Magnificent Neogothic Chateau and estate. Exclusivity for your special event.
The very spacious 19th Chateau and Lodge are located on a 300 acre estate: The properties are full of character with fireplaces and original features but also provides the luxury of modern living.
On site facilities include a 15m pool with cover for cooler days and mid-season, all weather tennis court,private forest (with marked trails) and lake with possibility of course fishing.
It is an ideal location for spending time with family or friends as there is a great deal of space in the properties and outside in the grounds and plenty to do on site or nearby for every taste and age.
We also organise tailer made shooting breaks, Corporate events and family celebrations such as weddings, anniversaries. We can help with any ideas you have.
Chateau du Val-Saint Just, is an ideal location to hold a special celebration with family and friends. Let us know what you require and we can do our best to help., we can organise golf reservations, restaurants, activities, also provide catering cleaning as required.
We now offer canoeing , climbing, guided walks, donkey rides , clay pigeon shoots these activities can be organised prior to arrival but we can usually accomodate if you decide on an activity during your stay.
New at the Chateau our in house caterer offers cookery classes, ideal for a group of friends wanting to share an experience together , or for an original "hen-party event". The workshop can culminate in a sophisicated Gala dinner
The local area offers possibilities for all ages and tastes, picturesque villages such as La Gacilly and Rochfort-en-terre, Chateaux to visit, local markets: The coast is not far away with the choice of sandy beaches of Penetin or coves of Kervoyal. The popular French resort of La Baule is 90km away,
Details for holiday castle THE CHATEAU, 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 22, 7 Bathrooms, 2 Separate WC's
The neogothic chateau dating from the late 19th centuary offers a magnificant location for a holiday with friends or a family celebration. The chateau has been refurbished but has many of the orginal features and all that you would expect from a stay in a chateau. Large open fireplaces,chandaliers, numerous bedrooms, library and an oak panneled dining room. During your stay you will have exclusive use of the chateau park and all the facilities.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Chateau du Val and Lodge are situated in the heart of South Brittany countryside offering a warmer and sunnier climate than the North coast. The properties are located in the beautiful park of the estate du Val, which boasts a private forest and lake. The large properties of the Chateau and Lodge with peaceful grounds are great for relaxing with friends or family or organising a special celebration:.The pool,(which can be covered in mid-season ) is open from April until November, tennis court, walks and bike traills allows for plenty of acivities on-site.
The quiet roads also means that site seeing , beaches and markets are also easy to get to.
We can also organise canoeing-kayak, rock climbing, clay pidgeon shoots on site whereas nearby activities include horse riding ,golf, boating on the rivers , spa facilities.
In close proximity there are a number of picturesque villages such as La Gacilly, (gardens, museum) Rochefort en Terre with traditional craft shops and the harbour town of Roche Bernard. Rich in history there are numerous castles to visit such as Chateau Josslin, Plessi-Josso, Suscino. As well as the renowned UNESCO site Mont Saint-Michel
The coast offers the family beaches of Penetin or Damgan or the more lively option of La Baule with its famous sea-food restaurants. A visit to the salt mines, a trip through the marsh area of the Briere or a boat trip to one of the Islands in the Morbian makes an enjoyable day out.
An ideal location for families, friends also for that special celebration: We are thrilled to have our guests celebrate, birthdays, anniversaries or weddings.Candlelit dinners in the Chateau or organising a wedding reception using the Chateau and Lodge are all possible.Please dont hesitate to contact us with any request. For further infomation see the web site: www.chateauval.com
Golf: An ideal location for golfers with the renowned golf club 'Golf de la Bretesche' within easy reach, (www.golf-bretesche.com ), the golf courses of La Baule and two 9 hole courses at Caden and Ploermel for a shorter day.
We are only to pleased to help with booking t-times and help you organise a golfing program.
During the season we enjoy welcoming shooting parties for a convivial few days together. Please see web site for further infomation: www.chateauval.com
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 29 Apr 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£800|
On booking a deposit og 25% of the total rent is required, Full payment is then due 8 weeks before the rental period. A caution of £800 is required which is returned immediatly after the rental periond: Payment can be made through holiday rentals.
Three night weekend: £2400 (peak season) £1900 (low season).
Reduced rate for the Lodge if taken with the Chateau
On booking a deposit of 25% of the rental amount needs to be paid. The remainder is then due 8 weeks before the holiday.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- non smoking only ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- 1000 m²
- Oak room bathroom - Bath (no shower), Very large bathroom with bath- shower attachement
- Sultans bathroom - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Shower room with hand basin
- Indian room bathroom - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, indian bedroom has a shower and hand basin
- Blue bathroom-first floor - Blue bathroom is a communal bathroom on first floor
- Chapel bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Chapel room has private bathroom with shower attachment
- Cream bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Small communal bathroom on the second floor
- Bathroom 8 - Toilet, Seperate toilet on the second floor
- Bathroom 9 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Large communal shower room with spacious shower.
- Three seperate toilets - Toilet, Two toilets of the first floor and 1 on the second
- On the first floor 3 bedrooms have private bath or shower room and 2 share a bathroom.On the second floor, one room has a bathroom the remaining four share a bathroom; We are adding a further large shower room so please enquire.
- 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 22
- Oak Room - 2 Single Bed, Large double room with bath room.
- Sultans Room - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Large double bed with shower room
- Indian Room - 1 Double Bed, Small sized double bed with shower room
- Rose Room - 1 Large Double Bed, Double bedroom with shared bathroom
- Italien Room - 1 Large Double Bed, Large bedroom with shared bathroom
- Chapel room - 1 Double Bed, Chapel room has private bathroom located on the second floor
- Grey room - 2 Single Bed, Twin bed room on the second floor with shared bathroom
- Breton Room - 1 Large Double Bed, Also has a small childs sofa bed. Shares bathroom
- White Room - 2 Single Bed, Twin bedroom with shared bathroom
- The Chateau has 10 bedrooms distributed over 2 floors, five bedrooms are located on the first flor and 5 on the second floor. A TV room on the second floor can be used as a bedroom.it has 2 double sofa beds;
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- 1 bicycles
- Included in Price
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Catering available
- Chateau du Val can be rented on a self catering basis, bed and breakfast or with meals included as desired. A live in housekeeper will be staying on site. Please don't hesitate to ask us if you have any other requirements such as a chauffeur, help with reserving restaurants, visits, excursions. We can also help organise any celebration, birthdays, wedding anniversaries and weddings. For larger groups both the Chateau and Lodge can be rented (preferential rates for rental of both poperties) with capacity of accomodating upto 40 people. Please enquie for further details.