Sleeps 6 - four bedrooms, double bed, double sofa bed & two single-bedded rooms
Just minutes walk from Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station, this is a spacious traditional town house with a prize-winning city garden. Spread over four floors, it has been carefully restored as a comfortable family house while maintaining all the historic atmosphere of it's 1830s origin.
The area, designed by Thomas Cubitt, the renowned Victorian architect of Belgravia, is dotted with interesting restaurants & typical English pubs. The House of Parliament, the Tate Gallery and the River Thames are all within short walks. Trafalgar Square, the West End Theatre District and the up-market shopping area of Knightsbridge are walkable and Victoria Station with it's world-wide travel links is about five minutes away. Just about all of London's tourist attractions are with in hiking distance or a short cab hop at the most. When the windows are open, Big Ben can be heard gently booming in the background. It is urban life at it's best, don't miss the full London experience.
Within an easy walk to two major supermarkets, the house is amazingly convenient for a short visit to London where a tourist can live like a Londoner and see all the sights without having to try too hard.
There is local colour - an outdoor market, typical English pubs and a dizzying choice of restaurants all within five minutes walk. Learn how to use the tube - we will help - use buses to observe the city at work and play, walk through Belgravia, the up-market 18th century district, to Knightsbridge for thrilling window shopping and Harrods. Absorb London's character in whatever direction you go .
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(18 traveller reviews)
We had a great time here and highly recommend it. Two best features of the house are (1) the lovely private back garden, and (2) the very central location. You can walk to Westminster Abbey, Hyde Park, the West End, Chelsea. Excellent food shopping and restaurants are close by.
What a nice house!!!
Few times you arrive to a place which fells like home. Colin's house is just that place! Bigger than expected, full of great little places to be and relax, with superb taste, great decoration, confortable, well equipped, so British!. And the location in London is perfect!
I have no doubts: if we return to London, we are arriving at Colin's!
Maison typique Anglaise, tres bien située et tres agréable
Super sejour dans cette maison typiquement Anglaise sur 4 étages proche de Victoria Station.
Supermarché et restaurants tout proches.
Maison tres propre avec de tres bonnes literies et des salles d'eau à chaque étage.
Cuisine tres pratique et conviviale.
Accueil tres sympa de la part de Ana en l'absence des proprietaires.
bellissima vacanza in un a bella casa
accoglienza perfetta, Ana gentilissima, i proprietari esaudienti e precisi, casa tipica Londinese e come tutte queste case unico neo i bagni molto piccoli ma nell'insieme una perfetta vacanza , Grazie
This lovely home is located a short walk from Victoria station, blocks away from 2 grocery stores. There are lots of pubs and restaurants nearby.
We had nice weather so we were able to take advantage of the lovely flower-filled garden equipped with table and chairs.
The kitchen is well equipped and we made use of the convenient washer and dryer. The beds and sleeping areas were quite comfortable.
One problem we had was that the third floor shower never really worked. After letting it run for about 10 minutes we never got more than a cold drip, leaving us with just one shower for our entire group. We worked that out by staggering our showers times and there were ample toilets and sinks. Also, the house is very dated but clean and comfortable.
We were met by Ana who was extremely friendly and accommodating (we arrived late, about 6pm). Colin made us feel comfortable with the arrangements and he was in close contact prior to our arrival.
Great place to stay
This house was exactly as advertised. Clean and immaculately presented. We wanted somewhere central yet quiet and "typical" of London; this house certainly met all our criteria and we felt very much at home with ample space to relax after a day around town. Close to both Pimlico and Victoria tube stations we were able to visit all around the centre of London with ease. Everything was just right! An absolutely classic London house which is a credit to the owners, who incidentally, were extremely helpful and accommodating. Highly recommended.
Activity and Interests
The house is in Pimlico, an area of largely four-floored brick and stucco town houses which were built in the 1830s to the design of Thomas Cubitt who had already been very successful in developing Belgravia, the adjoining area to the North. It is also bounded by the River Thames on the South & Chelsea and Westminster to the West and East. It's great attraction is that although it is predominately residential, it is extremely central and remarkably well linked to the transport system.
The streets are built on a grid system and are extremely pleasant to walk around especially at night when it is possible to get glimpses of the often beautiful interiors of these historic houses. You will soon come to the impressive River Thames or if your walk takes you in the other direction you will happen on the beautiful St James's Park in front of Buckingham Palace. A further stroll through Horseguards Parade will take you to the Banqueting Hall, Downing Street and the House of Parliament.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2017 - 17 Apr 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
5 Aug 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
This is an all in rent. There are no further charges. Linens and towels will be provided.
A booking will be secured by the payment of a 25 per cent deposit by credit card online with the balance being due 60 days before the tenancy.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Tourist Attractions
- Alarm Clock
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Paper Towels
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Room
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
- Books for Kids
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- not suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- city centre
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- gambling casinos
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- roller blading
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Toilet, shower & handbasin
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Bath & handbasin
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Toilet and handbasin
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Toilet, shower & handbasin
- These are all small rooms which comprise a bathroom and basin en suite with main bedroom and a separate WC and shower on the same floor. On the ground floor there is a separate toilet with a hand basin and at basement level there is a shower room with a handbasin and toilet. It adds up to a bath, two showers, three toilets and four hand basins.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, Double Sofa Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Single Bed, Single
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Single Bed, Singlle
- The top floor bedroom with a double bed has an en suite bath and private toilet. The ground floor bedroom is small with a single bed. It has a toilet beside it and a shower on the floor below. The third bedroom has a sofa bed which sleeps two. There is a toilet on this floor and a shower on the floor below. The fourth bedroom is divided from the third by the original double doors.
- 6 garden chairs
- This is an old house with loads of character which was restored as near as possible to it's original state. It has a traditional L-shaped first floor sitting room with original window shutters, fireplaces & a Juliet balcony. Furnished throughout with antiques, it is spacious, light & very friendly. The basement is made up of a dining room, eat-in kitchen and a relaxing patio with a heavily planted & colourful garden and a tiny raised love patio. This small but beautiful garden has twice won the Chelsea Garden Guild first Prize for Best Small Garden & once for Best Over-all garden as well. The ground floor has a small bedroom, a TV room with a sofa bed and double doors to a small sitting room. The next floor up is entirely given over to the L-shaped sitting room which can be divided in two by closing the inter-communicating double doors. The top floor has the main double bedroom bathroom facilities - bath, shower, toilet & two hand basins - and one locked room.