French Manoir with 6 en-suite bedrooms offers comfort, style, privacy and space
MANOIR LES GAILLARDOUX, a Manoir for all seasons with year round comfort, offers you the opportunity to celebrate life all year round, 'en famille' or with friends...
In summer by the heated pool and sharing French conviviality in the local street markets; at Christmas and New Year with log fires in the chimney; at the height of the Black Truffle season from December to March, or simply enjoying the spectacular colours of autumn and spring - our thoroughly comfortable Manoir, the generous gastronomic delights of the area and the authenticity of this rural part of SW France combine to provide an epicurean retreat...
... A retreat which British author Oscar Reynard enjoyed for several months while writing a large part of his book “A Clean Pair of Hands” published in June 2013.
THE SUCCESS OF YOUR HOLIDAY IS IMPORTANT TO US ! We plan ahead of your needs, so that we can respond positively and help you make your stay at Manoir Les Gaillardoux not only meet, but exceed your lifestyle expectation.
WE INVITE YOU to sample the charm of our Manoir...
Thinking of Summer ?
Imagine a stone-built 17th/18th Century Manoir - about 500 m2 of stylish comfort, with tall windows, tiled floors, large fireplaces and wooden beams, impressive stone staircase from cellars to attic - set in its own secluded and private 1.25 hectares of park and orchard in sunny rural SW France: Welcome to Manoir Les Gaillardoux in the heart of the Quercy Blanc!
Come and enjoy its salt water heated swimming pool, the comfort of its 6 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, the cool space of its 3 lounges and the charm of dining under the stars on its spacious elevated terrace... or a stroll in the park listening to the nightingales.
Can you already feel the warm breeze under the trees, the singing of the birds and the buzzing of the bees in the lavender? Time for a cool drink? The American fridge-freezer will dispense cool water or ice cubes just when you want them. Fancy an easy grill? The large Australian BBQ awaits you on the terrace. Don the big apron and show your mastery! The local butcher and the farms around supply excellent meat and poultry, the street markets abound with fresh produce and local delicacies. After all, you are in a gastronomic heaven and the kingdom of the Malbec wines!
Or, if you prefer, we can arrange for a cook or a Chef to come and bring the local gastronomy to your table... A festive end to a happy day... Our generously equipped kitchen is of gourmet cook standard - so why not be the 'gourmet' and hire the cook? you are on holiday!
Don’t worry about the washing up: there is a double dishwasher in the kitchen and we can also provide housekeeping help. Just come and relax!
Coming early in the season and dreaming of a log fire?
Just look at our spacious dining room and the log piles outside the door: nothing easier than creating a cosy atmosphere, with candles on the long walnut refectory-style table and matching sideboard, and dimmed lights under the beams. A little music from the Bose music centre, too, perhaps? Create your favourite ambiance... And when dinner is over, how about a game of billiards or pool?
Equipped to welcome up to 12 guests in style and comfort...
Manoir Les Gaillardoux is centrally heated and warm in winter, cool in summer and comfortable in all seasons. It offers space and privacy: the 60 m2 Master bedroom suite has a large bedroom with double bed, boudoir, dressing room and en-suite bathroom with double washbasin, large shower, Jacuzzi bath and separate WC. A further five bedrooms, each with en-suite shower room (WC, double washbasin, shower) with plenty of storage space for personal toiletry. Hair-dryer in each bedroom suite, bath and pool towels supplied and the beds are made as double or twins to suit your needs, of course.
The two living rooms, the Grand Salon (drawing room) and the Petit Salon, are spacious and bright, and there is comfortable seating for at least twelve guests in the drawing room – an ideal atmosphere for a cosy winter get-together or a smaller intimate party. And, let’s not forget the billiard room, also with a second TV and DVD player.
The Manoir offers entertainment for all the family: LCD wide screen satellite TV with DVD player, quality music centre, billiard room with further TV and DVD, and wireless broadband internet access.
Remember: Manoir Les Gaillardoux sits in its own 1.25 hectares (3 acres) of park and orchard, offering space and privacy, and areas of shade and sunshine for play or relaxation.
There are “boules” to play “petanque” in the courtyard and our large, partly-walled salt water heated swimming pool faces south and can be enjoyed from spring to October. Suitable for children, with steps and a gentle slope leading to diving depth, the pool has a sound ringing security alarm but is not fenced. Sun loungers for everyone, with cushions and some sunshades for your comfort are arranged on a stone paved terrace around the pool.
If you like the charm of old stone buildings, then you will also love our large coach house, barn and round 'pigeonnier' – all fine examples of the local architecture. You can see more pictures on www.ManoirLesGaillardoux.com
But Manoir Les Gaillardoux is only part of the story... your home base from which to explore the Quercy Blanc... and that is another happy story! A story which the information in the Welcome Book we have compiled for our guests will help you turn into your very own Happy Holiday Memories! Bonnes Vacances!
Top Traveller Review
review of Manoir Gaillardoux
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
This house is exceptionally beautiful. The furnishings and maintenance are impeccable and it is both elegant and comfortable. The owner went out of her way to help us with every aspect of our stay, and was exceptionally generous with her time in providing information about the house and area prior to and throughout our stay. In this region of France I cannot imagine a more perfect place to stay.
Guest gave 5 star rating.
1 holidaymaker review
review of Manoir Gaillardoux
"In July, 2011, our group of family and friends spent two very happy weeks at this lovely house in a beautiful and unspoiled part of France. All of the rooms are large, well furnished and equipped, including the kitchen. There are two large refrigerators and two automatic washing machines. Most importantly the beds are comfortable. Our party of 8 had more than enough room for everyone never to feel at all crowded. Overlooking the garden and the fields beyond is a spacious patio, equipped with two big tables, huge umbrellas, and a first class gas barbeque. At the front there is a large swimming pool. The Manoir, about ten minutes south of beautiful Cahors, is situated in bucolic splendour on a large property looking out upon working farms and the hilltop town of Montdoumerc. Scores of wine estates are nearby, many offering tastings and restaurants. Many great sights and weekly markets are within an easy drive. We all had a great time."
Activity and Interests
Discover Midi-Pyrenees and particularly the Lot region.
The scenic Causses du Quercy Blanc are an elevated limestone plateau with extended views over a rolling hilly and wooded landscape. The area enjoys a sunny, dry climate with mild spring and autumn weather yet relief from extreme summer heat, making it possible to live outdoors for a large part of the year.
The Quercy region is sparsely populated and is well-known for its picturesque medieval villages, many of which have shops, cafés, restaurants and traditional street markets. If you have a sophisticated palate you will find much to delight you in the local delicacies, such as the rare black truffle and the goose and duck “foies gras” which can be enjoyed at a number of restaurants for all occasions within easy reach of the Manoir. The Lot is also well known for the “black wines” of Cahors. Most of the local chateaux and vineyards welcome visitors for guided tours and wine tasting.
We can help you organise a Gastronomic Discovery Programme to suit your taste.
The area around Manoir Les Gaillardoux is a lively centre of cultural and sports activities based around its rivers, pre-historic caves, gastronomy, vineyards, villages and history.
Our Welcome Book contains lots of information to help our guests make the most of their holiday, enjoy the local folklore and activities - and of course taste the local gastronomy and Malbec wines.
The Quercy boasts a rich architectural heritage and a wide range of cultural activities: spectacular cliff-top fortresses and historical remains; at Cahors, Pont Valentré, the magnificent medieval bridge, and the 11thC cathedral; the stunning 15thC Chateau de Cieurac near Lalbenque, and the medieval village of Saint-Cirq-Lapopie to name but a few, all of which are less than a half hour drive from the Manoir. The limestone geology throughout Périgord and Quercy has resulted in series of caves with stunning pre-historical cave paintings which are open to the public.
With spectacular sculptured rocky landscapes, the wide river valley of the Lot and smaller rivers like the shallow Célé attract water sports lovers for boat hire, fishing, canoeing, swimming and picnicking. The area also provides opportunities for cycling, walking, caving and golf, as well as adrenaline-raising activities such as Go-karting, sightseeing flights, parachuting and gliding at the nearby Aerodrome of Lalbenque.
The Manoir is located just 16 km south of Cahors and is easy to find: less than 2 km from the N20, and 8 km from the Cahors South junction of the A20 motorway, part of the Paris to the Pyrenees network of motorways.
For guests coming by train, Cahors station (on the main line from Paris to Toulouse and beyond) is 16 km away. Toulouse Blagnac International Airport is just over an hour by road (motorway). The low cost airlines fly into Toulouse airport and into Bergerac airport which is less than two hours away, and for private flyers, Lalbenque private aerodrome is just 5 km away. Car rental is available in Cahors and from Toulouse Airport or Station. Local taxis and mini coaches available for booking in advance.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£1,000|
Our weekly fee includes thorough cleaning of the interior of the Manoir before your arrival and after departure + all beds made + a generous weekly supply of bath and pool towels + weekly cleaning for multiple week rentals + weekly supply of fresh towels and change of bedding. Also laundry washing products and other everyday necessities… Optional extra services available by prior arrangement, including cooking and airport collection. Please ask for details and quote.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- chateau / country house
- Away From It All
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Filtered Water
- Fireplace ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking ...
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Ice Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- 490 m²
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, En-suite with bedroom. Double wash basins + storage space
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, En-suite with bedroom. Double wash basins + storage space
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, En-suite with bedroom. Double wash basins + storage space
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, En-suite with bedroom. Double wash basins + storage space
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, En-suite with bedroom. Double wash basins + storage space
- Bathroom 7 - Shower Enclosure, with washbasin. Accessible from swimming pool and garden.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Jacuzzi, En-suite with Master. Jacuzzi/spa bath and separate shower.
- In all, Manoir Les Gaillardoux has 8 WCs (6 en-suite with bedrooms and 2 cloakrooms with washbasin), 7 shower rooms (also with jacuzzi bath in the Master bedroom suite). The 7th shower room is off the laundry room and easily accessible from the swimming pool and garden. We supply ample quantities of hand, bath and pool towels and change them weekly on Saturdays. Should there be the need to wash any in-between, there are 2 Miele washing machines and a dryer in the laundry room. The washbasins are sitting on large shelves with another shelf below, to give plenty of storage space for personal toiletries. We supply a hair-dryer in each bedroom suite. Windows and good ventilation in all en-suite bathrooms/shower rooms. Controllable electric towel dryers in each en-suite shower room, for our guests' convenience. There is a separate shower room with washbasin and separate WC/cloakroom on the ground floor, easily accessible from the swimming pool or the garden.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, En-suite
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, En-suite. Beds can be made as 2 singles or 1 large double
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, En-suite. Beds can be made as 2 singles or 1 large double
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, En-suite. Beds can be made as 2 singles or 1 large double
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, En-suite. Beds can be made as 2 singles or 1 large double
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed, En-suite. Beds can be made as 2 singles or 1 large double
- Manoir Les Gaillardoux's Master suite is about 60 m2 and comprises a large double bedroom, a boudoir, a dressing room, a bathroom with double wash basins, large shower and a jacuzzi bath, separate en-suite WC with further washbasin. In this bedroom, the bed is a large double bed. There are tall windows to the East, South and North with view over the park and rolling countryside . The other 5 double bedrooms, each have their own en-suite shower room, each comprising double washbasins, large showers and WC. Each of these bedrooms has 2 large single beds, which can be linked to make an extra-large double bed or kept apart as 2 single beds. Beds are made for our guests prior to their arrival. All linen and towels (including for the pool) are supplied and changed weekly. The Manoir is thoroughly cleaned before arrival and after departure. These and the weekly clean on Saturdays are also included in the rental fee. A cot and child high chair are available on request.
- Deck Chairs
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Veranda ...
- Tennis ...
- Wood Decking
- 1 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Cook, chef, maid services can be provided for a fee. The kitchen is a 'gourmet kitchen', with easy to use quality equipment and manuals to help with initial use. The Manoir is equipped for comfortable dining, indoors in the dining room, or outside on the terrace - and generally for comfortable and gracious living. Our Welcome Book is full of useful addresses to help our guests orientate themselves quickly and make the most of their holiday. Local activities are communicated weekly. Taxi service and people carriers can be arranged to and from airports and restaurants. The well furnished heated salt water swimming pool is a favourite spot with our guests. It is open from mid-May to mid-October. Sometimes longer, weather permitting. The large garden offers areas of shade and sunshine for play or relaxation and, depending on the season, our guests can help themselves to fruits from our trees: cherries, plums, figs, walnuts, apples...