13th Century Masia House, 35 Kms Barcelona, Spain - 35km From Barcelona, 50km From Girona (Costa Brava)
13th Century Masia House located in a charming Catalan village, surrounded by the impressive Red Cliffs of Riells del Fai, and only 35km from Barcelona. Ideal for discovering Barcelona, the Mediterranean coast and the Catalan countryside all year round. Since the 13th Century this Masia has belonged to the Viaplana family, country gentlemen farmers who lived on olive tree growing and cattle breeding. Facing the magnificent landscape of the Red Cliffs, it is surrounded with olive tree fields and overlooked by the bell tower of the old village of Riells del Fai. It can accommodate up to 10/12 people in full comfort.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Barcelona is a city that never sleeps. It is the capital city of Catalonia, an unfogettable town full of art and beauty, and it is a very important cultural centre and a first-class tourist destination with many World Heritage Sites.
From the masterpieces of Gaudí and other architects to the medieval city of “Gothic Quarter”, the town also offers the Picasso Museum and as well as many other interesting museums. It is known worldwide for its football team, the Football Club Barcelona, popularly known as “the Barça”. You can also walk along the unique Ramblas, in the centre of town, and enjoy the street music bands or the live statues. There is also an array of music on offer at the Palau de la Musica or The Liceo.
Jump onto the “blue tram” which climbs to the Tibidabo and you will get a complete view of the whole city. Enjoy the finest shops on Paseo de Gracia or relax in Port Olimpic on the clean beautiful beaches. Enjoy the sunset as you drink your favourite refr
30 minutes drive to the Mediterranean coast.
40 mins from Barcelona airport and Girona airport.
The house is only 35km from Barcelona city with easy access by car (Motorway A7 or N152. All major car rental companies are available from Barcelona airport. Mas Viaplana can organise transfers and excursions up to 4 persons. A country coach line also links Barcelona to the village of Riells del Fai 8 times a day.
The Barcelona Formula 1 Grand Prix Circuit is only 15 minutes away.
Walk on the ancient tracks of the monks to the Old Monastery of San Miguel Del Fai (2 hours along the Tenes River). In Barcelona discover Gaudi's architectural masterpieces, Picasso and many other museums, the Gothic district, the Ramblas, the Paseo de Gracia, Olympic port and beaches. The Mediterranean coast, Costa Brava, Greek and Roman ruins of Ampurias. Visit Figueras and the crazy museum of the genius painter Salvador Dali. Andorra, a tiny independant state between the Spanish and French border in the Pyranean mountains where all goods are tax free. For a longer 3 hour trip the National Park of Aigües Tortes is extremely beautiful. Or just relax and try the excellent restaurants of the village.
The National day of Catalonia is 11 September and Celebration days in the village are 22 January and 7 August.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Flexible. Arrival between 5.00pm to 10.00pm and departure by 10.00am (other times on request).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- 2 bathrooms and wc's, on first floor. Shower with bathroom, on the ground floor.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10/12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 master bedroom with terrace. A cot is also available. 1 double room. 2 twin rooms with magnificent views of the Red Cliffs and countryside. 1 double bedroom with shower room on the ground floor.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Pets are accepted. Outside: Enclosed beautiful patio courtyard ideal for outdoor meals with barbecue. A huge garden with enclosure, with private swimming pool (5m x 10m) and walled sun terrace with rest chairs, icebox and coffee-express. There is an indoor garage to park your car. There is also a further living room and kitchen with barbecue outside, near the patio and pool. Pool heating available in winter for an additional charge. Utility Room: Room connects to the kitchen, with washing machine and dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Prices include linen, towels and cleaning once weekly on a Saturday. Other: An impressive stone walled entrance hall. A study room, satellite TV and video, CD, cassette and radio.