1 or 2 or 3 Bedroom Self Catering units , plus Holiday Villa .
Ascot Gardens central position in Cape Town Constantia Southern Suburbs is an ideal base for visiting and seeing Cape Towns many attractions.
Bergvliet is a quiet safe tree lined Cape Town residential Southern Suburb in the Constantia Valley wine growing area , and only 16 Klms from City Center.
The Airport , V &A Waterfront , Fish Hoek and Hout Bay Beaches and Table Mountain are 25 minutes drive away and Kirstenbosch Gardens and Constantia Wine Estates are 10 minutes away .
Within 10 minutes walking distance of Ascot Gardens , is the Meadowridge Park and Shop Shopping Center , with Checkers Supermarket , Woolworths Food Store , Absa bank , a Chemist 4 restaurants and a Coffee shop
Heathfield Train Station with Trains going to City Center and False Bay beaches , and 6 other good local restaurants are also within walking distance .
Ascot Gardens ‘Home from Home’ 3 Star Graded Self Catering , is inspected every year by the Tourist Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) . Latest approval was in SEPTEMBER 2016. This your guarantee that the self catering accommodation provided , is equal to or better than accepted international self catering standards.
Ascot Gardens offers 1 or 2 or 3 Bedroom Garden private self catering suites and Cottages of various sizes and differing furnishings , for sleeping from 2 -8 persons and an entire exclusive Ascot Holiday Villa for sleeping 8 and up to 14 persons .
All units are surrounded by beautiful gardens . ( As featured on BBCTv Gardeners World program .)
• Free WiFi internet connectivity to all units
• Private entrance to each unit.
• With private patio with table and chairs with own BBQ , and surrounded by the beautiful gardens .
Fully furnished and equipped units including all cutlery and crockery , bed linen , bath towels , bath mats , and with toilet rolls provided .
•Premium satellite DSTv Television viewed on Flat screens and also DVD.
• Music Centers , Bedside Clock Radio.
• Secure Off Street Parking close to each unit and behind remote controlled entrance gates.
. Safe and Ceiling fans in all Bedrooms and Lounges.
• Iron and ironing board
• Laundry with Washing machine and Tumble Dryer provided (Tumble Dryer only available in winter months )
• Library offering 300 English books , magazines and Tourist Info brochures and maps , and a guest use computer with free WiFi and Skype
• Shared ( fenced and gated) Swimming Pool .
Sun lounges for sun bathing placed either around Pool or in your own private area alongside your own patio .
Ascot Garden is an Ideal base for tourists requiring affordable self catering accommodation in the vicinity of Cape Town and the Southern Suburbs .
The Constantia Wine route , Constantia Shopping Village , Blue Route shopping center and Constantiaberg Medi Clinic are 5 minutes drive away.
Kirstenbosch Gardens , Muizenberg Beach , Cavendish Square , Newlands Cricket and Rugby Stadiums , Westlake , Steenberg and Royal Cape Golf Clubs , are 15 minutes drive away.
The Airport , V&A Waterfront , Table Mountain , Cape Town City Center , Fish Hoek and Hout Bay beach , Simonstown , Penguins at Boulders , Canal Walk Shopping , Clovelly Golf club are 25 min away.
Camps Bay , Clifton Beach and Chapman's Peak Drive are 35 min drive away.
Stellenbosch Wine Route , Cape Point Nature Reserve , Noordhoek , Somerset West , Franschhoek are within 50 minutes drive .
Hermanus , the Aquila Big 5 Game Reserve and Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai , are 2-3 hrs drive away.
Details for holiday villa Ascot Villa ( 8-14 ) Constantia Valley , Southern Suburbs , Cape Town , 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, 4 Bathrooms
Entire Ascot Holiday Villa , sleeping from 8 up to 14 persons in 4 adjoining private S/C units .
Luxury African Suite (144m2 ) sleeps 2 to 6 in two bedrooms with en suite bath rooms .
Large Kitchen with Dish washer , Gas Stove and modern appliances . Dining table seating 12 . 100 M2 covered outdoor patio with table and chairs and BBq.
Adjoining Fountain Suite (87m2) , sleeps 2 to 5 , has 1 bedroom , open plan lounge / kitchen , dining area . Bath and Shower
Mountain Suite (40m2) is a 1st floor Bed Sitter unit , sleeping 2/3 , connected into African suite lounge . Bath and Shower
Bedsitter unit for 1/2 persons
All 4 suites fully furnished & equipped with free WiFi , DSTv , DVD , iron and board , fans , safe .
We do not service daily but for long stays we clean and service Unit and replace Towels and Bed Linen every 7 days .
Shared swimming pool ( child safety fenced) , library and laundry on adjoining Ascot Gardens property
Secure off street parking for 5 cars .
Top Traveller Review
They occupied the complete ASCOT VILLA , which sleeps up to 12 persons ,and also rented other suites on the ASCOT GARDENS property.
Their different arrival and departure times were as per their individual travel circumstances .
The diffferent sized and also sleeping options of the ASCOT GARDENS suites , plus with the the cost per night being charged per suite and not per person, ensured that guests enjoyed "Great Value for Money Paid "
Guests were able to enjoy the privacy of their own suite if required and also participate in the many group get togethers and BBQS ,both before and after the wedding day .
ASCOT VILLA AND ASCOT GARDENS SELF CATERING SUITES are an ideal base close to Cape Town, for wedding groups,large groups traveling together, sports tours or events or family reunions.
About the Owner
Your Hosts @ ASCOT GARDENS - Barry and Lesley Edkins,
8 Eksteen Avenue, Bergvliet
Born in the Baby Boomer decade (post 2nd World War) both hosts are originally from Johannesburg where they completed their schooling.
A shipboard romance on the Cape Town Castle when sailing from Cape Town to England in 1967 led to the couple marrying in 1969 and settling down first in Durban until 1972 and from where they then spent 5 years in Zimbabwe, living in both Bulawayo and Harare.
Since the closure of Barrys clothing factory in October 2005, Barry has been marketing and managing ASCOT GARDENS.
At ASCOT GARDENS, Barry is responsible for marketing, reservations, payments and maintenance;and for ensuring that the money trees continually bear fruit which then enables Lesley to present our guests with immaculate and stunning gardens throughout the year, and accommodation considered the best value for money self catering accommodation in the Constantia Valley
We live on the property in our own private corner house and from there manage the 1 acre property consisting of the 12 different sized ASCOT GARDENS SELF CATERING garden suites .
Ascot Gardens often has open days to show off our lovely gardens , and the money raised is donated to worthy charities .
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Booked 7 villas for three weeks as base for our wedding party.Thrilled with quality of accomodation,security,flexibility(arranging a wedding from oversease was tricky), and welcolm from Barry and Lesley.Every effort made to accomodate our requests. Good for allowing young children freedom of property without worrying, all hazards enclosed.Barry runs a tight ship but everything runs like clockwork. Will deffinately be returning to stay soon.
Our visit to Ascot Gardens was within a party of 9 people all of whom were impressed by the surroundings, location,cleanliness, security and the convenience of local amenities. In our experience a car would be desirable as some of the attractions would be only accessed by road. No visit to Cape Town would be complete without a visit to Table Mountain, but make sure you select a clear day. Also if time allows, a visit to the Acquilla safari park would be a 'must do'. There are discounts available from The Waterfront in Cape Town. My party are in no doubt that we should be in the vicinity again, Ascot Gardens would be the desired accomodation
Great place to stay for in Bergvliet
I would definitely recommend this property to others. The layout was efficient and well planned. Facilities were good - lovely cool pool, internet available (which was a bit slow, but I suppose I am used to the speed of cable), and beautiful gardens which were so peaceful. Flatlets were clean, well appointed and comfortably furnished, with all amenities. We felt quite safe and relaxed, with the secure perimeter and secure parking. Our hosts, Barry and Lesley provided great service. It really was a home from home.
From the Owner
“Barry’s work in the Clothing Industry led to a move from Zimbabwe to Cape Town in 1977 and the purchase of the original ASCOT HOUSE , 6 EKSTEEN AVENUE, BERGVLIET in 1979. In 1996, when their 3 children Grant , Scott and Angie finally left home , Ascot House was subdivided into 3 separate private self catering suites and the ASCOT GARDENS self catering venture was born. In 2001 , a property at the back of Ascot House was purchased and rebuilt and opened for guests in December 2001 as ASCOT LODGE , 17 JEFFCOAT AVENUE , also offering 3 private self catering suites. NOVEMBER 2004 marked the opening of another adjoining property ASCOT VILLA , 30 HIDDINGH ROAD , a luxury entire private House/Villa that sleeps 8-14 or can also be booked as 3 separate private self catering suites for different families . ASCOT MEWS, 28 HIDDINGH ROAD, was opened to guests in July 2005. Conversion of single house to 3 private self catering suites was completed and offers guests s/c accommodation for up to 10 guests. All of our units have been refurbished in both 2015 and 2016 and furnishings are continuously being updated .The gardens and property are very well maintained by MICHAEL a full time gardener for past 20 years and maintenance man ALBERT Our annual South African Tourism 3 Star Grading inspection ensures that our accommodation is of an international standard . Last successful inspection for the confirmation of our 3 STAR SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION AWARD was in SEPTEMBER 2016”
Activity and Interests
Bergvliet is a quiet peaceful tree lined Cape Town residential Southern Suburb in the Constantia Valley and wine growing area .
Ideally situated within 30 minutes drive of Cape Town Peninsula's many attractions and the City Center , V& A Waterfront , Table Mountain Cable Car , Kirstenbosch Gardens , many Beaches and the Airport.
Within 10 minutes walking distance from ASCOT GARDENS is the local Meadowridge Park and Shop Shopping Center , Heathfield Rail Station , and 6 good local restaurants.
The Constantia Wine Route , including Groot Constantia ,1672 the oldest wine farm in South Africa and Constantia Village Shopping Center , with many restaurants and shops and banks , are only a 5 minutes drive from ASCOT GARDENS .
Kirstenbosch Gardens , Muizenberg Beach , Cavendish Square Shopping Center , Newlands Cricket and Rugby Stadiums , Westlake , Steenberg and Royal Cape Golf Clubs , are 15 minutes drive away.
The Airport , V&A Waterfront , Table Mountain , Cape Town City Centre , Fish Hoek and Hout Bay Beach , the Penguins at Boulders , Simonstown Naval Base and Clovelly Golf Club are 25 minutes away.
Camps Bay , Clifton Beach , and Chapman's Peak Drive are 35 minutes drive away.
Stellenbosch Wine Route , Cape Point Nature Reserve , Noordhoek , Somerset West , Paarl and Franschhoek can be reached in 50 -60 minutes.
Hermanus , Aquila Big 5 Game Reserve , White Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai , and Cape Agulhas , the southern most point of Africa , are about a 2-3 hours drive .
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
EARLY SUMMER 2016
1 Nov 2016 - 8 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
SUMMER PEAK 2016
9 Dec 2016 - 9 Jan 2017
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
10 Jan 2017 - 30 Apr 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
GREEN SEASON 2017
1 May 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Price from R 3120/night FOR the LOW GREEN SEASON 2016 , is for BOOKING ENTIRE ASCOT VILLA , consisting of African , Mountain / Bedsitter and Fountain suites and for sleeping 8 -14 people,
during this period ( May to October ) for every 6 nights stayed 1 night will be free
MAY - NOVEMBER SPECIAL
For every 6 nights booked 1 night will be free
DISCOUNT FOR LONG STAYS
Deposit of 35% TO 40 % is due to confirm the booking
Balance due before or soon after arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Barry is a keen golfer , and also a partner with son Scott , in Ascot Tours , a company specializing in Golf Tours , hotel accommodation , safaris , car hire and travel throughout Southern Africa. Barry enjoys drinking good red wine , and his occasional over indulgence has often spoiled a good Thai or fish barbeque meal that he has prepared for his invited friends or ASCOT GARDENS guests. Lesley , Michael the gardener , Mary and Sheila the cleaning maids , Albert the maintenance man , all ensure that ASCOT GARDENS is always looking good , clean and colorful for our many international guests that often return and stay with us for 3 weeks to 3 month each year during our summer months of November to end March . Barry loves to pass on local information of where to eat , shop and visit local attractions. He can recommend some good value deals offered by local restaurants , and provide a daily weather prediction NB. Most times incorrectly ! ) .”
- Holiday Complex
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning ...
- Alarm Clock
- Broadband Access ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Computer Available ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking ...
- Parking Off Street ...
- Security System
- Sofa Bed
- Telephone ...
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wireless Internet ...
- 2 Ring Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Cooking Utensils ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Audio Tape Player
- Books ...
- Books - Fiction / Non-fiction
- CD Player
- DVD Player ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Player
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Outdoor Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- laundrette - not serviced
- live theatre
- rain forests
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- ice skating
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- 271 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, African suite main bedroom with bath and shower en suite
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, African suite 2 nd bedroom with shower and toilet ensuite
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Mountain suite with bath and shower en suite
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Fountain private with entrance doors from lounge and bedroom
- African Suite has large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet in the main bedroom . Shower plus toilet in the second bedroom . Mountain Suite has large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet . Fountain Suite has large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet . Entrance doors to private bath room is from both bedroom and also from lounge . We supply bath towels , hand towels and bath mats and toilet rolls but do not provide swimming towels , face cloths or soap .
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 2 - 3 Single Bed, 2nd bedroom in African suite
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, 2 Sofa bed/Futon, Fountain suite Queen bed if requested , extra single bed
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, Fountain suite ,2 single beds and or double bunk in lounge
- Bedroom 6 Bedsitter - 2 Single Bed, Bedsitter is one room with kitchenette/ lounge and beds
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, main bedroom in African suite
- Bedroom 3 - 3 Single Bed, Mountain suite .Can add another single bed if required
- African Suite has Queen size bed in main bedroom ( plus extra single bed if required) and 2 or 3 single beds in 2nd bedroom ( and or double bunk ) Mountain Suite has 2 single beds.( and or extra single bed ) Fountain Suite has 2 single beds in bedroom ( plus extra single bed if required ) A Queen bed or 2 single beds placed in lounge as required Queen or single beds ,double bunk and cots can be provided if requested. Bedsitter has 1 or 2 single beds
- Balcony ...
- Child's Swing
- Gated Community
- Golf ...
- Golf Cart
- Golf Clubs
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Veranda ...
- Tennis ...
- 12 garden chairs
- 8 deck chairs
- Entire ASCOT VILLA is ideal for hosting larger groups and for families who would like to be close but also require some space and privacy . The 4 adjoining private units , allow for this privacy as well as the possibility of group meals and get together and meetings Entire ASCOT VILLA AS PER PRICING ADVERTISED , can sleep 8-14 persons African and Fountain suites can sleep 6- 10 persons African and Mountain suites can sleep 5- 8 persons Guests have free access to 1 computers and free Wifi internet in all units . Library , laundry , and a swimming pool with sun lounges . Library , with tourist brochures and info on restaurants and things to do in Cape Town . An ironing board and an iron is provided in each suite . The units are not serviced daily , but toilet rolls , dish washing liquid and black garbage bags are checked , emptied and replaced during week days For long stays , we service the unit every 7 days , when we also replace bed linen and towels .