Le 111 (2)
The apartment has been totally restored and redecorated. It combines traditional Provencal architectural features and design with all comforts and conveniences. The apartment includes an open room with a kitchen, living and dining area. It is bright with large double glazed windows overlooking the garden and swimming pool with access to its own terrace for alfresco dining. In the living area there are comfortable armchairs and a wood dining table make the room warm and inviting. The living area has a library for you to enjoy. Adjacent is the well-designed kitchen with all appliances, cutlery, utensils and dishes. Completing the apartment are two large bedrooms, which can accommodate a family with two children or two couples, and a full bathroom.
An ideal pied-à-terre for experiencing life in a Provencal village.
Le 111 is a traditional 18th century village house with lots of history and character. Lying in the heart of Provence, nestled between Avignon, and the Mont Ventoux, Le 111 provides quiet and authentic south of France village life while being a few minutes away from a vibrant city.
The 3 south facing apartments which bask in the glow of the Provencal sunlight are set within the grounds of the owner's estate, dating back to the eighteenth century. The large swimming pool (which is the largest in the area) is shared by the guests at le 111.
Each apartment also features a private terraced area with outdoor dining and lounging furniture. The apartments have recently undergone extensive renovation.
The apartments are walking distance from the centre of the village which has excellent bakeries, bars, restaurants, and a supermarket. There is a traditional market every Sunday morning in the centre of the village where you can buy local delicacies and souvenirs.
Le 111's location is excellent for discovering Provence. Our guests love how easy it is to get to the main sites within 30 minutes and still have time to relax by the pool.
Looking to visit markets in Provence?
At Le 111 you are close to some of the best markets in the area.
- Saint-Rémy-de-Provence has a huge market every Wednesday morning (30mins from Le 111)
- Le Thor has a traditional Provencal market every Saturday morning (10mins from Le 111)
- L'Isle sur la Sorgues has a large market with antiques and brocante (nice, pricey junk) every Sunday morning (15mins from Le 111)
- In the summer, Velleron has a huge farmers market every evening from 6pm except Sunday (10 mins from Le 111)
- Saint-Saturnin-les-Avignon has a Sunday market and it's only 2 minutes walk from the apartments.
Looking for Roman sites in Provence?
- You should not miss the Pont du Gard an aqueduct bridge that crosses the Gard River in southern France.
- Glanum is in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence at the foot of the Alpilles, it's an archaeological site with great Roman artifacts.
- Vaison la Romaine is another must see if you are looking for Roman artifacts in Provence.
Looking for Medieval sites in Provence?
- The Palais de Papes in Avignon is a must see. Avignon became the home to the popes in 1309.
- Officially called “Pont St. Bénézet” the Bridge is more commonly known as the Pont d’Avignon - a must see and make sure you dance 'sur la pont d'avignon'!
- Chartreuse is in Villeneuve-lez-Avignon - built between 14th and 16th century the magnificent site is made up of 3 cloisters, chapels, and beautiful gardens.
Looking for Cultural events in Provence?
- The Avignon Theatre Festival (Festival d'Avignon) is every July. The whole city is transformed into 100s of theatres; cafes, restaurants, schools, colleges, garages, any space big enough for a few chairs becomes a theatre. Street performers descend on the city creating an amazing buzz in the city. There are a few plays in English each year. There are also plays for children as young as 6 months.
Looking for Art in Provence?
- There are lots of art galleries in the area with international artists as well as smaller galleries featuring local artists.
Art Museums in Avignon
- Petit Palais in Avignon is just next to the Palais de Papes - it has an exceptional collection of Renaissance art.
- Musee Vouland in Avignon is a beautiful mansion with amazing 18th century design and furniture from the Louis XV and Louis XV periods.
- Musee Angladon in Avignon has 18th,19th, & 20th century art including Van-Gogh and Picasso.
- Calvet Museum in Avignon, museum of fine arts, with exceptional paintings from the 18th and 19th century.
- Collection Lambert in Avignon is a contemporary art museum showcasing photography, paintings, and installation work.
Other art sites not to miss:
- Cathédrale d’Images in Les Baux de Provence - Nestled in the heart of the Alpilles an abandoned Roman quarry is home to annual visual projections created by international artists. The place is huge, imposing, and truly magical.
- Saint-Paul Asylum, Saint-Rémy is where Van-Gogh was a self-admitted patient in 1889. The building is beautiful, and the gardens are a must see. Saint-Paul is still a working hospital and they still do art therapy. You can see a collection of the patients work in the gift shop (they are also available for purchase).
Top Traveller Review
Perfect Vacation in Provence!
About the Owner
Damage deposit : €250
Towels and bed linen included
Baby pack available for €25 per week (includes cot, high chair, bath, towel)
Basic cleaning fee €65
Long term rentals include all charges, water, heating and electricity plus free Wi-Fi
- if you would like to rent this apartment for an extended period please contact us
(23 traveller reviews)
Perfect Vacation in Provence!
This was my third trip to Le 111, each June with different friends and relatives, so clearly I love this place! Each summer, I notice improvements made to the already lovely property: one year, it was thermopane windows; the next year, it was a washing machine in each apartment (we take over all three apartments here for a week to 10 days). The pool is a wonderful feature of the property after a day of touring out and about, and the apartments are well-equipped with the basics for cooking and very comfortable beds. We often have dinner together on the patio outside of this apartment and its next-door neighbor, the smaller one. The town itself is delightful, not very touristy, and so our presence is noted, and seemingly appreciated. Even my friends who don't speak a word of French are welcomed at the local bakery and mini-mart. The owner/manager is a delightful woman who is quick to deal with any small problems and is an excellent resource for recommendations of wineries, restaurants, and so forth during our day trips. I would never consider staying anywhere else while in Provence!
Beautiful Provencale property, gardens and pool.
We were delighted on arrival to find the property was exactly how it appeared in the photographs online. A traditional property set in beautifully landscaped gardens in a peaceful location.
St Saturnin is an attractive and authentic Provencale village and the centre is a short, pleasant stroll away and has all you need to keep you going through your stay. Shops, restaurants and supermarkets are all good. Larger supermarkets are a few minutes away by car.
The flat had ample space for a family of four and all the amenities we needed. All clean and tidy, not a single complaint.
The location is fantastic. We spent two weeks there and apart from one lazy day by the pool we travelled every day to different places, sometimes two or three in a day and never visited the same place twice. There really is so much to do and see.
Alice is a superstar. Friendly, helpful and attentive and not at all intrusive. Her advice on the area added hugely to our overall experience. We already miss her and her lovely house.
Wonderful family holiday
We stayed here for what was our first family holiday abroad with our 17 month old daughter and the accommodation or the hospitality could not have been better. Alice was there when we arrived and was around just the right amount to ensure that all our needs were catered for. The apartment was spacious with all the facilities we required and above all we felt very secure. The pool area is wonderful and the apartment is in a fantastic location for exploring the areas around Avignon with so much to see within an hours drive. All in all we had a very memorable family break.
This is a great base to explore the area and historic towns around Avignon. A lovely, well maintained property which offered everything we could need. A real bonus was the good sized covered swimming pool which was lovely to return to at the end of a long day's sight seeing. Alice, the owner, lives next door and is on hand to offer friendly advice. Although wary at first about hiring a property in a town my fears were quickly dispelled by the convenience of being able to walk to great restaurants and the friendly welcome from all the locals we spoke to. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a convenient base in this area of Provence.
Our stay at le 111
We have just returned from 2 wonderful weeks at le 111 with our 2 children. The apartments are in a perfect location, central to many places of interest. We really enjoyed staying in the village - the apartments are in a quiet and peaceful street but only a 2 minute walk away from the village centre where the shops, bars and restaurants provide all you need without having to get in the car. Without exception the local people are friendly and happy to welcome you - we had many enjoyable evenings improving our French and left feeling like we had made friends. The apartments and pool area are all clean and very well maintained and Alice who owns the property is extremely kind and helpful and goes out of her way to ensure you have a good stay but without intruding. We have every intention of returning next year!
Perfect location for exploring this historic area.
Just a wonderful Provence home to come back to after sightseeing and bargain hunting in the brocantes. Hostess looked after us beautifully and gave us loads
of ideas and tips on where to go. The pool is very well looked after and the flat
itself has everything you can possibly need. Modern and spacious. Advance information before arriving was clear and useful. Shops and bars are within 5 minutes walk to the village centre. We hope to go back again next year. Thank you Alice!
Activity and Interests
Bienvenue to the Comtat Venaissin, this southern French enclave where the Popes once lived for more than 100 years. The area is world renowned for its spectacular scenery, award winning wines and rich cultural life. The Popes didn't choose this place by mistake. With mild winters and the 3000 hours of sunshine a year, Provence will satisfy any one's lust for sunshine and warm weather.
A base near Avignon also means you are a stone's throw away from the French riviera, the southern Alps and in the middle of Peter Mayle country.
Other Activities: Theatre and Music Festivals, Historic Sites, Vineyards, Museums, Markets
Golf: The nearest 18 holes is the Golf of Chateaublanc (6km away)
15min drive from the apartment is the fancier Provence Country Club with its 18 holes and beautiful club house.
Finally another very nice 18 hole Golf Du Grand Avignon is 5min away.
Ski: The summer-winter ski resort of Le Mont Serein , on the northern face of the Mont Ventoux , offers 9 ski lifts and 12km of ski slopes in winter. In summer, ski on grass and hiking are popular activities on the slopes of the 1912m Giant of Provence.
The area around Le 111 and St Saturnin les Avignon is a favorite one for cyclists. If this is your passion, do check out this blog
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking On Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils
- Dining Area
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 65 m²
- Bathroom - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom was built in 2008 and features a built in overhead rain shower, hand shower with flexible hose, wall mounted towel dryer. Towels and soap are included.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Lavender Room - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Rose Room - 2 Single Bed
- The lavender room with its large french windows and exposed beams has a king sized bed The rose room has 2 single beds
- Beach Towels
- 4 garden chairs
- We do accept credit card through PayPal - a small surcharge is applied to all credit card payments. Please contact us for more information