6+6 Bedrooms, 3+3 bathrooms, 3+3 toilets, ideal for couple, family or groups
Prague is a delight. But why spoil your holiday with the stress and noise of a city hotel? Instead stay in our Cottage and enjoy the best of Golden Prague and the tranquillity of a Bohemian countryside village, all in the same holiday! Easy 20 minutes into Prague; Easy 15 minutes from airport; Airport welcome and transfer available; Situated at entrance to picturesque National Park Forest; 100 metres to unforgettable Bohemian Restaurant with low prices and world class beer; Walk or cycle from the cottage following streams and lakes through delightful forest to the Vltava river and enchanting countryside beyond; House was lead feature in “Muj Dum” magazine; On cycle track, but with car/taxi access to house; Mature garden with BBQ area; Free Internet Wi-Fi ; Serviced fully equipped luxury accommodation; Rent-a-Chef - a professional chef will bring prepare and cook for you from only £4 per person! Free bilingual telephone support throughout your holiday. Idyllic Prague Weddings arranged
Guest comments on our website: Please see our website for more than fifty Guest comments!
Details for holiday cottage IdyllicPrague Family or Honeymoon Cottage for 2-8, 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, 3 Bathrooms, 2 Separate WC's
Conifer Cottage is a detached family house with garden and barbeque in a hamlet called Cerny Vul, in the countryside just outside Prague. 400 yards away is Cherry Tree Cottage which can be configured as two completely separate independent holiday homes - 'Cherry Tree Lodge' (3+2 bedrooms, family bathroom, toilet shower room, kitchen dining room, garage etc) plus 'Cherry Garden Suite' (1 bedroom, toilet shower room, kitchen dining room, garage etc) or can be combined as a single family house 'Cherry Tree Cottage' (4+2 bedrooms, family bathroom, 2 toilet shower rooms, 2 kitchen dining rooms, 2 garages etc.) Accommodation designed specifically for wheelchair users is available, please contact us for details. Idyllic Prague offer holiday solutions for 1-2 Guests, 3-4 Guests, 1-5 Guests, 1-6 Guests, 1-8 Guests, 6-12 Guests, 7-14 Guests, 9-18 Guests and 19-32 Guests. (property 53848 and 82658) Contact us with your holiday ideas and we will find your perfect holiday solution!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We were surprised by how much cycling and walking goes on in the Czech Republic
and how organised it is - it is a beautiful country which we didn't know that much
about before we left. We were really pleased that we were living in the country
rather than in Central Prague especially during the heat wave. We found the buses
amazing - they follow the timetable (a surprise after England) so central Prague was
really accessible if we wanted to go there. If people do want to do lots of walking
and cycling we found the equivalent of an OS map in the stationers in the metro at
Dejvicka (we brought it back with us as we might visit again) - we found it really
useful to see where the paths went. We also found the outdoor swimming pool near
the reservoir (terminus of no 20&26 tram routes) - it is however unheated!
We had a great time in Cerny Vul and most of us did cycle at some stage. We
managed to do lots of the routes as walks anyway so were quite happy (both
children walk quite
1 holidaymaker review
Remote location, not many activities nearby
We stayed here for four nights in early July 2009. The property itself is fine, with a well-maintained garden.
Overall, I'd say that the Homeaway description and the property website make Conifer Cottage sound much nicer, much better furnished, and much closer to Prague (or any other activities) than it really is.
First and foremost, the location is very remote and it is difficult to manage without a car or other form of transportation. The nearest bus stop is probably a 10-minute walk from the cottage and the bus only runs about 1 or 2 times per hour. Once on the bus, it is a 30 minute ride into outer Prague and probably another 10-15 minutes to the center of Prague and most of the tourist attractions.
In terms of activities, if you don't rent bikes you can still walk along the bike paths but beware that there is quite of bit of road traffic, including bikes and cars. There isn't much in either direction of the bike path. There are two nearby fishing ponds, but they didn't seem suitable for swimming.
The two nearest villages are small and do have shops but their stock is limited and their hours, especially during the summer, are unpredictable. If you don't have a car, it is best that you purchase all of your necessities prior to arriving, because unlike other vacation rentals, the cottage does not provide condiments, seasonings, or other supplies like aluminum foil or charcoal for the barbeque.
While the cottage does have 6 bedrooms, I'd be reluctant to use the 2 in the basement level as it's fairly dark and musty there because there are not very many windows to the outside. In addition, we had problems cooking because when we turned on one burner on the stove, it blew out the electricity for the entire house.
In addition, the internet was not working during our entire stay (a recent storm had knocked it out and there seemed to be little hurry to have it fixed).
The two bright spots of our stay were the transfer car service, which was prompt, courteous and helpful, and the restaurant across the road, which was delicious (especially the fries and the fried cheese) and affordable.
Activity and Interests
The Cottages are situated 20 minutes NW of Prague City and 15 minutes NE of Prague Airport in a village called Cerny Vul. ('Cerny Vul' means 'black bullock' which refers to Neolithic ceramics found here) An excellent bus service runs regularly into Prague and low cost taxis are easily available. Cerny Vul is not yet big enough to be officially classed as a village, but it has a delightful relaxed atmosphere and two pub restaurants. Two government ministers have chosen Cerny Vul cottages as their holiday home hideaways.
Although cars and taxis can access the cottage, the house is situated not on a road but on Cycle Track 8100. Cycle Track 8100 follows streams and fish lakes through the forest of 'Tichy Udoli' (Silent Valley) National Park to an intriguing rope ferry built to take cyclists and ramblers across the river Vltava and hence on to further countryside or Prague City. In the opposite direction the cycle track leads to the fairytale Ukor castle.
Other Activities: Exploring Prague city. Rambling in forest and country side. Wildlife. River and lake boating. White water canoeing. Ice-skating. Cross-country s
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
New Year Minimum Cottage Renta
31 Dec 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 7 guests; add £12 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Rental rates are shown as accurately as possible, but this is not our website. Holiday-Rentals is not our website, you need to look at our IdyllicPrague website for full details.
Cottage rental rates range from GBP £15 per night to GBP £150 per night except for large groups when prices are £6-£18 per Guest per night. Cottages are always for your EXCLUSIVE use.
Half Price!!! November Decembe
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Broadband Access
- Computer Available
- Linens Provided
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Player
Pool / Spa
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- naturist beach
- recreation centre
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- 300 m²
- Bathroom Ground Floor - Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Washing Machine
- Bathroom Upper Floor - Shower Enclosure
- Toilet Ground Floor - Toilet, No easy wheelchair access
- Toilet Upper Floor - Toilet
- Bathroom Lower Floor - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Jacuzzi
- Wheelchair users and Guests with limited mobility have found the ground floor easily accessible and convenient. However the ground floor toilet is not large enough for wheelchair access. Please contact us for details of options for full wheelchair access solutions.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 Ground Floor - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon, Flexible
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, Flexible
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, Extra singles available
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, Extra singles available
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon, By prior agreement only
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Double Bed, with washbasin
- While retaining the 'romantic cottage for two honeymoon charm', Conifer Cottage has 6 large bedrooms, plus a living room which can also be used as a bedroom making a total of 7 bedrooms. The bedrooms are equipped with a flexible arrangement of beds so that 5 of the 6 bedrooms could each sleep up to 4 if required, and the 6th bedroom could sleep 2 or 3. Two bedrooms access a balcony directly, and one bedroom adjacent to the luxury jacuzzi bathroom includes a wash hand basin, mirror, shaving light etc.
- Bicycles ...
- 16 garden chairs
- 1 deck chairs
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Kitchen fittings include a double sink, electric fan oven, hobs, two microwaves, kettle, and dishwasher and fridge freezer. The dining area extends into a delightful garden bay with full height windows. In the living room are a settee/bed, armchairs, TV, piano and many books. The mature garden includes a patio with built-in barbeque. Extensive garden furniture is provided. Three double bedrooms are situated on the upper floors, one double bedroom is situated on the ground floor and two double bedrooms and a jacuzzi bathroom on the lower floor. There are separate toilets on each floor. Separate bathrooms on each floor both include purpose built shower cubicles and washbasins. The ground floor bathroom also includes a large bath and washing machine. A computer work station study area is provided on the upper floor. A family television den on the lower floor is equipped with a television, satellite receiver, DVD & VHS player. Bicycles & a large garage are available