A stunning feature of Serendipity Villa is the magnificent views of the mountains, from every aspect. This spacious villa is situated in a quiet residential area, within its own walled garden, set amongst mature olive trees. The view from the private pool terrace looks up to the Crusader Castle, St. Hilarion, which is often floodlit at night. Both bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning and with French windows opening onto the balcony overlooking the secluded pool terrace. The fully equipped kitchen includes dishwasher and washing machine. The lounge has fireplace, TV for DVD, CD and a collection of books and games. The villa has a private well ensuring a reliable water supply.
• Sleeps 4
• 2 Bedrooms
• 2 Bathrooms, 1 Separate Toilet
• Swimming pool
• Air Conditioning
• Ceiling Fans
• Iron & Board
• Living Room ...
• Washing Machine
Pool / Spa
• Private Pool
Pool / Spa
• Private Pool
• near the sea
• 2 Bathrooms,
• 1 Separate WC
• Toilet 1 - Toilet
• Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
• Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
• Each bedroom has private en suite shower room with wc, basin and shower. Separate guest wc with wash hand basin.
• 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
• Bedroom 1
• Bedroom 2
• Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - king size bed with A/C and heating. Doors open onto balcony. Bedroom 2 - twin beds with A/C and heating. Doors open onto balcony. These are well furnished and both have spacious fitted wardrobes and a hand-held hair dryer.
• Private Pool
• Notes on accommodation: Both bedrooms have air-conditioning and the double bedroom offers an alternative of ceiling fan and fly screens for those who dislike air-conditioning. The kitchen has two 2-speed ceiling fans and there is a 3-speed pedestal fan in the lounge. For the winter there is a fireplace in the lounge and a mobile "calor" gas heater. The bedroom air conditioners also provide heating. Guests are requested not to smoke inside the Villa. Outside: Serendipity Villa, with off-road parking, is set amongst mature olive trees within it’s own walled garden with a very private 7m X 4m swimming pool with underwater lighting. There is a large patio, with 4 sunloungers and parasol umbrellas, and a lovely shaded pergola, with table and chairs for outdoor meals or simply to sit and enjoy the views. A BBQ is situated on the pool terrace. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen and towels are provided and changed weekly. Visitors are welcome to use the washing machine. The villa is cleaned before guests arrive and bed linen and towels are changed weekly. A "Welcome Pack" is provided. Other: Through the front door is a large, cool entrance hall with stairs to the bedrooms and steps down to the lower floor.
• Very close to historic town of Kyrenia
• Very close to excellent beaches
Top Traveller Review
Great location, lovely Villa
Looking forward to seeing you all in September
About the Owner
The villa owner and property manager live locally in Northern Cyprus
3.6 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Have stayed here before a few times and have returned as I knew I would enjoy it as usual. Improvements have been made,which are very good and have been told there's more to come. I would highly recommend this villa, as the owner is very helpful and all the local restaurants and superb. I will return again, as it feels like home to me.
A welcome return to this gorgeous villa!
Lovely new features including a roof terrace above the pergola, more improvements to come this winter. Still wonderfully relaxing and Yusuf is a fabulous helpful font of knowledge. Can't wait to return next year!!
Villa in residential location
This was our fifth visit to Serendipity. As always, Yusuf was ever helpful and we were delighted with the welcome pack of food and wine which was left for us.
The exterior works carried out since our last visit were truly impressive and the pool was welcoming, particularly in view of the high temperatures. The exchange rate made this a very economical holiday - lots of good restaurants in the locality. Taxi to Kyrenia only about £5.
Great location, lovely Villa
The Villa was immaculate and very quiet, making a lovely relaxing stay for me, my Mother and aunt. the pool was cyrstal clear the whole two weeks and nothing too much trouble for the owner. Further work on a new pool terrace, balcony and garden has been done over the winter and we are very much looking to returning to Serendipity this coming September (2016).
Absolutley awful avoid
Terrible experience. Time limited AC in master bedroom. It would run for an hour and stop for 3 hours. I pleaded for it to be left to run to no avail. The pool surround is made up of loose off cut tiles and not safe for children. The last straw was when a mouse ran over my wife's foot in bedroom. Mouse droppings throughout. We had to leave and rent a new villa. Owner gave no money back and couldn't care less about our awful experience. I've been going to NC for past 6 years and never had a negative experience like this. Give this one a very wide berth.
From the Owner
“Beautiful property near Kyrenia. Where the GBP to Turkish Lire exchange rate is very good and will make this a low budget holiday”
Activity and Interests
Kyrenia harbour, In its heyday it was lined with warehouses, stored with fruits of the countryside whilst they awaited export. The buildings are now mostly all restaurants, all of which have tables and chairs lining the water. The castle at the east end of the harbour is a very spectacular site and within its walls there is a 12 century chapel showing reused late Roman capitals.
Escape Beach Club and Club Acapulco are the top two beaches in Kyrenia. They both offer plenty of entertainment. They both have a bar, restaurant and night club. These two beaches are perfect for younger travellers.
You have an excellent opportunity to find pleasant places for walking in Northern Cyprus. The Besparmak Mountains are ideal walking areas. You can go to St. Hilarion Castle and park your car there. Head west to take in the amazing views of Kyrenia.
Turtle beach is situated on the new coast road East of Kyrenia driving towards Esentepe. The beach is protected during the summer months between the hours of 9pm and 5am. This is because turtles come to lay their eggs on the beach area under the watchful eye of conservationists. The beach by day is excellent and used a lot by the locals. At this location is a small building called the "Turtle Project." You can go there to learn about Turtles, see videos and book in to sleep on the beach at night and watch the turtles coming to shore to lay their eggs. They lay their eggs around June and August is the hatching time.
Just 10 minutes above Kyrenia is Bellapais Abbey. Set in this fabulous location, a visit to this 14th century Lusignan Bellapais Abbey in North Cyprus is a must.
Enclosed to the north by the sea and to the south by the greenery of the Besparmak (Five Finger) Mountain range, it offers the most magnificent scenery on the island. It's charming and tiny harbour, full of yachts and fishing boats, is framed by the colossal hulk of its Crusader castle. With the backdrop of the jagged mountains behind and the calm sparkling sea in front, the harbour has an intoxication serene atmosphere.
Overlooking the entrance to the harbour is Kyrenia Castle. Dating from the time of the Byzantines, its massive defenses surround a complex mixture of building styles from centuries before and it is likely that there was a Roman fort here originally. Subsequently enlarged and strengthened by the Lusignans and then the Venetians, the castle is now home to many historical artifacts and is the current resting-place of the world's oldest shipwreck.
Famagusta is a Frankish corruption of its Greek name, which means "buried in the sand," descriptive of the silted mouth of the Pedieos.
Famagusta city lies south of the ancient city of Salamis (now Salamis ruins) and just north of the ancient ghost town of Varosha (Maras). Today Varosha is no more than an empty ghost town. It lies in a UN zone between the Republic of Cyprus and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
Salamis - Ancient Roman City
The ancient city of Salamis became the capital of Cyprus as far back as 1100 BC. The city shared the destiny of the rest of the island during the successive occupations by the various dominant powers of the Near East, viz. the Assyrians, Egyptians, Persians, and Romans. The ancient site covers an area of one square mile extending along the sea shore. There is still a large area awaiting excavation and this is forested with mimosa, pine and eucalyptus trees.
Nicosia, home to roughly a third of the population of North Cyprus, the northern half of Nicosia is another world. Approached from the smart boutiques in Ledra St, North Nicosia sees the avenue fracture into a medina-style market of stalls and kebab houses. Thanks to the Nicosia Master Plan, however, many of the historic buildings are being restored and the area around the Selimiye Mosque, in particular, has a real sense of heritage.
This is essentially a daytime city where the appeal lies in observing daily life and exploring the dusty historic streets lined with ancient mosques and Frankish ruins. Many visitors take a day trip via the Ledra Palace or Ledra St checkpoints. Consider staying until dusk, when the minarets light up and release their evening call to prayer and the air is scented with an intoxicating combination of wild jasmine and freshly grilled kebabs.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
September / October
5 Sep 2016 - 30 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
The price is based on 4 people using the villa.
£100 deposit on booking, Balance paid one month prior to arrival at the villa
- Available arrival
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- city centre
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- water parks
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathrooms • 2 Bathrooms, • 1 Separate WC • Toilet 1 - Toilet • Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure • Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure • Each bedroom has private en suite shower room with wc, basin and shower. Separate guest wc with wash hand basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedrooms • 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4 • Bedroom 1 • Bedroom 2 • Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - king size bed with A/C and heating. Doors open onto balcony. Bedroom 2 - twin beds with A/C and heating. Doors open onto balcony. These are well furnished and both have spacious fitted wardrobes and a hand-held hair dryer.
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...