Spacious with attention to detail in all the right places
PLEASE ASK FOR DEALS ON 2-3 people staying.
The villa is finished to a very high standard with feature stone walls & wooden ceilings.
A contemporary airy space, all beds have quality mattresses, with *air con (extra charge)& shutters in bedrooms for a perfect nights sleep.
A long driveway with parking leads to entrance, with the smell of jasmine, mint & honeysuckle all around.
The large hall has visitor bathroom & separate cloakroom, off the hall are 2 bedrooms with sleeping for 5, both have built in storage, tastefully decorated with private bathrooms & great views.
The living/dining room is flooded with natural light, has an LCD TV, music/ iPod centre, trendy rocking chairs, leather sofas & wood burning stove.
The large open plan kitchen has American fridge/freezer,dishwasher, etc & overlooks the pool area with a 9x4m private swiming pool.
Step outside the dining room onto the shaded 3 x 13 m decking & listen to the sea gently humming.
Upstairs are 2 ensuite master bedrooms, both with sunny private balconies.
BRAND NEW for 2015 the garden now has a Boule pitch, with lighter plastic balls for kids and metal ones for if the adults fancy taking each other on. The BBQ is with the second dining area under the shade of the decking, a perfect area to relax in the shade and play table football.
Just 10 minutes away from Tavira we are ideally placed to enjoy the quiet and beauty of the Algarve, the beautiful rolling hills that typify the area, the fabulous blue flag beaches and classy golf courses, as well the unique quaint atmosphere that you will find in Tavira.
On our side of the Algarve (east) you rarely find beach side villas as planning is very strict and no one is allowed to build close to the beach, which means that you do not have New York style skylines that many other resorts offer.
We supply all towels including beach, so you can travel light and you need to pay Ryanair all those excess baggage charges!!
If you are the more energetic type...
We can organize kayaking along the lagoon, deep sea fishing, horse trekking (or riding lessons) across the beautiful local countryside with an English/Portuguese speaking guide/instructor. Golf lessons or a full round of golf with a pro for you and your guests. Walking tours and mountain bike and road cycling (hire) along the many trails that surround the villa and go on for miles, which will push you to your abilities and great tarmac roads and long climbs for the serious tour wannabes! Try to book these in advance or on arrival to ensure you are not disappointed.
Please feel free to email me with questions on any of the activities, most of which are surprisingly inexpensive.
Top Traveller Review
We all had a wonderful stay and want to come back again.
About the Owner
We both come from England, we'd had enough of working 10 hours a day 6 days a week, so we sold up and came to Portugal to escape the rat race a few years ago.
Both keen skiers we spend the winter months working in mountains in Austria and love the contrast of the 2 places.
We have a friend who's father bought here 20 odd years ago and then our friend had a place built too and that's how we were introduced to the area..
We really fell for Tavira a lovely, lively, charming Algarvian town and the absolutely stunning surrounding hilly countryside.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We're (i'm) really glad we made full use of the cook-in service, the food was wonderful and i had a holiday too!
4.9 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
Excellent instructions to the villa with a warm welcome from the owners. They gave invaluable advice on Portuguese ways and places to visit. The villa is beautifully furnished and well kitted out - all bedrooms are en suite, which was ideal for our girls and eased any arguments! Wifi worked well downstairs and was also essential for us. The pool was clean and the sun shone everyday; plenty of balconies for sunbathing and reading. Great to have time and space. Loved the garden! It was very reassuring that the owners were nearby if there was anything we needed. On the owners recommendation, we enjoyed walking locally. And amongst recommended activities, we went to a beautiful waterfall and lake called Pego do Inferno. The Beach on the Ilha de Taveira was beautiful, we went twice! Excellent fish restaurant in Santa Margarida was an experience not to be missed, but perhaps best for fish connoisseurs. Excellent Convento Restaurant for a special occasion, wonderful service, good wine, excellent food.
We all had a wonderful stay and want to come back again.
Well appointed villa in a rural location.
This well very appointed, comfortable and clean property is situated just 15mins from Tavira town centre, in a quiet rural location. The property, which has lots of space, is ideal for a holidaying family or a group of adults whom are not dependant on external nightlife as without a car getting into Tavira can be problematic. The owners are most helpful and amenable to any reasonable request and easily contactable.
I would recommend this property if you are happy to be self contained and in a quiet rural location with no shops or bars. There is a fish and baker van who visit the locality of Eiroēs.
So wonderfully quiet
Very big and comfortable place. Great bedrooms!
Everything you need.
Pool, views, silence, this is the real Algarve, 15 minutes from some magic beaches and yet so wonderfully quiet,
Couldn't be more comfortable!
A stylish, clean and comfortable villa. Having four bathrooms led to harmony in the family and all areas had been made safe for our little ones. Especially liked the terrace from living room as we could leave the doors open and the children could wander in and out. Pool area good, views amazing and secluded.
Kitchen had all we needed and a fantastic fridge.
Only two tiny criticisms - the distance from Tavira was further than expected but that was probably because we drove very slowly on the twisting road and the gardens had not been tidied but expect that was because we stayed very early in the season.
Thank you for a great holiday - you have set the standard for villas very high!
We came with friends for a long weekend. The house was gorgeous, huge rooms with high ceilings and loads of balconies. The views were great and lots of space in the gardens if you wanted sun or shade. Their were only 4 of us and we were a bit lost in the house, it would very easily sleep 10 people. It was a very peaceful and relaxing break and we loved exploring the local villages and towns. We'll definitely be back!
Fabulous, away from it all retreat.
If you are looking for an away from it all, peaceful location for a group holiday this is truly perfect.
We chose this villa because we loved the fact that it was away from all the hustle and bustle of the touristy areas and primarily because for our two families the room set up was perfect.
We were not disappointed. This is a really spacious, modern villa with everything we needed. It is located on a hill, so can be a bit windy, though we were actually grateful for this as it was so hot. We loved waking up with nothing but hills to look at and the sun streaming through the windows then spending our evenings drinking G&T's by the pool and watching the amazing sunsets whilst the kids merrily jumped in and out of the pool until dark.
Obviously you'll need a car and Tavira is only about a 10/15 min drive as is a shopping mall and huge supermarket but the best thing is, you can't see any of it from the villa - bliss! Isla Tavira is a nice day out if you enjoy the beach. We got the boat over which was very cheap.
We did venture down to the local pub for several drinks, just a 5 min walk down the hill, great fun sitting with the locals and even better, the entire round for 9 cost just 6 Euros!
We would certainly recommend this villa and area especially if you hate being part of the 'Brits abroad/ all inclusive thing', it feels like you are a million miles form it all but actually you can find everything you need just over the hill! Enjoy - we did. Thanks Maria an Gary, lovely to have met you both.
From the Owner
“When we built this Villa, we wanted to create a property with space and light, modern but cosy, which would allow people to have a lovely holiday sharing their time together, cooking, eating,drinking, playing and relaxing, whilst also allowing some private places where they can also have their own space, even with 2 families staying at the villa. Having lived here ourselves and continuing to do so when possible, we are able to understand how the villa works and are always looking to improve our guest's holiday experiences.”
Activity and Interests
A new high quality villa, set on a hill, on the edge of a very small, rustic village with stunning views of the Portuguese hills & countryside full of wildlife & trees.
Stroll down to the local bar, find a shady spot in the garden for a snooze or laze in the sun by the pool. Swim first, then eat breakfast on the decking, lunch underneath in the shade & dinner under the stars by the BBQ. If you're too chilled to cook we also offer a shop and cook in service.
It feels like a bygone era but you're just a 10 minute drive from Tavira, where you can take in the sights & eat out at this lovely old roman town.
There's 4 blue flag beaches 15 mins drive away with Tavira Island declared by Lonely Planet Guide as one of the top 10 family beaches in the world.
For the more energetic, there are 7 golf courses from 15-30 minutes away & lots of wild lavender scented walking/mountain bike tracks that lead through olive & orange groves down to the sea or past small villages, reservoirs & rivers.
Other Activities: Kite surfing
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
26 Nov 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£350|
Air-con is £100 per week and pool heating/heating is also £100 each extra charge.
We may accept pets, please ask, we charge £30 for extra cleaning per week when pets are accepted.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It's just so lovely here, some of our guests recently commented that they 'have never stayed anywhere so rustic and yet Tavira is just over the hill. We love the mix of normality (shops, restaurant, buzz) coupled with tranquility and the sense of being much closer to rhythm of mother natures design and having time to really appreciate life.”
- Away From It All
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Stove ...
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Cooking Utensils ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
- Books for Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Games for Kids
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- autumn foliage
- laundrette - not serviced
- naturist beach
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water tubing
- 240 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- All have large mirrors & good light for make up/shaving. Grey bathroom has a walk in shower, natural colored tiles & oak sink top follow the calming feel of the rest of the house. Blue bathroom has a large shower enclosure with a curved glass block wall & a modern sink on an oak shelf. Green bathroom has pale green & white tiles which makes for a clean, crisp, cool feel full of light, a large walk in shower with feature glass brick window, enhances that mood, the wooden ceiling & stylish sink unit add the finishing touch. Red bathroom has a cream & deep red color scheme to echo the bedroom, with bidet & large make up & sink area. On cooler days lie back in the oversize bath (easily big enough for 2), lovely stone wall & wooden ceilings are highlighted by the soft directional lighting. After a long day of sunbathing take a shower in the stand-alone booth then dry off on the balcony, drink in hand watching the stunning daily sunset.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 3 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Spacious rooms all with en suite bathrooms, big built-in wardrobes, air-con( extra charge), roller shutters for total darkness & good quality mattresses to give you a perfect & restful night sleep. Sleep easy as each room is individually designed. The Grey room has 2 large single beds, a calming grey & yellow colour theme sets the tone & lovely views over the garden & beyond complete the feeling of being at ease. Neighbouring, the Blue room has 3 large single beds with more than enough room for 3 adults, turquoise throws, drapes & artwork give the room a tranquil feel & the glass double doors out on to the deck not only give the space bags of light but affords terrific views & easy access to the outside. Climb the stone staircase with the stunning contrast stone wall to the two master bedrooms on the top floor, both have sun soaked private balconies, feature wooden ceilings, the most stunning views of the Portuguese hills & offer the perfect place to capture moments of peace.
- Deck Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Wood Decking
- 20 garden chairs
- 9 deck chairs
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Catering available
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- The villa has a very large open plan kitchen to make cooking less of a chore, with a breakfast bar/cocktail bar! Everything to hand from the American fridge/freezer to the dishwasher & washing machine. Just step outside the kitchen door to overlook the swimming pool & down the steps to the BBQ area. Running late or just want to make it easy ask about our shop/cook in service. Across the breakfast bar is the living area with satellite free view tv which includes all the bbc & itv channels as well as various european news channels, stacks of books, dvd's & music, soft warm lighting & wood burner for winters chillier evenings along with whole house underfloor heating. The swimming pool area is gated off for parental control & the whole site is fenced so little ones won't be going for any unscheduled evening walks! Beach, bath and hand towels are supplied so you can travel light and of course bed linen Bikes & cot are also available to rent. We can book all activities for you.