Genuine wooden chalet ideally located in Les Gets ski resort, 6 bedrooms
Le Vieux Chalet (The Old Chalet) has 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and it can accommodate 15 people.
It is a magnificent chalet that was built at the beginning of the 20th century in Gstaad resort in Switzerland. In 2001, it was entirely taken to pieces and rebuilt in Les Gets resort in France. It is a very genuine wooden chalet very nicely decorated in the sipirit of the French Alps. It is located in a very calm area and only within a 5 minute walk to the village center and Mont Chéry ski lifts.
In addition to chalet rental, we offer the following extra services:
- lift passes
- ski lessons with ESF
- ski equipment hire (20% discount at our partner ski shop)
- home delivery meals (breakfast and/or dinner freshly cooked every day by a caterer)
Everything you order with us will be ready for you at your arrival so you do not waste your time standing in lines.
About the Owner
My husband and I have studied Business Management with a special interest in Hospitality and Tourism in different schools and universities around the world. We worked in different countries, then we decided to go back to Les Gets village and ski resort in the French Alps. This is where my husband grew up and almost all his family still lives in. We are now running here our own business in ski chalet and apartment rental. Our knowledge of the people and the area provides us with the best properties in terms of location and comfort, but also the best partners to offer customers the best deals and a high quality service..
From the Owner
“Les Gets village is located in the French Alps, about an hour drive from Geneva international airport. The architecture of the village is typically Savoyard with most buildings built in wood and stone. The village also offers access to all of the facilities you would expect to find in a bustling modern ski resort. Les Gets is is also part of the famous Portes du Soleil ski area which stretches over France and Switzerland and gathers 12 resorts. Only one pass is needed for the 197 ski lifts and 280 signed pistes available in the area. All the pistes and resorts are connected, so you can ski from France to Switzerland without taking your skis off!”
Activity and Interests
Les Gets is about an hour drive from Geneva International Airport. We do not offer the transfer ourselves but there are many companies that offer that service. You need to book your transfer in advance and give the company your flight details. They will wait for you at the airport and take you right to your chalet. At the end of your stay, they will pick you up from your chalet door and take you to the airport. Most transfer companies use mini-buses for 8 passengers.
Geneva is about an hour drive away.
Annecy is about an hour drive away.
The chalet is located in a calm area close to the center of Les Gets village. Everything is at walking distance: ski slopes, lifts, local shops, restaurants, supermarkets, banks, the ice rink, bakeries.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Le Vieux Chalet is a magnificent place that has a history and that will let you experience a stay in a very genuine wooden chalet, totally decorated in the spirit of the French Alps. The location is perfect, in a calm area and with a private garden (ideal for making snowmen!). It is also only within a 5 minute walk to the village center and ski slops and lifts.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- ski lift pass
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- ----Main floor----- - bathroom - Sauna - Bar / game room ----1st floor----- - Bedroom 1: a double bed and a bathroom en suite - Bedroom 2: 3 single beds (2 of them are put together and make a double bed) and bathroom en suite ----2nd floor----- - Bedroom 3: a double bed and bathroom en suite - Bedroom 6: a double bed and 2 single beds in mezzanine and bathroom en suite - Bedroom 4: a double bed and a single bed in mezzanine - Bedroom 5: 2 single beds - a shared bathroom for the bedrooms 4 and 5
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 3 Single Bed, 2 single beds are put together and make a double bed.
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, the single beds are in a mezzanine
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, the single bed is in a mezzanine
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed
- ----Main floor----- - bathroom - Sauna - Bar / game room ----1st floor----- - Bedroom 1: a double bed and a bathroom en suite - Bedroom 2: 3 single beds (2 of them are put together and make a double bed) and bathroom en suite ----2nd floor----- - Bedroom 3: a double bed and bathroom en suite - Bedroom 4: a double bed and 2 single beds in mezzanine and bathroom en suite - Bedroom 5: a double bed and a single bed in mezzanine - Bedroom 6: 2 single beds - a shared bathroom for the bedrooms 4 and 5
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Catering available
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- The cleaning of the chalet is the customer's responsibility. If you do not wish to clean the chalet the day of your departure, we offer an end of stay cleaning service for an additional 130 euros.