Apartment in Balaia Golf Village, Nr. Albufeira, Algarve - Golf, 6 Pools plus Indoor Pool, Gym, Jacuzzi, Turkish Bath
Balaia Golf Village is a self-contained sports and holiday complex, just 5km from Albufeira, ideal for couples or families. It comprises luxury traditional style villas and low-rise apartments set in beautiful gardens, laid out around 6 uniquely shaped swimming pools, 4 all-weather tennis courts, and a 9 hole golf course with a driving range and club house. A fully equipped health club with gym, heated indoor pool, jacuzzi and Turkish bath are also available on site. The 2 bedroom, air-conditioned apartment, which is equipped for 6 people, is situated in a quiet location on the 1st floor of a low-rise block.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The whole Algarve coastline is one long sandy beach with numerous bays and coves. Maria Luisa and Santa Eulalia beaches are both within a ten minute walk from the complex and offer sunbeds, water sports and restaurants.
Faro airport, 30 minutes drive.
Car hire is recommended but not essential. If required, airport transfers can be arranged at the time of booking.
Balaia Golf Village is situated between Albufeira and Olhos d'Água, an unspoilt traditional fishing village where the fishermen still tend their nets on the sandy beach. There are a variety of good restaurants within walking distance. Balaia's own restaurant, 'A Varanda', also comes highly recommended. For lunches and snacks, each of Balaia´s pools is served by its own café/bar and good food is also available in the Balaia Golf Clubhouse.A supermarket, newsagent, hairdresser and beauty salon are available on site. More supermarkets, banks, and good restaurants can be found in Olhos d´Agua, a 15 minute walk or 5 minutes by car. The Balaia Golf Course is short but sweet, with 9 challenging par 3 holes, laid out between pine trees and cork oaks. For the more adventurous, some of Portugal´s finest championship courses are within a 35 minute drive at Vilamoura, Vale de Lobo, or Quinta de Lago. Balaia´s 24 hour reception will book tee-off times at discounted prices, as well as booking car hire, airport transfers, tickets for the many local attractions, and even babysitters. For family outings, there are 2 water parks within an easy drive - 'Aqualand' and 'Slide and Splash', and 'Zoomarine', with a full programme of marine-life shows, offers a fun day out. The recently opened 'Algarve Shopping' not only offers a fine selection of shops but also houses a multi-screen cinema, bowling alley and a food court.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Special rates can be offered for long winter lets.
20% deposit at time of booking with balance payable 4 weeks before arrival.
Changeover day is flexible. Normally check-in is after 3pm and check-out before 11am, but let us know if this does not suit your timetable and we will try to be flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with twin basins, bath, shower and bidet. The main bathroom has bath, shower and bidet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 double bedroom with fitted wardrobes, double bed, both air-conditioning and ceiling fan, and with a private balcony. A hairdryer is provided. The second double bedroom has twin beds, fitted wardrobes and an electric fan.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: We have recently fitted air-conditioning in the apartment and this is provided at no extra cost. The AC can be used in heat mode in the winter months and there are also wall mounted panel heaters in the lounge and bedrooms. Additional beds, cots and highchairs can be booked from reception for a small charge. For your entertainment there is a selection of novels and board games and there is usually an assortment of buckets, spades, water wings and table tennis bats available in the apartment. TV channels include Sky Sports 1 & 2, Sky Movies, ITV, BBC, and CBBC, as well as many others, There is also a DVD player with a selection of DVD's. A safety deposit box is available in the wardrobe of the master bedroom, the key of which is available from reception for a small charge, which should be paid directly to Balaia Golf Village. Sorry, but the complex does not allow visitors to keep pets. Outside: Our apartment (no.455) is in a central location close to Balaia's famous whale-shaped pool. There are 6 pools dotted around the complex, where sun lounges are provided free of charge. Many of the pools have cafes serving snacks, drinks and with table tennis and table football facilities. In the cooler months, the outdoor pool near reception is heated. There is an area for playing boule, a small children’s play area, and in the summer months there is a kids club. An indoor heated pool is available in the Balaia Health Club, along with fully fitted gym, Turkish bath and Jacuzzi. The whole complex is immaculately maintained by the Balaia staff who pride themselves on the beautiful gardens with footpaths between pine trees and cork oaks, connecting the various facilities. For the more sporty, there are 4 tennis courts and excellent golf facilities. The Clubhouse with large terrace looks out over the short but challenging nine hole course, which boasts an excellent driving range. Utility Room: Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedding and towels are provided. Please bring your own towels for beach and pool use.