A self-catering cottage with all year BBQ house. Beautiful Irish Country Views.
This property is a stunning self-catering cottage decorated to the highest specification. Tullyvar Cottage has been graded by the Northern Ireland Tourist Board as a 5 star property. It is located between Ballygawley and Aughnacloy with fabulous mountain views. This is a perfect luxurious country retreat for both a romantic long weekend or a longer family holiday. There are numerous forest walks nearby and an abundance of historical sites of interest in close proximity to the cottage. Several pubs and great restaurants are available locally in both Ballygawley and Aughnacloy. Golf is available in a number of nearby golf clubs and both coarse fishing and trout fishing can be experienced within a few miles from the cottage.
Top Traveller Review
60th Birthday Celebration
About the Owner
5 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
60th Birthday Celebration
We wanted accommodation not to far from Belfast to celebrate my husband 60th and Tullyvar Cottage ticked all the boxes. I found the layout and facilities excellent. There were 10 of us + 3 dogs and a toddler very spacious accommodation and very clean. Loved the hot tub and so enjoyed us all sitting at the large dining table for our meals. Weather was great so a bonus. Our thanks to Mel we hope to be back in the near future.
Superb property rural area close to village
Lovely large, well-maintained property close to Ballygawley which has all the essentials - shops, bars, bank etc. There were six of us but due to the layout and size of the house all could do their own thing. Really large kitchen with really big cooker and full sized fridge freezer. Barbecue hut very impressive! Easy access and parking too. All in all a superb holiday house with all the facilities you could need. Although we did not need them there was a high chair and a high quality sull size cot so would be great for those with a baby.
Lots to do in surrounding areas and were lucky enough to visit the Giant's causeway and Rope Bridge on a beautifully sunny day.
Would certainly recommend a holiday in this part of Ireland and in particular Tullyvar Cottage !!
I have stayed at Tullyvar Cottage on a number of occasions and always find it to be an extremely relaxing and luxurious experience. The cottage is beautiful and deceptively spacious and has everything you could wish for to make your stay extra comfortable. The jacuzzi bath is fabulous. The barbecue hut is a fun and unique experience and suitable for use in all weathers. There is lots to visit in the surrounding areas for both children and adults (e.g. from boutique shops at the Linen Green, an adventure day atTodds Leap, time out at Lavender Spa, Monaghan town, Enniskillen, authentic French cooking at Ardbeg House restaurant). I can't recommend a stay at the cottage highly enough and I am already looking forward to my next visit!
Wonderful Relaxing Getaway
We stayed at this property for a week in November 2008.
It is abosolutely stunning, the pictures on the website are real!. The house is surrounded by country side and it makes an ideal base for exploring Enniskillen, Fermanagh , we drove to Belfast which is approx 50 miles but the road is excellent.
The small town of Ballygawley is on the doorstep, this is real traditional Ireland where the pace of life is, well lets say ,less hectic.
I would reccommend this property as a getaway, it would make a great place for families to get together, or party.
It is a credit to the owner, no expense has been spared on the finish to the fixtures and fittings.
We will definately return
We stayed in this property in November 2008 and were very impressed both by the setting and by the house itself. It is very spacious and comfortable, has excellent facilities and is fitted out to an extremely high standard - a real touch of luxury.
We enjoyed the pleasant walks in the area and exploring the surrounding countryside and will certainly return in summer to take advantage of the outdoor facilities at the property.
We would have no hesitation in recommending this property to anyone looking for a relaxing break in high quality accomodation.
new years stay
booked this cottage for 4 of us over new year and had a fantastic time. this really is a stunning property and could accomodate for a much larger party if required. it is as impressive inside as it is out and it really is a home from home with everthing you need to keep you entertained. i would strongly recommend this to anyone. hope you enjoy as much as i did.
thanks for a fantastic time
Activity and Interests
Tullyvar Cottage is a beautiful property located on a hill with stunning views, and is close to both Ballygawley and Aughnacloy in Co. Tyrone. The property is very accessible to the A4 main link route between Dublin and Derry/Londonderry. Situated within 3 miles of the border with Co.Monaghan in the South of Ireand the cottage is ideally located for traveling all around the Northern Half of Ireland. Located close to the Ballygawley roundabout the cottage is ideal for use as a base for traveling throughout Ireland and is accessible to the Ulster American Folk Park (Omagh), President Grant Homestead ( Near Dungannon), Fermanagh Lakes and Enniskillen, the Sperrin mountains (Gortin) and Armagh Cathedral and Planetarium (Armagh) within a half hour drive. Belfast is only 1 hour drive east, Londonderry and the North Coast is 1 hour North while Dublin is 1hour 45mins south.
Other Activities: Shooting trips can be organised, off road jeep driving, archery, paint balling, clay pigeon shooting, arts and crafts and lavender health spa.
- Bank Holiday Weekends are charged at High season rates. Minimum 3 night stay during bank holiday weekends.
• £200 deposit secures booking with balance payable 28 days prior to arrival.
• £200 damage deposit is required on arrival (this will be returned by post with 2 weeks, providing everything is in order)
• Any damage greater than the amount of the damage deposit will be the responsibility of the hirer
• Linen and towels supplied free of charge
• Central heating included
• Electricity is included
• Dog pen £3 subsidy per day
• Feature gas fire £5 subsidy per day
• If BBQ house is not cleaned and left tidy £50 will be automatically deducted from the damage deposit.
• BBQ Charcoal £7 per bag
• Cot £20 per booking
• Hot Tub & Log Cabin £80
- 1. The occupants of the cottages must be named on the booking form and any change in these occupants must be notified to the owner. If the persons listed on the booking form change during the hire period then the contract is deemed null and void and a new contract has to be established with a consequent new tariff applicable.
2. The Hirer. The cottage is only to be used by the people named on the booking form. The hirer must be one of the persons occupying the cottages and the hirer must be 21 or older.
3. Number of Persons. The number of persons in the cottages must not exceed the sleeping capacity of the cottage and/or the number agreed at time of booking.
4. Dogs and other pets. A Dog Pen is available at £3 subsidy per day. Dogs and other pets are not permitted access to the cottage.
5. Hirers Property. The owners do not accept any liability for loss of or damage to personal effects, baggage, vehicles or vehicle accessories, or any other item belonging to the hirer.
- 6. We reserve the right to decline a booking or to refuse to hand over the cottage to any person who in our opinion is not suitable to take charge. In this case the hire fee shall be refunded in full and the contract shall be discharged without further liability on either party. We also reserve the right to repossess the cottage at any time where damage has been caused or in our opinion likely to be caused by the hirer or any member of the hirer's party. In such case we shall not be liable to make a refund of any portion of the hire fee paid.
7. Cottages are available for occupation after 3.30p.m. on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 11a.m. on the day of departure.
8. Cancellation charges are as follows:
More than 4 weeks before arrival date - Booking deposit.
15 - 27 days before starting date - 75% of total cost of holiday
1 - 15 days before starting date - 100% of total cost of holiday
- Available arrival
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking On Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Water Cooler
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- autumn foliage
- laundrette - not serviced
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- water skiing
- 2700 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Jacuzzi, A steam room is also available for over 18 years only
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- One full bathroom is located downstairs while the main bathroom and shower room are located upstairs. Good disability access to downstairs bedrooms and bathroom.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot, cot if required asingle bed could be added to this room
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, small double room
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, large twin room
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, Ideal childrens bedroom
- Bedroom 1 has a large en suite shower room with sink and toilet. Additional Occupancy - a cot and/or single bed can be included in this room if required. Please ask. Bedroom 2 can be classified as a single room however it has a small double bed in it if you required an extra bed space for two sharing. Bedroom 3 has 2 single beds and is situated beside the luxury bathroom with shower, jacuzzi bath and steam room,sink and toilet. Bedroom 4 has a large double bed and is situated beside the downstairs bathroom with electric shower, bath, sink and toilet. Bedroom 5 has a single bed with another single bed and mattress underneath if required for additional occupancy. An additional £20 per night will be charged for each person over 8 people. All bedrooms have Televisions and alarm clock radios.
- Child's Swing
- 10 garden chairs
- A luxury BBQ House is provided on a raised garden at the rear of the property. A large table with 10 cushioned seats is situated by the BBQ House. The jacuzzi is a corner jacuzzi style bath located in the main bathroom upstairs.