4 Bedroom villa to sleep 8 in Keurboomstrand, near Plettenberg Bay
Cleverly designed to take maximum advantage of its stunning location and year-round sunshine, the house is the last word in elegant simplicity. From the huge frame less fold-back doors and free-flow living/dining areas, to the sparkling rim-flow swimming pool and intimate Jacuzzi area, this property unquestionably has the ‘wow’ factor. The furnishings and finishes are of the highest quality and the home entertainment system (including two LCD flat screen TVs, DVD and hi-fi) are state-of-the art. The Oceanside deck and gardens are fringed by indigenous fynbos and feature an impressive rim flow pool and outside shower. There’s a private board walk to the pristine Keurbooms beach, and an impressive rooftop observation deck complete with seating, so you can watch schools of playful dolphins all year round. The sheltered courtyard to the front catches the sun all year round and includes comfortable seating, shade from a milk wood tree and a jacuzzi. Ideal for relaxing in peace.
Bicycles, Golf Clubs, Balls and Pool Games available.
Maid Service Monday, Wednesday and Friday (additional days on request.)
About the Owner
About Paul Turner
Hi My name is Paul Turner,I am British and am married to Carrie and we have 3 grown up children at University and working in London and Cape Town.I fell in Love with South Africa in 1999 when I visited and entered the Argus Bike Ride.3 years later after a magnificent family holiday we bought a house in Cape Town and have been regular visitors ever since. We bought the land on Keurboomstrand, near Plettenberg Bay in 2006 and developed plans to build our dream house over the next 2 years.We started building in January 2008 and and the house was ready for us to move in just before Xmas the same year. The location is breathtaking and we have tried to build a home that reflects the magnificent natural beauty of its location whilst offering all the facilities and modern conveniences that we and our guests enjoy. We are proud of the finished house which has become our 'Home By The Sea,a name inspired by one of my favourites bands Genesis.We are never happier than when we are staying at the house, the views are simply stunning, the Whales visit in season and Dolphins all year round.Our Guests love staying at our home and we love it too. We used a local builder, architects and wherever possible local materials, fixtures and fittings.Our wonderful maid Clarice is always on hand to help make our guests stay as comfortable as possible.You are welcome to experience this incredible place to stay in beautiful South Africa.
Paul Turner purchased this villa in 2008
Why Paul Turner chose Western Cape
Home By The Sea is the perfect place to relax and leave the world behind and to explore the beautiful garden route. The house is modern with the modern luxuries required to make your valuable holiday enjoyable. The views are simply breathtaking and there is a sense of privacy and feeling close to nature. The back is reached via a private walkway and you can walk for hours or just sit on the dunes and watch the dolphins all year long and the Whales in season. The rim flow pool is solar heated and lovely and warm in the summer and you can enjoy sundowners on the roof with a panoramiv view of the entire Plettenberg Bay.
What makes this villa unique
Magnificent views, Wonderful and friendly Maid Clarice, Modern, Stylish interior, Golf Clubs and Bikes available plus Pool and Beach toys and games. Many great video classics to watch, DSTV so you never have to miss your favourite team.Outside Fire with Ocean views.
From the Owner
“Home By The Sea is the perfect place to relax and leave the world behind and to explore the beautiful garden route. The house is modern with the modern luxuries required to make your valuable holiday enjoyable. The views are simply breathtaking and there is a sense of privacy and feeling close to nature. The back is reached via a private walkway and you can walk for hours or just sit on the dunes and watch the dolphins all year long and the Whales in season. The rim flow pool is solar heated and lovely and warm in the summer and you can enjoy sundowners on the roof with a panoramiv view of the entire Plettenberg Bay.”
Activity and Interests
As a province of South Africa, the Western Cape, recognize as one of the most beautiful places on earth, draws millions of visitors each year and Keurboomstrand, and nearby Plettenberg Bay sit at the heart of it, on the world-renowned Garden Route
The location is perfect as you can have the privacy and tranquility of the untouched beach, while still enjoying the convenience of nearby Plettenberg Bay.
Plett and the surrounding area have excellent shopping facilities and an array of fantastic eateries from gourmet restaurants to pubs and cafes.
The Garden Route itself offers a vast number of activites, from adrenaline fueled Bungy Jumps, biking and surfing, to Safaris and Elephant Sanctuaries.
Excellent golf courses at Plettenberg Bay, Goose Valley, Pezula, Simola, Knysna, & George are all within easy reach and two sets of golf clubs are available at the house.
There is so much to do if you are so inclined or of course you can just rest and relax!
Other Activities: Worlds Highest Bungy Jump, Safari, Elephant Sanctuary, Kayaking
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
15 Jan 2017 - 30 Apr 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 May 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
A 30% deposit secures the booking with the full balance due 1 month prior to arrival.Full terms and conditions will be sent at the time of booking.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“Magnificent views, Wonderful and friendly Maid Clarice, Modern, Stylish interior, Golf Clubs and Bikes available plus Pool and Beach toys and games. Many great video classics to watch, DSTV so you never have to miss your favourite team.Outside Fire with Ocean views.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Daily Maid Service
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- 330 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Outdoor Shower
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- On the first floor there are four beautifully appointed bedrooms. The huge master bedroom affords stunning ocean views and features a king size bed, floor-to-ceiling fold-back doors and balcony. There’s a stylish north facing en suite bathroom with shower, bath and double-sink vanity unit, plus a dressing area with ample wardrobe and storage space. Two further double bedrooms, both with en suite shower rooms and veranda, also enjoy spectacular sea views. There’s an additional twin bedroom with en suite shower that looks North across the beautiful indigenous forest. Furthermore the ground floor bar, overlooking the ocean, also features a double sofa bed and an en suite shower room and can be used as an additional sleeping area.
- Bicycles ...
- 2 bicycles
- 14 garden chairs
- The spacious ground floor features a light, airy lounge/diner with ‘pebble’ gas fire, a superbly equipped kitchen/ breakfast area and an additional utility/ laundry room. The living areas overlook the pool and ocean and lead seamlessly to the deck with its spacious eating area and intimate outdoor fireplace. Also adjoining the deck is the ground floor bar, overlooking the ocean and equipped with drinks fridge, stools and a wall-mounted LCD flat screen TV/DVD. The perfect entertainment hub for the serious party host.