3 Beautiful apartments in a Provencal house in the heart of the village
Le 111 is a traditional 18th century village house with lots of history and character. Lying in the heart of Provence, nestled between Avignon, and the Mont Ventoux, Le 111 provides quiet and authentic south of France village life while being a few minutes away from a vibrant city.
The 3 south facing apartments which bask in the glow of the Provencal sunlight are set within the grounds of the owner's estate, dating back to the eighteenth century. The large swimming pool (which is the largest in the area) is shared by the guests at le 111.
Each apartment also features a private terraced area with outdoor dining and lounging furniture. The apartments have recently undergone extensive renovation.
The apartments are walking distance from the centre of the village which has excellent bakeries, bars, restaurants, and a supermarket. There is a traditional market every Sunday morning in the centre of the village where you can buy local delicacies and souvenirs.
Le 111's location is excellent for discovering Provence. Our guests love how easy it is to get to the main sites within 30 minutes and still have time to relax by the pool.
Looking to visit markets in Provence?
At Le 111 you are close to some of the best markets in the area.
- Saint-Rémy-de-Provence has a huge market every Wednesday morning (30mins from Le 111)
- Le Thor has a traditional Provencal market every Saturday morning (10mins from Le 111)
- L'Isle sur la Sorgues has a large market with antiques and brocante (nice, pricey junk) every Sunday morning (15mins from Le 111)
- In the summer, Velleron has a huge farmers market every evening from 6pm except Sunday (10 mins from Le 111)
- Saint-Saturnin-les-Avignon has a Sunday market and it's only 2 minutes walk from the apartments.
Looking for Roman sites in Provence?
- You should not miss the Pont du Gard an aqueduct bridge that crosses the Gard River in southern France.
- Glanum is in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence at the foot of the Alpilles, it's an archaeological site with great Roman artifacts.
- Vaison la Romaine is another must see if you are looking for Roman artifacts in Provence.
Looking for Medieval sites in Provence?
- The Palais de Papes in Avignon is a must see. Avignon became the home to the popes in 1309.
- Officially called “Pont St. Bénézet” the Bridge is more commonly known as the Pont d’Avignon - a must see and make sure you dance 'sur la pont d'avignon'!
- Chartreuse is in Villeneuve-lez-Avignon - built between 14th and 16th century the magnificent site is made up of 3 cloisters, chapels, and beautiful gardens.
Looking for Cultural events in Provence?
- The Avignon Theatre Festival (Festival d'Avignon) is every July. The whole city is transformed into 100s of theatres; cafes, restaurants, schools, colleges, garages, any space big enough for a few chairs becomes a theatre. Street performers descend on the city creating an amazing buzz in the city. There are a few plays in English each year. There are also plays for children as young as 6 months.
Looking for Art in Provence?
- There are lots of art galleries in the area with international artists as well as smaller galleries featuring local artists.
Art Museums in Avignon
- Petit Palais in Avignon is just next to the Palais de Papes - it has an exceptional collection of Renaissance art.
- Musee Vouland in Avignon is a beautiful mansion with amazing 18th century design and furniture from the Louis XV and Louis XV periods.
- Musee Angladon in Avignon has 18th,19th, & 20th century art including Van-Gogh and Picasso.
- Calvet Museum in Avignon, museum of fine arts, with exceptional paintings from the 18th and 19th century.
- Collection Lambert in Avignon is a contemporary art museum showcasing photography, paintings, and installation work.
Other art sites not to miss:
- Cathédrale d’Images in Les Baux de Provence - Nestled in the heart of the Alpilles an abandoned Roman quarry is home to annual visual projections created by international artists. The place is huge, imposing, and truly magical.
- Saint-Paul Asylum, Saint-Rémy is where Van-Gogh was a self-admitted patient in 1889. The building is beautiful, and the gardens are a must see. Saint-Paul is still a working hospital and they still do art therapy. You can see a collection of the patients work in the gift shop (they are also available for purchase).
Details for holiday apartment Le 111 (3) , 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, 1 Bathroom
This place is our most popular rental. This recently refurbished apartment occupies the entire second floor of the 111 and has been repainted in vibrant Provencal tones. The room sizes are incredible, and the apartment also has its own private terrace. It is a great apartment for a couple who cherish space and light.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful holiday spot!
About the Owner
4.9 based on 21 holidaymaker reviews
Wonderful holiday spot!
The apartment was very spacious and has been furnished in impeccable taste by the owners, who are extremely helpful but also unobtrusive: if you need them, they are available quickly, but they do not hover! This apartment has the bright colors of Provence - reds and golds - giving it a very luxurious feeling, but at the same time, the ambiance is casual, perfect for a vacation apartment. A gift bottle of wine awaited us upon our arrival, a nice touch which made us feel instantly at home. Le 111 is on a quiet street in the middle of a village and is a five-minute walk to a delicious bakery to buy the best croissants and brioches I've ever eaten. Everything is within an easy drive from the village – in less than an hour in any direction heading out from St. Saturnin took us to more different places than we could visit in one day. The very large pool right outside our apartment door made us debate each day whether we wanted to go out sight-seeing or lounge by the pool! Usually we solved this dilemma by doing both: sightseeing early in the day, followed by lunch and a dip in the pool. The weather is warm enough in June to eat outside, and we did that often, using the little table and chairs so thoughtfully provided by our hosts. The week passed by far too quickly, and we are looking forward to returning at the earliest possible moment, as we felt we only scratched the surface of this wonderful corner of France.
Another fantastic holiday
This was our second visit to Le 111 and just as enjoyable as last year (although the weather wasn't as kind!).
Once again we found the apartment spotlessly clean and well equipped and with good wifi connectivity. The pool is a very welcome facility. I used the apartment as a base for cycling - Pernes les Fontaines is a 10km warm up away and from there the whole area opens up. Plenty of very good climbs in the area including the Gorges de la Nesque and the road up from Venasque over to Gordes.
The village centre of Saint Saturnin is a two minute walk away - very friendly hosts at the Bar L'Orient showered our 4 year old with lots of goodies throughout the week! There are two excellent boulangeries and the veg at the Sunday market was delicious. This year I even managed to find the massive Auchan in Avignon without too much difficulty - there's also a Leclerc about 5k away which is impossible to miss!
Highly recommend a visit to La Marguelle for dinner, traditional Provencal food and a wonderful welcome. Try and get a seat on the terrace.
Thank you Alice, we had a fantastic week and we'll be back next year!
Jon, Sharon & Aneira
Perfect location for seeing Provence
Le 111 provided the best possible blend of characteristics for us: a lovely, practical, clean, well equipped apartment, where you can live both indoors and outdoors (and park your car); a stunning, large, safe pool, perfect for proper lengths; a thoughtful owner next door who lets you get on with your stay but is always there and helpful if needed; friendly village life where you can walk to the shops and cafes; and the ideal base and focal point for trips around Provence for history and culture (Orange, Avignon, Arles), nature (Camargue, Alpilles, Luberon, Ventoux), events (festivals, Tour de France), and food!
I would recommend this property unreservedly, especially as a base for getting to know Provence, or refreshing your knowledge and experiences there - and have every intention to come back.
Great apartment in perfect location
This is our third year at Le 111 and we just love it here - it feels like our second home now! The apartment perfectly suits our needs and is always clean and well-maintained, with a beautiful pool to cool off in when the weather gets hot, which it did while we were here (high 30s all week!). St Saturnin is the perfect location for sightseeing in this wonderful part of France - there is so much to see and do, all within an hour's drive or less - L'Isles sur la Sorgues, St. Remy, Gordes, Uzes, Pont du Gard and Aix. We love being in the heart of this small town where everything you need is within walking distance. Alice, as always, plays the perfect host - there if we need anything or have any questions to ask. Another great week in our favourite part of France!
Great welcome and close to top Roman sites
We chose Le 111 because we are fascinated by the Roman civilisation. Provence has some of the best preserved and most impressive Roman remains outside central Italy. We took as our guide the website http://etc.ancient.eu/2014/08/11/10-must-see-ancient-sites-in-provence-france/ and managed to see most of them in our two week stay! we were particularly impressed by the huge aqueduct at Pont du Gard, the Roman theatre at Orange and the atmospheric roman town of Glanum close to St Remy de Provence. The new museum of antiquities in the beautiful town of Arles contains an enormous and almost perfectly preserved Roman river barge, excavated from the Rhone very recently and the only contemporary bust of Julius Caesar, also found in the Rhone in recent years.
We stayed in the upstairs apartment No 3. Everything was clean and tidy and just as set out on the website. The welcome from the owner was warm and the pool is very well kept. The village has all the facilities you need within walking distance. It has a lively community with a small Sunday market in the centre of town. There were two different festivals organised by the village during our two week stay. It is nicely placed to explore the local area. we stayed focused on Roman sites but you could equally enjoy a holiday based around great vineyards, mediaeval hill top villages or rural markets
A wonderful place!
We had a wonderful week here at the beginning of June.
The apartment is spacious and very well equipped and was spotlessly clean on our arrival. There are ample towels and dressing gowns and plenty of wardrobe and cupboard space for clothes. Despite temperatures throughout the week of mid-30's, the whole apartment remained cool as long as we remembered to close the shutters!
The pool is a real bonus and our three year old would have spent most of the week in there if we'd let her.
The village centre is a 5 minute walk away and has a choice of welcoming bars and restaurants, a small supermarket, bakeries and pharmacies. Avignon itself is around 20 minutes by car although there's also a direct train service to both the central and TGV stations.
The area is a perfect base for cycling - as well as Mont Ventoux there are numerous smaller climbs in the area and the roads are typically quiet.
A big thanks to owner Alice who provided a very warm welcome and taxi advice and was available if needed throughout our stay.
We can thoroughly recommend Le 111 and are planning a return trip for next year!
Jonathan, Sharon & Aneira
Activity and Interests
Bienvenue to the Comtat Venaissin, this southern French enclave where the Popes once lived for more than 100 years. The area is world renowned for its spectacular scenery, award winning wines and rich cultural life. The Popes didn't choose this place by mistake. With mild winters and the 3000 hours of sunshine a year, Provence will satisfy any one's lust for sunshine and warm weather.
A base near Avignon also means you are a stone's throw away from the French riviera, the southern Alps and in the middle of Peter Mayle country.
Other Activities: Theatre and Music Festivals, Historic Sites, Vineyards, Museums, Markets
Golf: The nearest 18 holes is the Golf of Chateaublanc (6km away)
15min drive from the apartment is the fancier Provence Country Club with its 18 holes and beautiful club house.
Finally another very nice 18 hole Golf Du Grand Avignon is 5min away.
Ski: The summer-winter ski resort of Le Mont Serein , on the northern face of the Mont Ventoux , offers 9 ski lifts and 12km of ski slopes in winter. In summer, ski on grass and hiking are popular activities on the slopes of the 1912m Giant of Provence.
The area around Le 111 and St Saturnin les Avignon is a favorite one for cyclists. If this is your passion, do check out this blog
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
2 Oct 2016 - 29 Apr 2017
30 night minimum stay
for 30 nights
30 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£252|
Damage deposit : €300
Towels and bed linen included
Extra bed available €35 per week
Baby pack available for €25 per week (includes cot, high chair, bath, towel)
Basic cleaning fee €75
Long term rentals include all charges, water, heating and electricity plus free Wi-Fi
We provide everything you will need to enjoy your stay with us including bed linen, towels and pool towels (when the pool
Paypal or bank transfer 2 months before arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking On Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 120 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- The huge bathroom was refurbished in 2008 and offers lots of storage space with three spacious closets.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- The double bedroom is without doubt the focal point of this apartment. Decorated with an oriental style motif, the spacious bedroom dwarfs the extra king size bed. The bedroom walls have small alcoves lined with books, from french art to novels about Provence, everyone should find something to their taste. The second bedroom is shared with the living area. The following extras are available on request: - extra single bed €35 per week - Baby Pack €25 per week – (includes: cot, high chair, bath)
- Beach Towels
- 4 garden chairs
- We do accept credit card through PayPal - a small surcharge is applied to all credit card payments. Please contact us for more information