4 Double bedrooms - ensuite, sleeps 10
A beautiful family home,well furnished and equipped in a wonderful, peaceful location on a private gated estate. More than 700m altitude, but only 1.5km from a tarmac road; once through the gates, you are in another world. In total there are five privately owned houses in nearly 300 acres and each with breathtaking views across the Umbrian Hills towards the Appenines, Scopetaccio is now the only one available for rental.. All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms. Separate media area. Fully kitted out professional kitchen and covered portico for alfresco dining - cooks possible. Scopetaccio has an over-sized private pool and there is an exquisite Astroturf tennis court. Plentiful markets in nearby towns to replenish the larders with the most delicious local produce, which can also be enjoyed at endless trattorias nearby.
Details for holiday villa Calachiesa, 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, 5 Bathrooms
Old stone and chestnut beams give a year round welcoming warmth [aided by underfloor heating in winter]. Large sitting room with open fireplace linked through arches to separate dining room. Both have doors to outside portico and terraces. Professional kitchen fully equipped to chef's standards. Dedicated laundry. Media area and library. Four double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms in main house and another double+plus in adjacent self contained Granaio cottage. The Granaio has its own sitting room, kitchen and bathroom. The whole place is furnished and equipped to please discerning guests. Outside are mature gardens, terraces, seating areas and barbecue. Stone steps lead down to the 12m x 6m pool with easy access to the shallow end and diving depth at the other. The water is mineral water to reduce the need for chlorine. A short walk along a leafy lane leads to the AstroTurf tennis court, which some semi-pro guests described as being in one of the most stunning settings in the world.
Top Traveller Review
A wonderful secluded property
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Great house, tremendous views, good food and dear friends combined for a terrrific holiday. Small touches, like fresh lillies and thoughtful provisioning made everything so easy and elegant. Of course the icing on the cake was our 'butler'
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
A wonderful secluded property
With glorious views in a secluded setting, this is a very well appointed house with a homely feeling. The pool is beautifully positioned and was clearly well maintained. Not far from Perugia and the market town of Umbertide, we were able to tour as well as enjoy the peaceful surroundings of Scopetaccio.
A really special get away from it all place.
This is an immaculately comfortable property maintained to the highest standard. To sit in the garden or lie by the pool with amazing birdlife and butterflies all around you is worth every penny. Inside the kitchen catered for all our needs.
Our family spent a week at this beautiful villa in August. The views were spectacular and the home was well equipped with everything needed for a luxury getaway. Whether you want to visit the many nearby villages for architecture or shopping, or you're looking to dine out at some fabulous local restaurants or you just want to sit and relax by the pool - this house had it all. The professional kitchen even inspired us to try our hand at cooking some of our own meals, although we did have a local chef come in and cook for us one night. This is something we would highly recommend.
Adding to our experience was fantastic customer service from Tony and Ann. They attended to all of our needs including great restaurant recommendations and general knowledge that enhanced our overall vacation experience. They truly made our first visit to Italy a very memorable one.
I have already recommended this property to several people looking for a relaxing week in the italian countryside.
From the Owner
“This is a perfect house for a large family, or two families to share. Two large doubles and room for at least 6 children, without being overcrowded in any way.”
Activity and Interests
Umbria will thankfully never be the new Tuscany! It retains its traditional values and welcome for visitors, but has never pandered to hordes of tourists. What you see is genuinely what you get - some of the finest salumeria and olive oils in Italy, robust wines, locally grown fruits and vegetables. All this set in the spectacular scenery of the rolling Umbrian Hills - it is no surprise that the area is called The Green Heart of Italy. Ancient historical sites are to be found in every hill top town and the walled cities, such as Citta di Castello. The Etruscans led the good life here long before the rest of us and they left plenty of evidence of doing so! Culturally, the region hosts both internationally acclaimed festivals [Jazz, Opera, Chocolate] and local seasonal festivals often to celebrate the harvesting of olives, wine, mushrooms, asparagus, chestnuts, meats and cheeses.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£420|
Christmas, New Year and Easter prices on application.
25% to secure the booking. Blanca due 6 weeks prior to arrival
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
- Books for Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Games for Kids
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Player
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Daily Maid Service
- Private Chef
- Low Allergen Environment
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- All bathrooms are fully tiled in coordinated colours, with walk in showers. Bathrooms 1 and 3 have double wash basins. There is ample drawer and shelf space for toiletries and so on. Well lit and plenty of large mirrors, toothbrush holders, soap dishes, towel rails ( heated in winter) and hanging facilities.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- All the bedrooms are ensuite, with fully tiled bathrooms and beautiful soft furnishings. The duvets and pillows are fine goose down and bedlinen is Egyptian cotton. Towels, including pool towels, and dressing gowns are provided and changed each week. Bedrooms 1 and 2 have separate dressing areas, all have ample drawer and hanging space with lots of coat hangers! Bedroom 3 has a queen sized bed as well as a very comfortable small sofa bed which is ideal for a small child sharing with parents.. The Graniao can also be made up as two large singles. Mattresses throughout are good quality. On arrival there will be fine soaps and shower gels in each room. All room have wonderful views, either down towards the valley or across the gardens - some both!
- Beach Towels
- Bicycles ...
- Tennis Court
- 3 bicycles
- 20 garden chairs
- 10 deck chairs
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Fully stocked larder, plus Welcome Basket of meats, cheese, bread, milk, yogurt, fruit, wine, champagne, beer, soft drinks. Maids come in twice a week; bed linen changed weekly. Gardeners/pool maintenance every other day. Maintained vegetable garden for guest use. Cooks available. Airport transfers can be arranged. Riding and golf nearby.