Garden Apartment 3 bedroom format
THE GARDEN APARTMENT has 3 air conditioned bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The master bedroom (No #3) has an ensuite and it's own private balcony overlooking the gardens.
- - - - LARGE DECK: Outside there is a superb newly built (Sept 2008) 300 sq foot hardwood deck in Guyanese Purple Hart with a big dining table and chairs and plenty of comfortable seating - all under a large mango tree which is beautifully lit for relaxed outdoor night time dining.
- - - - INDOORS: There is a light and airy living room / dining room / kitchen which is fully equipped. The beds and furnishings are a nice blend of hardwoods and colourful modern fabrics.
- - - - ENTERTAINMENT FOR CHILDREN: The Garden Apartment has plenty to keep children happy. There is a large TV and DVD player, a toy box with a good selection of children's games and toys, plenty of books and DVDs plus a swing and rope ladder in the garden and bikes for ages up to 8.
Garden Apartment and Pool Apt
THE GARDEN APARTMENT is available with either 2 or 3 bedrooms and can sleep 4 or 6 guests. It has a big hardwood deck and dining table nestling under a Mango tree.
- - - - THE POOL APARTMENT has 1 bedroom and sleeps 2 adults + up to 2 children on folding beds in the living/dining room. It opens onto a tiled deck with loungers and a hardwood dining table.
- - - - BOTH are set in an acre of glorious tropical gardens full of sweet scented Fangipani, Golden Palms, Mangos and passing Green Monkeys.
- - - - MULLINS BEACH is 4 minutes stroll with lovely sand and a great beach restaurant. Gibbes beach is a hidden gem 800 yards away.
Would you like someone to do some cooking for you : Fancy about a break from shopping and cooking? If you would like someone to cook authentic meals for you we have one English and three Bajan ladies who have cooked many lovely meals for us. They can cook you a meal for an occasional night - or everyday if you prefer. - - - -
FAVOURITE DISHES with guests include: Bajan seasoned flying fish, curry or roti, grilled Marlin, Tuna, Kingfish or Mahi Mahi, cou cou, baked eggplant, butternut squash, pineapple pie. - - - CHILDREN LOVE the baked chicken, Bajan macaroni pie and rice & peas.
Eating Out : MULLINS BEACH BAR & RESTAURANT is 350 yards away. A few hundred yards further North bring you a Chinese Restaurant and 3 informal Bajan eateries. -
SPEIGHTSTOWN which remains authentically Bajan is a mile from Mullins Beach, with popular eating places such as Mangos Restaurant, The Fisherman's Pub, Casareep Cafe and Doris’ Place. - -
FURTHER NORTH - Just beyond Speightstown on the coast road there is the excellent Fish Pot restaurant, La Mer at stylish Port St Charles and local fish frys in the fishing villages of Six Mens and Half Moon Fort.
HEADING SOUTH the best ribs in Barbados are at Chris's Places - in the hills a mile away. Nearer Holetown is the Lone Star restaurant, and equally renowned Groots Bar / Restaurant, plus Spago at Settlers Beach offering waterside Italian food.
HOLETOWN has 20 restaurants for all budgets and tastes including the excellent Tides & family friendly Zacchios
Car available - Airport pick up - Friendly staff: - - - CAR Our large 4 door, 5 seater classic Toyota is also available at a reasonable rate as part of a package for guests staying with us at Mullins Bay.
- - - STAFF Our friendly staff, Anthea the housekeeper and Andrew who looks after the garden, pool and maintenance will do all they can to make your stay in Barbados enjoyable and restful. The staff and pool are shared with Mullins Bay House and our one bedroom apartment which are in the same grounds.
- - - AIRPORT PICK UP We can arrange airport pick up for you with a reliable local taxi firm who know the apartment and will make your transfer easy.
- - - FACTSHEETS: To help you make the most of Barbados we have written an in depth guide to the area, local facilities, restaurant, bars and advice on getting cheap flights to Barbados - please email us for this.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
The rates above are for up to 6 people staying in the Garden Apartment and include maid service and utilities.
Additional adults are £100 per week, children £50pw.
Linen and bathroom towels are provided - please bring your own beach towels.
CAR AVAILABLE - Our 5 seater Suzuki Grand Vitara or Honda Jazz/Fit are available at a reasonable rate as part of a package for guests staying with us.
(17 traveller reviews)
We have never had such a relaxing time. Staff are very good and helpful. We spent so many hours chilling out on the lovely deck. Both beaches were great as was the turtle trip. Thanks for the tip. The apartment had all we needed, clean and comfortable. As for the rum punch
We love Mullins Bay, Barbados
This is a special place for us and we had to come here again because it is just perfect for us. We love the gardens, fresh mangos (sorry Mr Monkey) the staff Andrew and Onita, the monkeys the pool and the lovely beaches on the door step. Above all the Bajans are so warm and welcoming and so laid back.
The children's swimming has improved hugely and they love being in the water now. Hope to come again
Perfect home from home in paradise.
The garden apartment met all my expectations and was perfect for our stay. It is set in luscious tropical gardens and the large teak deck is a perfect place to relax with its beautiful views of the garden and pool; indeed it is difficult to drag yourself away from this oasis to sample the delights of the Island.
However, the fabulous Mullins beach is a few minutes walk away, near enough for a morning swim in the clear turquoise water.
The apartment was extremely comfortable with efficient air conditioning and meticulously clean with everything you could need, a real home from home. The housekeeper and manager were both very friendly and helpful but discreet and met our every need. The owners Simon and Sarah have extensive local knowledge and the information provided about the property and Barbados was accurate and up to date. The quality of the food and service was amazing from JuJu's beach bar which has the best rum punch and barracuda to the amazing Cliff Beach Club and The Fishpot Restaurant. Calypso Cruises provided a wonderful days sailing with all snorkelling gear provided as well as an open bar and delicious food.
The people we met in Barbados were a delight and they couldn't have been more helpful or friendly - really enhancing the wonderful experience and enriching our perfect holiday.
Chilled and tanned - a good start to the summer
Short but sweet stay at the Pool Apartment. The gardens look even better than our last visit. Andrew and the maids as friendly and helpful as before. The two of us had a really nice week with plenty of chilling out, beach walks and some excellent barracuda and snapper at JuJu's upgraded café on the beach. The new entrance looks very good. Thanks again S&S.
Best Ever Holiday
This was our best holiday ever. First time in Barbados for us but definitely not the last, we have got withdrawal symptoms. The Bajans are so laid back and have a great sense of humour. Wherever we went they were welcoming and helpful. The garden apartment is very well kept and has a fantastic wooden deck built around a big mango tree. Sadly the mangos were not yet ripe in April. The housekeeper Oneta is lovely and keeps the apartment spic and span. Mullins beach is very close by and we spent many hours there and on the next door beach called Gibbs. The pool and gardens are fabulous.
We ate in JuJu,s, Island Plates, Bombas and the beach restaurant at Mullins.
Thank you for the excellent local information Simon & Sarah - your staff are great. Jess
Lovely Barbados Apartment! Lovely hosts!
We (2 adults and 3 children) spent a wonderful 10 days in the garden apartment (3 bedroom format) at Mullins Bay House. The apartment was clean, well appointed and had everything we needed as a family. Having breakfast (and an evening rum punch!) on the decking was a lovely feature of the property. Lots of local advice, which we used, in the handbook from the owners Simon & Sarah. The location of the apartment was perfect for strolling to the beach and nearby bars and restaurants. We will definitely be back!
Activity and Interests
THE GARDEN APARTMENT & POOL APARTMENT at Mullins Bay House are in St Peter which is leafy and quiet with some of the best beaches in Barbados. - - - - MULLINS BEACH RESTAURANT is 350 yards away and a great place for lunch across the crystal water. Convenience shopping is 800 yards away together with 4 other local eating places. - - - SPEIGHTSTOWN, the colourful and bustling second biggest town in Barbados is just over a mile North with a wide range of shops, banks, bars and restaurants such as Mangos and the famous Fisherman's Pub. - - - - HOLETOWN is 5 miles South with about 20 restaurants and bars, Duty Free Shopping and other services. - - - BRIDGETOWN the capital is 10 miles to the South.
Other Activities: Luxury Spa just 4 mins walk.
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Car Available
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- horse riding
Sports & Adventure Activities
- water skiing
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Ensuite
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, Ensuite
- Air conditioning in all 3 bedrooms.
- Bicycles ...
- Child's Swing
- 6 garden chairs
- Max. occupancy: 6
- non smoking only
- children welcome
- CAR AVAILABLE - Our 5 seat, air conditioned Toyota is available for guests to hire in advance by any of guests at reasonable rates - please email us for details. Non smoking indoors - plenty of space on the deck Indoor towels provided - guests need to bring beach/pool towels.