Stylish Penthouse apartment to sleep 6 just 2 minutes walk from town centre
This apartment (ID 169) offers luxurious living in a private lake view Residence situated in an elevated position in the beautiful resort town of Menaggio, one of Lake Como’s most desirable towns.
This stylish and newly modernised Penthouse apartment situated at the top floor, offers spacious accommodation throughout, with a well proportioned and light Open plan Living and Dining room with beautifully laid wooden flooring and high ceilings. Luxury leather sofas are provided as well as a flat screen Satellite TV with DVD Player. An Open plan luxury fully-fitted kitchen provides all the desired appliances necessary to create memorable Italian dishes during your self-catering holiday as well as the outside Terrace which offers outdoors Dining with a family BBQ.
Stand with a glass of wine and take in the impressive Lake Views which will leave you and your guests in awe!
The accommodation can comfortably accommodate up to 6 guests, with 2 Double Bedrooms and a large third Bedroom with twin single beds. This apartment offers wardrobes in each Bedroom as well as bedlinen and bath towels.
Two modern Bathrooms also feature in the property, and one of which boasts a luxury Jacuzzi hot tub ideal for guests who want to unwind!
This apartment offers a small private parking space and is ideally suited if your party prefer public transport instead, being just a 2 minute’s walk from the town centre, where a frequent Bus and Ferry service operates.
Please note that the apartment has a staircase.
By booking this holiday home you will get free acces to the lido di Menaggio. The Lido di Menaggio has swimming pools, a restaurant, a bar/discotheque, a kids club, boat rentals, a sandy beach, kite surfing and various sportive activities to do.
Menaggio is a picturesque village nestled in a convenient central position on the lake. It is a historical lake side town with many quaint neighbourhoods which extend north along the lake and up into the green hills and valleys. Menaggio offers stunningly beautiful views of Lake Como and the majestic mountains which surround it overlooked by the Alps to the North.
There is a fine selection of restaurants, delis, fresh grocers and of course delicious gelato and pizza! To keep you moving and fit while on vacation: play a round of golf at the infamous Menaggio & cadenabbia Golf Club, mini golf, hiking trails, mountain biking, free climbing, swimming and a new orienteering field all located in stunning locations -these are just a few possibilities offered to you in and around Menaggio. There is a museum dedicated to Leonardo da Vinci at the new “Lido Giardino” and in the Val Senagra Park, a museum featuring the value of antique buildings, artisan and peasant objects and creations. Other culturally rich events including music, fireworks, public markets and local festivals are to be enjoyed.
Menaggio’s tourist office is situated in the main square, Piazza Garibaldi, offers a great deal of information detailing what’s going on in and around the lakes, sightseeing, history and sporting activities.
Outdoor activities abound in this area and are very popular with holiday makers.An 18 hole golf course, mountain biking, water skiing and lots of other sports are all here to be enjoyed by you and your family.
About the Manager
Guestbook comments from the manager
• Communication whilst selecting a property and following our booking was excellent – we were given clear instructions regarding the pick-up of keys and tips for our stay.
• Members of staff in the office were friendly and welcoming and the lift to the property was very much appreciated.
• The property itself is excellent and much larger than it appears in the photos. We really enjoyed using the terrace and dining areas and found the apartment to be well equipped.
• The location of the property is great – only a short stroll into town. However, it can be hard to find from the road if travelling by hire car or taxi and, as such, some sort of signage on the external gate could be useful.
• When we arrived at the property the terrace was dirty following bad weather, however, this was quickly resolved by the cleaning team within an hour of arrival.
Activity and Interests
Menaggio is a beautiful lakeside resort town featuring a romantic promenade and bustling Piazza as well as offering a wide variety of amenities including supermarkets, banks, bars, restaurants and boutique Designer shops. There is also children’s play area, Mini Golf and the popular ‘Lido di Menaggio’ with its Swimming pools, park, Pizza Restaurant and lakeside beach.
During the summer the area boasts fantastic opportunities for many activities including mountain biking, cycling, horse riding, walking, many water sports including kite surfing, fishing, tennis, and of course golf at the historic Mennagio & Cadenabbia Golf Club. The Ferries run from Menaggio to both the North and South of Lake Come making it an ideal centre for sightseeing. The lovely lakeside and harbour have many cafes where you can sit and relax while watch the world go by.
Golf: There are Golf clubs around Lake Como: The Cadenabbia & Menaggio Golf Club and is Italy's oldest golf course. Established in 1907 with 18 holes Par 70, it is located above Menaggio near Croce, in Grandola ed Uniti, approx. 20 min. by car. Tel: +39 344 321 03. Green Fees: Weekdays ���55, Weekends and Holidays €70 Euros; Golf Cart Rental €36.
Restaurant Golf at the club serves fantastic food and is well recommended.. Guests are always welcome, please call beforehand to check course rules. Golf Club Menaggio: (Menaggio Como).
Ski: This beautiful lake region of Italy is not the best for skiing as you may imagine, despite its scenery, crisp air and near perfect visibilty and mountains capped in winter snow. It does however have Skiing opportunities at local resorts for a day out.
There is a small ski area on Mt. Lema, not more than 10 km from Lugano, but you have to be lucky to have enough snow for skiing. In Ticino, the local Swiss Canton, the best places to ski are probably either San Bernardino (south of the pass of the same name) or Airolo (south of Gotthard pass). Both are reachable in about 1 hour by car across the Swiss border.
There are direct trains to Airolo as well from Lugano and hence from Italian Stations. To S. Bernardino there is only a bus connection. For more snow try Andermatt (on the north side of Gotthard pass) which has normally good snow conditions and a good choice of runs.
The closest major ski resorts are St. Moritz and Madesimo toward the Splugen Pass which is approx. 100K
- Service Charge:
Our one & two weekly service charges are inclusive of final cleaning, bed linen, towels, heating, utilities & air-conditioning (if installed in the holiday property). Tea towels & beach towels are not supplied. If your booking is for more than one week, clean linen & towels will be provided on a weekly basis.
Additional Service Charge: €130 (7 days & less) & €160 (7 days plus).
3 night break - 40% off weekly tariff / 4 night break - 30% off weekly tariff / 5 night break - 20% off weekly tariff / 6 night break - 10% off weekly tariff.
- Available arrival
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- botanical garden
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- 120 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Jacuzzi, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Two modern Bathrooms also feature in the property, and one of which boasts a luxury Jacuzzi hot tub ideal for guests who want to unwind!
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- The accommodation can comfortably accommodate up to 6 guests, with 2 Double Bedrooms and a large third Bedroom with twin single beds. This apartment offers wardrobes in each Bedroom as well as bedlinen and bath towels.
- Two modern Bathrooms also feature in the property, and one of which boasts a luxury Jacuzzi hot tub ideal for guests who want to unwind! This apartment offers a private parking space and is ideally suited if your party prefer public transport instead, being just a 2 minute’s walk from the town centre, where a frequent Bus and Ferry service operates. By booking this holiday home you will get free acces to the lido di Menaggio. The Lido di Menaggio has swimming pools, a restaurant, a bar/discotheque, a kids club, boat rentals, a sandy beach, kite surfing and various sportive activities to do.