Stunning setting in 9 acres of rolling countryside- for parties from 2 to 13.
Welcome to Les Chataigniers, where two houses, an enormous games room and heated swimming pool overlook nine acres of garden, fields and woodland.
Visitors remark on the beauty and tranquility of its setting, at the end of a country lane in a tiny hamlet on the Tarn/Aveyron border. Exploring the glorious countryside around, on foot or by bike, is a delight. A short drive or woodland walk brings you to our nearest village with its bakery, butcher and general store. Further afield are historic bastide towns, vineyards, castles, lively markets and wonderful outdoor leisure opportunities.
If you are a group of friends or extended family looking for a place to enjoy each others company but escape to your own space when you need to - you will find it at Les Chataigniers.
This large open space allows an evening game of boules, a barbeque by the farmhouse steps and freedom for young children to run around in safety.
Cross the courtyard to this enormous space where you can hide from the noonday sun and enjoy a game of table tennis or billiards, or watch a family film in an evening.
Out of the clubhouse, across a terrace with tables and chairs and down the steps is the 8m x 5m pool with its decked surround and sun loungers. It is fully fenced and all access points are individually locked. Optional pool alarm for extra security. Spectacular view!
LAWNS & TERRACE
Near the pool is a shaded seating area beneath a willow tree for those who wish to escape the bustle of swimmers. Below the pool is a level, grassed games area perfect for croquet or other ball games, with swings, climbing frame and slide.
Below the complex of Les Chataigners is the meadow; play a game of rounders here, or adventure across it to the woods above the stream.
Details for holiday farmhouse Les Chataigniers Farmhouse, 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13, 5 Bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
This is the perfect location for an extended family holiday, or to share with friends. Set in a peaceful rural hamlet, the farmhouse offers spacious accommodation, with 6 bedrooms for 2-3 plus an extra single room. 4 bedrooms have en suite shower rooms; the ground floor 2-bedroom suite has a shared bathroom.
The lounge provides cool shade in the summer and a log burner for the winter. A large dining kitchen opens onto the deck overlooking the garden and the gravelled courtyard, a perfect spot for a game of boules. Cross the courtyard to the huge games room, with its home cinema, snooker and table tennis tables, opening onto the fully fenced solar heated pool with comfortable sofas and sun loungers.
Our extensive grounds are a paradise for children to explore and play. The pool is both fenced and alarmed to ensure total safety, and young guests are welcome to collect their breakfast eggs from our chickens. Help yourself to vegetables in season from our organic garden.
Top Traveller Review
Spacious, modern and very well equipped
About the Owner
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Spacious, modern and very well equipped
Our large family group have just returned from a wonderful week at Les Chataigniers. The property was modern, clean and well equipped. The facilities and grounds were enjoyed by all the kids (young and old) and Mark and Chris were friendly and helpful. Basically, everything was first class and this is one of the very best places we have ever had the pleasure to stay. Thank you. The Wise gang.
Staying at Campels
We are the Kennet Valley TR club...and we drove our cars to the Aveyron to enjoy our sports car in such lovely surroundings.
We were not disappointed in any way...the gite or the lovely area it is situated in
We were a group of 8 people...we have rented gites before and also stayed in hotels in France. This was the best yet.....it suited us exactly...owners are welcoming but not intrusive.....unless asked to join us!. The place is secluded enough to let your hair down and relax...which we did. There were also wonderful places to get to....Tarn Gorge....Villefranche.....Rodez...and much smaller places as well...whatever you want. Stay at the gite and enjoy relaxing in their pool...with great views.....or tour around.
The gite is well equipped for self catering with plenty of crockery and cooking utensils. You can sit on the deck and all eat ...or go indoors ..there is plenty of space for a large group either way.
The bedrooms are attractive and clean....furniture is comfortable .....outlooks are enjoyable. We just didn't want to leave...and have talked about it fondly ever since we have been back......would love to visit it again
a true little paradise
We have spent at 13 (6 adults and 7 children) an extraordinary week in this place: a beautiful, big old house, romantic gardens around, a secured swimming pool, a big playground, ancient stables with lots of room to play (table tennis), a real paradise for children - and adults, staying on the nice terrace beneath a glycine (?) or around the swimming pool. The region is picturesque, the house is in a little hamlet, very quiet. Another big point is the wonderful welcome by the owners with whom the contact is very pleasant, easy and cordial. We will return this summer…
Yann and Astrid from France (Alsace)
A delightful weekend in the country!
Les Chataigniers was the perfect destination for a long and relaxing weekend in the delightful countryside of one of France's quietest and picturesque departements, Aveyron. We were a group of old friends looking for a short holiday of walks, kayaking, swimming, sunbathing, playing field cricket, BBQing, drinking, playing petanque, looking around mediaeval towns and forgetting our city lives for a few days. We found everything we were looking for.
The house itself is charming and rustic, simply and comfortably renovated, and comfortably housed 13 gentlemen in their early 30s and of varying sizes. The kitchen is well appointed and we could all sit around the dining room table - but we mostly chose to sit outside around the table on the splendid terrace under the vines. There is a nice courtyard for petanque and a great games room with pool and table tennis. The pool is too small for laps, but great for water-games and basking in the sun - the pool decking overlooks a field in a valley, and is a great sun-trap. We also played several games of field cricket in the meadow behind the house.
A note on the superb hospitality of the hosts, Mark and Christine, who offer encyclopaedic knowledge of the local area and what it has to offer, helped to coordinate a morning of kayaking in the local river near Najak, provided transfer for all 13 of us from the airport at Rodez, cooked a welcome meal for our first evening, made breakfast for us each morning, and were even able to help us out when our beer supplies ran low. They were extremely kind and accommodating, and were happy to get involved when needed, or take a step back to allow a bit more privacy.
All things considered, a terrific and restorative break. I really couldn't fault it. I'd go back.
Activity and Interests
Home to 10 of France's 'Most Beautiful Villages' - as well as the world's highest bridge at Millau - Aveyron is rich in culture, history and natural beauty, yet remains relatively undiscovered. This is the place for people who love the outdoors! Walking, riding, photography, cycling, fishing, kayaking - all can be enjoyed amidst stunning surroundings, clean waterways and pure air. Those with an interest in history will delight in exploring its bastide towns, its castles, its churches and cathedrals. For gourmets, there are several Michelin-starred restaurants close by - or shop for the freshest of ingredients in a vibrant marketplace then bring them home to cook at leisure. If you can drag them away from the pool, children will find much to entertain them in the area too - Cap Decouverte is a theme park with a difference; Micropolis, the city of insects, is fun AND educational. During the summer, street theatre and festivals are common, and of course every village has its own fete!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
25 Mar 2017 - 26 May 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
27 May 2017 - 7 Jul 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
8 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Sep 2017 - 29 Sep 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
30 Sep 2017 - 28 Oct 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
TEN-DAY LETS MAY ALSO BE AVAILABLE DURING HIGH SEASON - PLEASE ENQUIRE
LINEN - All bedroom linen, bathroom towels, pool towels and kitchen towels provided. Changeover at mid-point for two week rentals.
HOUSEHOLD BASICS - On arrival, guests will find starter supplies of soap, toilet rolls, washing-up liquid and sponges plus household cleaning materials.
20% deposit at point of reservation, with balance and refundable deposit normally payable 8 weeks before arrival. We accept payment in sterling or euros, by bank transfer or cheque.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking ...
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Cooking Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Audio Tape Player
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
- Books for Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Games for Kids
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Video Player
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Sunset en suite - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Twin sinks
- Walnut en suite - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Shower cabin with rainforest shower head and body jets
- Birdsong en suite - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Walk in shower area
- Lime tree ensuite - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Walk in shower area
- Cloakroom - Toilet, Ground floor, off main entrance hall
- Ground floor suite - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Ground floor suite shared between two ground floor rooms
- Bath and hand towels are supplied; a mid-point change of towels is included for bookings of two weeks. Swimming pool towels are supplied - please do not use towels from bedrooms at the pool.
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Courtyard room - 1 Double Bed, Ground floor room with fixed 140 cm double bed.
- Sunset room - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Huge upstairs room, can be double/twin/triple. Space for cot
- Birdsong room - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Upstairs. Bed can be split to form twin beds. Space for cot.
- Walnut room - 1 Double Bed, Upstairs room with 140 cm double bed. Room for cot.
- Siesta - 2 Single Bed, Ground floor. Beds can be zipped to form extra large double
- Limetree room - 2 Single Bed, Upstairs room. Beds can be zipped to form large double.
- Linen room - 1 Single Bed, Upstairs room; no private bathroom facilities
- 5 rooms have double beds with ample bedding. 3 can be unzipped to form twins if required. We are happy to reconfigure bedrooms to suit each party's requirements - for example, the largest bedroom has frequently been made into a 'dormitory' with 3 single beds for a group of cousins. The ground floor suite of rooms has a 140 cm double in the front bedroom and zippable twin beds in the rear bedroom. Two wooden cots are also available, plus an extra child's bed. We are happy to advise on which rooms are best suited to accommodate a cot. Each double bedroom has its own ensuite shower, wc and handbasin; the ground floor suite also has a bath. Additionally there is a charming single bedroom on the first floor; please note that this does not have private facilites, but there is a separate w.c. and hand basin on the ground floor which could easily be designated for the sole use of the occupant of this single room. .
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- 2 bicycles
- Our bedrooms are almost all en suite, and all bathrooms apart from one have been refitted over the past two years. The beamed sitting room, dining room and kitchen with dining deck adjoin each other giving an easy flow of activities. The kitchen has a range style cooker, dishwasher and American fridge/freezer, plus plenty of work surface and storage space. Excellent range of pans, casseroles, serving dishes etc. more than adequate for 12. The dining area has table and chairs for 12. Extra seating is of course available for larger parties, as are high chairs for groups with babies and toddlers. Double doors open from the kitchen onto the deck with tables and chairs for up to 16 guests. The sitting room has comfortable sofa and chairs, TV, video/dvd and iPod dock. Large groups will love the additional space offered in the games room, which has relaxed seating and dining areas. Outside access to laundry with washing machine, sink, and drying space.