10 Persons, 5 Beds, 5 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms
A Luxurious Apartment in an unspoilt and idyllic Italian setting!
This apartment is the ideal choice for large parties of friends and family who wish to stay in a luxurious Apartment which is situated in an authentic and timeless Italian village yet is within easy reach of the Lakeshore and just a short drive from the cosmopolitan city of Como.
Situated in the charming and very romantic medieval village of Faggeto Lario on the unspoilt eastern lakeshore of Lake Como close to Como city, this beautiful Apartment has been furnished to a luxurious finish throughout.
On entering this apartment, a spacious and stylish slate tiled open plan living area greets guests.
The contemporary fully-fitted kitchen provides the ideal place to home-cook for dinner parties, with a cupboard area, dishwasher and Oven to one wall and a free standing island unit with sink, hob and preparation area situated in the centre of the kitchen.
A contemporary long dining table with stylish seating accompanies the kitchen and a spacious and luxurious living area offers the ideal place to relax and unwind, with a 4 piece modernist leather suite and TV and DVD player.
This apartment offers versatile and very comfortable sleeping accommodation for up to 10 guests, with 3 luxurious and individually styled double bedrooms and 2 further stylish bedrooms with separate twin single beds.
The apartment also features 3 newly fitted high quality bathrooms which have been beautifully finished throughout and which feature all the desired sanitary ware.
Outside the apartment guests can enjoy its sunny garden with terrace and a shared communal swimming pool with 4 other apartments! We would like to advise our guests that large vehicle access is difficult down the steep cobbled driveway and that pedestrian access for elderly guests may be difficult.
POOL OPENING TIMES ~ 15th May - 30th Sept
Exploring the village of Faggeto Lario guests will find many fascinating buildings, ancient piazzas, medieval passageways and romantic churches.
The village provides some basic amenities for residents including a delicatessen, restaurant and cafe/bar. Due to its hillside location a car is essential for convenience and ease of movement to the lakefront and the other nearby towns.
The charming and very pretty lakefront is just a short drive away by car from the village and features many pretty harbours and local beauty spots. The cosmopolitan city of Como can be reached by car in less than 25 minutes and provides a wide variety of cafes, bars, restaurants, boutique shops, galleries and tourist sites such as the famous Duomo, the elegant Villa Olmo, the Volta museum and the funicular railway.
About the Manager
Guestbook comments from the owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
(1 traveller reviews)
Amazing view but a few disappointing issues
Firstly, the view here was amazing! We were able to see so much of the lake. It also had a little restaurant/bar a short walk away (up the driveway which allowed us to get some exercise) which was excellent as well as a trattoria a little further up some cobbled steps. The driveway, whilst steep and narrow was part of its charm and added to the experience.
The layout of the apartments was also quite good as they surrounded the pool making it quite social.
The apartment also had a lot of childrens toys and cutlery which for us as a large group travelling with children was particularly handy and much appreciated.
Unfortunately, there were a number of issues which were disappointing:
1. The washing machine did not work despite repeated requests to fix - we were there with three very young children and had to hand wash every night in the bathroom basin
2. The bath didnt drain properly so children had to be bathed in the bathroom sink-not a complete drama but difficult considering their ages (10 months, 14 months and 3 years)
3. Wifi whilst prepaid was non existent - when we followed up with the property management, were advised wifi is not possible to get in Como (?). They did refund us our prepayment when we notified them.
4. The hot water was insufficient for the number of people who were allowed to stay there - we continuosly had to be resetting the system. Also the water pressure was often quite poor.
5. The cleanliness left a little to be desired - in one of the rooms there were cobwebs all around the window, and the main floor looked like it needed a good mop.
6. There was a damp smell in the lower levels (four of the bedrooms). The apartment is partially underground due to the landscape, however 2 of the bedrooms often needed airing.
Activity and Interests
Exploring the village of Faggeto Lario guests will find many fascinating buildings, ancient Piazzas, medieval passageways and romantic churches.
The village provides some basic amenities for residents including a delicatessen, Restaurant and Cafe/Bar. Due to its hillside location a car is essential for convenience and ease of movement to the lake front and the other nearby towns.
The charming and very pretty Lake front is just a short drive away by car from the village and features many pretty harbours and local beauty spots. The cosmopolitan city of Como can be reached by car in less than 25 minutes and provides a wide variety of cafes, bars, restaurants, boutique shops, galleries and tourist sites such as the famous Duomo, the elegant Villa Olmo, the Volta museum and the funicular tram.
Additional Sport & Adventure Activities include:
Bike Rentals, Boat Rentals/Charters, Canoeing/Kayaking, Float Plane/Helicopter, Funicular Railway, Park, Public Transportation, Public Villas & Gardens and Rowing Boats.
There are Golf clubs around Lake Como, the nearest one to the property is:
Golf Club Villa D'Este Via per Cantù, 22030 Montorfano, Como.
A beautiful 18-hole course designed by Peter Gannon which winds its way through chestnut, ash and pine trees sheltering golfers even from the intense August heat. Villa d'Este is considered one of the most challenging and difficult par 69's in Europe, even though it is the site of several amateur competitions each year. The club house overlooks several holes and a spacious view of the Montorfano lake.
This beautiful lake region of Italy is not the best for skiing as you may imagine, despite its scenery, crisp air and near perfect visibilty and mountains capped in winter snow. It does however have Skiing opportunities at local resorts for a day out.
There is a small ski area on Mt. Lema, not more than 10 km from Lugano, but you have to be lucky to have enough snow for skiing. In Ticino, the local Swiss Canton, the best places to ski are probably either San Bernardino (south of the pass of the same name) or Airolo (south of Gotthard pass). Both are reachable in about 1 hour by car across the Swiss border.
There are direct trains to Airolo as well from Lugano and hence from Italian Stations. To S. Bernardino there is only a bus connection. For more snow try Andermatt (on the north side of Gotthard pass) which has normally good snow conditions and a good choice of runs.
The closest major ski resorts are St. Moritz and Madesimo toward the Splugen Pass which is approx.100km
- Service Charge:
Our one & two weekly service charges are inclusive of final cleaning, bed linen, towels, heating, utilities & air-conditioning (if installed in the holiday property). Tea towels & beach towels are not supplied. If your booking is for more than one week, clean linen & towels will be provided on a weekly basis.
Additional Service Charge: €145 (7 days & less) & €175 (7 days plus).
2 night break - 50% off weekly tariff / 3 night break - 40% off weekly tariff / 4 night break - 30% off weekly tariff / 5 night break - 20% off weekly tariff / 6 night break - 10% off weekly tariff.
- Available arrival
- Tourist Attractions
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- 190 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The apartment also features 3 newly fitted high quality bathrooms which have been beautifully finished throughout and which feature all the desired sanitary ware.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed
- This apartment offers versatile and very comfortable sleeping accommodation for up to 10 guests, with 3 luxurious and individually styled double bedrooms and 2 further stylish bedrooms with separate twin single beds.
- Outside the villa guests can enjoy its sunny garden with terrace and communal swimming pool! We would like to advise our guests that large vehicle access is difficult down the steep cobbled driveway and that pedestrian access for elderly guests may be difficult. Additional features & facilities at the property include: Electric Kettle, Lake & Mountain views, Laundry Facilities, On Hillside, Outside Dining Area, Private Parking Space, Quiet Location and Shared Pool.