which sadly I don't) I'd love to buy this villa - so you'll probably get the drift of what my review is going to be like.
Good location - certainly not of the beaten track however secluded enough that you can get away from it all if you so wish. To cap it off the villa is only a short hop, skip and a jump away from the train station and therefore you've got easy access to the main towns (such as Denia) if you want to move away from the villa.
Great pool and surroundings - plenty of space for sun bathing and more than adequate shelter should you wish to tear yourself away from the pool and sun.
Good news for families is that there always seems to be plenty of water beds, pool toys and sun loungers at the villa in addition to the table tennis table and cupboard full of games to keep the kids entertained. Also don't pack any books as the villa has a small library.
The villa isn't overlooked and therefore you have great sense of privacy - also given that it's gated you feel safe leaving the kids to play in a safe environment (the pool area is gated off so adding to the feel safe factor).
Whilst there's a dining table inside of the villa I'd be very surprised if you even use it as the outdoor dining area (ideally place next to the kitchen and near the portable BBQ) is our chosen area for dining (or sneaking a glass or two of wine).
So in conclusion - I do love this villa. We've already stayed there 3 times and each time i regret leaving the place.
After 2 weeks we were sad to leave this lovely home, we had all settled in so well, we felt we could have easily stayed the entire summer holidays! Peregrinos was the ideal holiday home - so spacious with so many different areas to sunbathe, to read, relax and soak up the atmosphere and then a lovely pool to cool down in. The space was perfect for the different generations in our party and the location great for exploring the local area. We look forward to returning!
From the Owner
“We bought Peregrinos back in 1985 as a shared family holiday home when our children were younger and our parents joined us on holiday. It was a basic property but the layout, the position and the views sold it to us and we have worked to improve the house and garden over the years. What really appealed to us, after a day on the beach or in town, Peregrinos offered an oasis of privacy and calm. With electric gates, a walled pool area and sunny and shady terraces, the whole family can spread out and relax in their own space.”
Activity and Interests
The closest sandy beach is just 8 minutes drive and has restaurants, bars and water sports. Within 15 minute drive there is a choice of Denia's sandy town beach, Nova Denia's pebbly coast or the rocky bay of Las Rotas with an array of bars and fish restaurants.
Javea's Arenal beach, ideal for young children is 20 minutes by car and is surrounded by cafes and restaurants. There is a children's climbing frame on the beach and a choice of motorboat or pedalo rentals.
It is approximately 1 hour's drive to both Alicante and Valencia airports.
Denia's ferry port has daily connections with Ibiza, Majorca and Minorca. A car is recommended for shopping, sightseeing and trips to the beach however the local village is a 15-20 minute walk away and has a number of shops, restaurants and bars. Denia can also be reached in 10 minutes by an hourly single track, 2 carriage train which stops at the end of the road. The same train also takes the scenic route to Alicante.
The house is within 3 minutes drive of La Xara village with its bars, restaurants, supermarkets and chemist. A small bakery and patisserie bake daily fresh bread and delicious cakes and pastries. The house is 10 minutes drive to Denia and 15 minutes to Javea. Both towns have fishing ports and marinas, beach areas with water sports and extensive shopping facilities as well as a host of cafes, bars and restaurants. Nearby mountain villages, half an hour by car offer chances to explore real Spain.
La Xara village offers a good selection of local fare at its bars and restaurants and an enterprising family have opened a business producing quality take-away meals to enjoy in the comfort of your own villa. There is a family run Spanish owned restaurant within 10 minutes walk of the house and a number of reasonably priced restaurants with English speaking staff, on the road to Javea.
However, if you prefer more choice the local town of Denia was recently featured in the Conde Nast Traveller magasine,described as "the capital of the Marina Alta, an area which has become a "gourmet coast" with the best places to eat in the Valencia area."
Peregrinos is within a few minutes drive of Denia and the house itself looks south over a valley to Resort La Sella which has a number of clay and all weather tennis courts. The resident coaches are renowned for their skills and experience with world class players but are equally comfortable with beginners and children. The resort also has a horse riding centre, a boule court, a small supermarket and pharmacy and a small cafe/bar and restaurants. All these facilities are open to visitors.
There is a Marriott hotel within 5 minutes drive with a golf course, health spa and beauty treatments. This five star hotel has stunning reception rooms, a luxurious pool and restaurants with Spanish and international cuisine.
A new cycle track has been opened nearby which runs from Denia along the old railway line to Els Poblets. Bikes can be rented at the Els Poblets end of the track. A cycle track also now runs from the outskirts of La Xara into Denia town.
Walking is a popular pastime in the mountains visible from the house. Denia tourist information centre has brochures about walks around the historic part of Denia and in the mountains.
The tourist information centre, located near the train station in Denia, and the weekly newspaper Costa Blanca News, give information about local fiestas and events.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Twenty percent of the rental is payable on booking with the remainder due one month prior to the holiday start date.
Normally Saturday is the changeover day but there could be flexibility if requested at the beginning or end of the season. Check-in time is from 2.00pm and the villa should be vacated by 10.00am but late check out could be accommodated on request.
A 20% deposit is payable on booking the villa with the balance due 1 month before the start date of the holiday
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Although Peregrinos is in a country setting it is close enough to the local village of La Xara and the bustling town of Denia to feel part of a Spanish community but with all the advantages of holiday facilities. Beaches, marinas, sports clubs and numerous bars and restaurants are all within an easy drive of the house.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- near the sea
- botanical garden
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain climbing
- water skiing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- One luxury fully tiled bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, basin and wc. Two further modern shower rooms with walk-in showers, basins and wc. All bedrooms have their own en suite facilities and hairdryers are provided. Separate downstairs wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 twin bedroom (upstairs) plus separate dressing room with wardrobes and balcony plus shower room, wc. 1 master bedroom (downstairs) with kingsize bed and luxury bathroom. 1 twin bedded studio apartment with balcony, kitchen area and ensuite shower, wc.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is off the road set behind double electric gates. The private pool area can be closed off by gates from the house. The 3 bedroom suites all have ensuite facilities.The upstairs house bedroom has shuttered windows on three sides, with mosquito screens, and panoramic views from a small balcony looking west off the large dressing room. There is the same sunset view from the full length terrace off the studio apartment in the pool area. The studio apartment is completely self contained with a small kitchenette and shower room and has direct access to the pool. Here too the main windows are fitted with shutters and screens. The super-king size downstairs bedroom has two large windows to catch the breeze, these are also fitted with shutter and screens. This master bedroom is closed off from the rest of the house by a door at the end of a small corridor down which a laundry room and separate wc can be found along with the main bathroom. Fans are provided in each bedroom. Outside: The house is off the road and is approached through double electric gates up a drive with plenty of outside and covered parking space, . The front garden is terracotta flagged, south facing with palms, mature olive trees and rockeries, and garden tables and chairs. Overlooking the front garden there is a shady terrace with a hatch to the kitchen and a door into the house and there are also large sunny terraces to the south and west. The pool can be accessed through a gate from the drive or via another gate at the other side of the house. The pool is set in a walled garden with terracotta tiled patios and a timber covered terrace with teak loungers, chairs and dining furniture. A table-tennis table is provided for use by the pool. The studio has a balcony with trailing geraniums running its full length and overlooks the garden and pool with views of the sunset over the mountains. The balcony has a garden table and chairs and enough room for sunbeds. The pool is 8 metres x 4 metres. Utility Room: Laundry room (fully fitted) with washer, tumble dryer and double sink, steam iron and board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels and bed linen are professionally laundered and changed once a week. The towels for use on the beach or poolside sunbeds should be washed by guests for the next visitors. The pool is regularly maintained and the house is cleaned once a week. Other: There is a porch at the front door and a storage cupboard by the pool. The studio flat is detached from the house with high ceilings, twin beds, kitchen area with sink, kettle, microwave and fridge and a shower room with walk-in shower, basin and wc.