House in Crantock, Near Newquay, Cornwall, England - Large Family House
Berwyn is situated on the edge of the pretty Cornish village of Crantock and only a short walk over the dunes to to lovely beach, which has just been voted "The UK Top Family Beach" in the Sunday Times Great British Travel Supplement.
Berwyn has plenty of room with two spacious living areas. The large lounge with wood burner has patio doors opening out on to the garden and large comfortable sofas. There is also a smaller lounge with another open fire and copy armchairs for leisurely afternoons or relaxed evenings with good company. The kitchen is well-equipped, with large pine table for family entertaining or celebrating a special occasion.
Upstairs there are 5 gorgeous bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room and two separate family bathrooms one with shower and another with a wonderful roll top bath.
The large lounge opens out onto the pretty garden with BBQ and table and chairs, where you can enjoy alfresco dinners or summer afternoons. The garden is fully enclosed and is perfect for dogs and young children.
Berwyn is set in the pretty Cornish village of Crantock, which is only a short distance from Newquay and the rest of Cornwall. The North Cornwall coast is famous for it's long, sandy beaches, which are particularly popular with surfers and families, and the beach at Crantock is no exception and is only a short stroll across the fields. The house accepts pets and will take two small dogs, which are welcome on Crantock beach though out the year.
Top Traveller Review
A perfect stay at a lovely home away from home
About the Manager
Guestbook comments from the manager
“We all had a fantastic time in Crantock, lovely days on the beach and a couple of drinks at the Old Albion. House was great, plenty of space for everyone. We are all really sad to be leaving for home.“
The Doyles and Drakes, July 2014
“Had a great stay in Crantock. What a lovely village. Loved the layout downstairs for Millie. Perfect for dogs! Plenty of room with a lovely touch of all the extras. Locals very friendly. Might think of moving down here one day! Thanks to Lisa for the useful information.“
The Freemans, The Wheelers and Millie the Labby, July 2014
“Lovely stay in Berwyn, lovely house. 13 years in Newquay, 1st time in Crantock - definitely converted! Favourite spot in the house - sitting on purple sofa looking out at the beautiful garden. Great to have decent sized bath sheets not postage stamps! Love the village, love the gannel - hope to be back someday.“
The Thomas/Beardmore Family and not forgetting Frodo the pug, Leicestershire, June 2014
“House is spot on – wouldn’t change anything about it. Perfect for a large group of friends or family. Lovely surroundings and beaches. Would recommend this place to family and friends. Thanks for the memories and hopefully we will be back.“
Adam, Kate, Molly, Sally, Shaun and Kelly, March 2014
4.8 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
A perfect stay at a lovely home away from home
Berwyn is a lovely house, really well kept and a very homely feel which makes you feel like you're returning to somewhere you've known for many years. It was a great treat to spend time there with my friends for my birthday, especially as the weather was so good and we could enjoy the nearby beaches. The house is really well equipped and very comfortable beds with feather duvets. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
lovely spacious house
The house was very well equipped, warm and comfortable. Every room was very clean and all facilities more than satisfactory. We had a lovely holiday and would stay again.
The house was all that we had hoped for. Superbly situated, very well-equipped, and very welcoming.
We will definitely return.
Sehr schönes Haus für eine grosse Familie mit Hund
Wir haben 2 Wochen in einem sehr schönem, gut ausgestattetem großem Haus verbracht. Ideal für Familien mit Kindern und Hund. Kleines Manko:Das Haus liegt an einer nur tagsüber vielbefahrenen Strasse. Hier muss man schon sehr gut auf Kinder und Tiere aufpassen.
Trotzdem würde ich dieses Haus an Freunde weiterempfehlen.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Berwyn is perfect for lovers of walking with the South West Coastal Footpath only minutes away and easily accessible. Horse riding and cycling routes are also available in the area.
Water sports are also very popular in North Cornwall with some of the best waves and beaches in the country.
Crantock beach is within walking distance and the beaches of Newquay are only a few minutes by car.
Newquay Airport - 5 miles
Newquay train station
Plymouth 100 miles
Newquay - 2 miles
Truro 10 miles
Village shop in Crantock is good for local supplies.
Newquay has most major super-markets.
- Available arrival
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Toilet - Toilet
- En-suite shower room on top floor with Master Bedroom has a large shower cubicle, sink and WC. First Family bathroom has roll-top bath, sink, WC. Second Family Bathroom is fitted with large shower cubicle, sink, WC. Ground floor cloakroom has sink, WC.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, Zip and Link bed - twin or double
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, Zip and Link bed - twin or double
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 Master Bedroom with king size bed and en-suite. Bedroom 2: Standard double. Bedroom 3: Zip and Link bed - twin or double. Bedroom 4: Zip and Link bed - twin or double. Bedroom 5: Twin with two full size single beds A cot is available.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The garden is accessed via sliding doors in the sitting room or via the kitchen and utility room. It is fully enclosed and is mainly laid to lawn with a selection of plants and flowers. There is also BBQ, table and chairs. To the front of the house is a paved, enclosed front garden with picnic table. Accessed via the first floor is a wonderful sun terrace with table and chairs, which is perfect for sunny afternoons or leisurely breakfasts. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer and drying space are located in the handy utility room, which is also great for drying damp dogs and storing beach equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and bath towels are included. Berwyn is cleaned every week or between bookings. Other: The dining area is located at the front of Berwyn and has a large pine table, which easily seats 10 for family meals and special occasions. A high chair is also available.