A Modern Chalet in Gstaad-Zweisimmen within ten minutes walk from ski lifts
The luxurious modern chalet is 10 minutes walk away from the village centre, train station, ski lifts, sports rentals, shops, restaurants and amenities. It is a bus hop away from Sparenmoos with its cross country skiing, and 7 km toboggan ride. It offers fantastic apres ski with a range of restaurants in the super glamorous Gstaad valley.
This chalet offers:
- 220 square meters living space
- Sleeps 10 to 12 people easily
- 4 double bedrooms and 1 kids bedroom with 2 bunk beds
- Large open plan kitchen, living, dining and kitchen
- 3 bathrooms and 1 cloakroom
- Underfloor heating
- TV & DVD.
- Wireless internet connectivity
- Fully self catering with Miele Washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave oven, ironing board/iron
- Blackout electronic blinds
- Fridge, freezer, wine chiller
- Large garden connected to the house through a balcony surrounding the living area
- Superb views of the valley, Lenk Glacier and the forest
AVOIDING FRAUD: To avoid fraud and protect both parties, I will require a land line number either along with the enquiry or once you decided to make a reservation.
Also, please note that I request the rent to be paid either into my account number ending with xxxx3040 with UBS Bank Switzerland or via the HomeAway direct payment system. DO NOT MAKE PAYMENTS IN ANY OTHER WAY OR TO ANY OTHER BANK ACCOUNT.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About I Singh
We are a family living in the UK. We built the chalet in 2006 and have enjoyed many a beautiful summer and fantastic skiing over the years.
I Singh purchased this chalet in 2006
Why I Singh chose Gstaad area
Gstaad-Zweisimmen is perfectly set up for relaxing holidays.
(9 traveller reviews)
Lovely Chalet with stunning views
Wonderful week in Zweisimmen in June .We were 2 families a total of 4 adults and 4 Kids. The chalet was spacious,modern and nicely appointed. The view from the spacious living room is spectacular. The 2 teenage boys loved the lazy boy chairs .The bedrooms were comfortable and the bathrooms were good size from European standards.In the evening we loved sitting outside in the balcony and sipping on the wine and enjoying the view which is to die for in summers .We found the accommodation ideal for our group and true to the picture.the only thing we missed was a toaster cause in the oven the bread was taking too much time .The walk to the main street shops and restaurants and train station was long . We found a short cut thanks to the lovely taxi driver. Pls keep a map of the walking path to the train station .I highly recommend staying at the Chalet if you have your own car cause with kids and carrying grocerry up the hill is a difficult task. We took a taxi back in evening everyday which cost CHF 10 for 4 people which was not bad. Mr. Singh was very prompt in answering all our queries.The chalet had toilet paper,washing machine soap,dishwasher soap etc which just made things easier.
A very well kept and beautiful chalet spread over 3 floors with gorgeous views.
Excellent Chalet!! Just the best!
The chalet is very modern, spacious, well equipped for 12 people! We had an excellent, wonderful stay! Perfect for family. The moment we stepped in, we knew we made a great choice. The view is the stunning! We were blown away! The living room is awesome, spacious, and we totally enjoyed the lazy boys! The kitchen is very modern and well equipped. Bathrooms are fabulous!
By the way, supermarket is just few minutes away. And parking for 3 cars!!!
Special mention to the owner, Mr. Singh! Thank you for accommodating us and for your prompt replies to all our queries and thank you Ms. Claudia for being so nice to all of us!
We were 7 Adults and 1 Child we had a lot of fun the chalet is so comfortable, fully equipped with everything. The rooms are very comfortable, the kitchen is fully equipped with everything, the bathrooms has heaters and the Jacuzzi is so nice. The owner was very helpful and provided us with everything we need, the agency helped us to find the grocery and someone to clean for us. we had a very pleasant stay and i recommend families to come and enjoy the amazing chalet and the amazing view.
We ( a family of 11- 7 adults and 4 kids ) lived there during winter 2010 and we had a great time. The chalet was very spacious and had huge compound (especially the backyard), the kids could just play at the compound.
The groceries stores were within the walking distance and it was a nice little town to live in.
From the Owner
“Gstaad-Zweisimmen is perfectly set up for relaxing holidays.”
Activity and Interests
Zwesimmen is one of the ten villages of world famous Gstaad Sannenland and the starting point of Montreux– Bernese Oberland – rail line, which travels to Montreux on Lake Geneva. It is within a two hour car drive/train ride from four major airports (Geneva, Zurich, Basel and Bern).
- Top Events include Zweisimmen snow games – waterside contest through the icy-cold Rinderberg water, ski-cross races, mountain bike downhill and a freestyle show: a parcours for the venturesome (January).
- Via Rinderberg access to 120 km of pistes, Via train links access to a further 280 km of pistes
- Via Sparenmoos-Zweisimmen 7 km toboggan run and 38 km cross country skiing
- Numerous winter walking trails
- Seebergsee circular walking route or mountain bike tour
- Obersimmental ‘home trail’
- Roll down the mountain on a special scooter
- Paragliding, flight classes, ballooning in Chateaux Deux
- Golf at Sannenmoser
- Sailing, water sports in Thun
Other Activities: Cycling, Hot air Ballooning
Golf: The Golf Club at Saanenmoser is just a fifteen minute drive from the village.
The Golf Club Gstaad-Saanenland was founded in 1962. Today, the club can offer its guests a technically unique course in a charming mountainous landscape at the foot of the Hornberg in the Saanenmöser region. The golf course is situated at an altitude of 1 400 m and is only a 15 minutes' drive away from Zweisimmen. It is a beautiful, natural golf course, surrounded by meadows and a very old stock of trees.
The golf course is rated among the most beautiful courses in the Alpine region. Nestling among an unspoilt landscape, in natural forest clearings at the edge of a fen with its typical vegetation. Surrounded by the magnificent mountain world of the Saanenland and the Obersimmental valley, it presents itself to guests and club members - both a scenic and a golfing delight.
Ski: Zweisimmen is part of Gstaad Mountain Rides. When you buy a lift ticket in Zweisimmen, you can use any of 62 lifts opening up about 250 km. of prepared trails in St. Stephan, Zweisimmen, Saanenmöser, Schönried, Gstaad, Saanen, Rougemont, Chateau d’Oex, Les Moulins, Lauenen, Gsteig and Reusch.
Terrain: 120km of local groomed runs, 250 km (155 mi) in region, which has six ski areas.
Lifts: 62 in region
Lift Capacity: 50,000 p/h
Ski Season: December to Mid-April
Summer Skiing: On glacier Les Diablerets
Cross Country: 100km (62 mi) classic; 160 km (99 mi) of winter walking trails
Ski School: 1 schools with a total of 200 instructors
Other Winter Activities: Curling; fitness centre; helicopter skiing; ice skating/natural; indoor swimming; indoor tennis; mountaineering; paragliding; snow-boarding; sleigh riding; skeet; ballooning; riding school; tobogganing
Après-Ski: Bars, discos, concerts, bridge, cinema, fine dining
Shopping/Services: Boutiques and elegant shops, but grocery
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
17 Mar 2017 - 21 Dec 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
22 Dec 2017 - 16 Mar 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
17 Mar 2018 - 21 Dec 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Sports & Activities
- Broadband Access
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- whitewater rafting
- 220 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The bathrooms are tastefully decorated, modern and well ventilated. The house offers three bathrooms. One bathroom with a shower services two bedrooms on the lower floor. The cloakroom is on the living room level, allowing toilet facilities for those people who might be using the living room. The master bedroom en suite bathroom is large, luxurious offering a toilet, bidet and a power shower with massage features. The top floor boasts of another bathroom which services two bedrooms and has a bathtub. All bathrooms are luxurious with Villeroy and Boch fittings and offer integrated lighting and fixtures to accommodate electronic shaving kit, toothbrushes, hair-dryers etc.. The toilets are all connected to an automatic ventilator which becomes operation when the toilet senses use. The bathrooms are easy to clean and offer modern plumbing.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, pull out bed under bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Living Room - 1 Sofa bed/Futon, Living room can be used as an extra bedroom
- The top floor is home to the master suite. This has the largest bedroom (12'X20'), with roof to floor windows overlooking the valley and the Lenk Glacier. There is a study table equipped with a wide-screen monitor that can connect to your laptop and allow you to create your office away from home. There is a large king size-bed (six feet) and a children’s play table. There are four other bedrooms (10'X10'), three incorporating double beds and one incorporating two single beds (one bed rolls under the other). The living room can be used as a sixth bedroom as it has a double sofa bed. All bedrooms offer spectacular views of the glacier and the valley. The bedrooms offer built in beds/cabinets, storage, dressing tables, adjustable lighting, and blackout electronic blinds. Each bedroom can be kept at different temperatures and are equipped with underfloor heating. All bedrooms have windows and offer fresh air. The bedrooms are in light colours and give the feeling of openness.
- Veranda ...
- Wood Decking
- 6 garden chairs
- The first floor is the main entertainment area. It is open plan and has a kitchen and dining area (table extends to seat 10) to the left. In the centre of this floor is a large viewing gallery with two lazy boys arranged to allow visitors to have their morning coffee or evening drinks while enjoying the spectacular views outside. To the right is a lovely modern living area with one double sofa bed and one large L-shaped sofa. The TV connects to a satellite with 400 plus channels (BBC, CNN, Fox etc.) and is supplied with a DVD player. The kitchen is modern, with induction stove and plenty of storage and a powerful extractor. It also incorporates a Miele dishwasher, a large oven and a built in microwave. The kitchen also offers a large refrigerator/freezer/ice-maker as well as a built-in wine-chiller with two temperature zones. There is linen, extra duvets and pillows, towels, and a Utility room with miele washer, dryer and iron.