Modern apartment with stunning sea views
First floor Los Gardenias apartment in Las Fuentes, front-line to the beach and ocean. This is a top quality 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, non-smoking apartment with unparalleled views of the ocean and the national park. The national park is a haven for bird watchers and walkers alike, providing stunning views and an abundance of forest and fauna along a series of well signed walk ways amidst the olive, orange and fig trees.
Situated in a tranquil complex within easy walking distance of the many shops, restaurants and bars that the area has to offer, the apartment is sufficiently removed from the good-time hustle and bustle to ensure that you have everything you need for a comfortable night's sleep. The apartment comfortably sleeps four although we can make arrangements upon request to provide an additional “z bed” if required. . The apartment benefits from easy parking and all the living conveniences that help to make your holiday special. The nearest beach can be found a mere 10 minute walk away in the shape of a small, secluded bay located directly in front of the apartment balcony, Alternatively, you may like to take a leisurely 15 minute stroll to one of the larger, more popular lifeguard protected beaches.
A new pool has ben installed with a child friendly area immediately behind the property.
About the Owner
Semi retired couple living in Northampton but fell in love with Alcossebre when we visited with friends in 2003
From the Owner
“Its out of the main town on the edge of the sierra de Irta. The smell of the pine is fantastic when you open the balcony door.”
Activity and Interests
The apartment is a short drive away from the marina where you can hire boats for fishing, sailing, jet skis and scuba-diving, and there are parking facilities there. The marina has a full range of amenities, a shopping area, ice-cream parlour, restaurants etc making it a very interesting place to visit. There is also an English pub called Cheers, which is the hub of the English community and which makes everyone welcome. Cheers make a wonderful full English breakfast, good old fashioned English fish and chips on a Friday and a roast dinner on Sunday, just in case you are missing English cooking. The other restaurants offer a vast range of culinary delights which must be tried. The area also offers golf courses, horse-riding and, for the more energetic, tennis courts. There are mountains to explore hiding a wealth of beauty, a natural bird sanctuary that you can visit complete with hides for viewing.
There are miles of beautiful sandy beaches in Alcossebre, with names of Carregador, La Romana, El Moro, Las Fuentes and the Port Marina, all have been awarded with the EEC Blue Flag award for cleanliness.
Restaurants and tapas bars abound on the sea front close to the marina, and the centre of Alcossebre are only a 10 minute walk away with restaurants ranging from typically Spanish to Chinese and English fare, which are all reasonably priced. All the food shops are filled with fresh produce daily.
Situated in the Costa del Azahar, which is midway between Barcelona and Valencia, Las Fuentes is adjacent to Alcossebre. This area is well renowned for its orange and almond groves. In January/February the almond trees come into blossom and in May its 'Orange Blossom Time'. To the north you will find the picturesque towns of Benicarlo, Peniscola,
Here are just some of the many local places to enjoy a drink or eat out in Alcossebre and Las Fuentes:
• L’Illa - Restaurant on Las Fuentes Marina, serving Spanish and more international cuisine. Closed on Wednesday. Closes November and May for 3 weeks. 24 hours notice required for paella
• Cordero d’Oro – Restaurant close to Las Fuentes Marina, excellent food, famous for steak. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Unfortunately does not accept credit or debit cards
• Mari Nostrum – Alcossebre town centre restaurant, serving a varied menu including excellent pizzas that you can watch being prepared! Particularly good for families.
• Cheers – English Bar on the marina serving good quality and reasonably priced food, very good English breakfast. On marina.
• El Pinar – Restaurant with spectacular views in the mountain top village of the same name. Excellent Spanish menu, try the Fish!
• Antonio’s – Alcossebre town centre, international cuisine.
• Sancho Panza – Slightly more formal high quality restaurant in Las Fuentes, a place for that special meal
• El Mirador – Seafront restaurant overlooking Romana beach
• Bar La Maya – Very popular beach front tapas bar, worth queuing for a table. A good place for lunch.
The Orange Blossom Coast has miles and miles of beautiful beaches, and secret coves. There is a 3 minute drive/10 minute walk to nearest beach, further beaches all within 10-15 minutes. All the beaches are sandy and blue flag with volley ball and basket ball, nets, slides, climbing frames and play areas. Water sports in season include pedalos, wind surfing, scuba diving, jet skiing and coastal cruises.
Two 18 hole golf courses are within a 30 minutes drive, one is the renowned Bernhard Langer Panoramic Golf Course and the other is Club de Campo del Mediterraneo, the home course of Sergio Garcia.
Approximately 90 minutes drive to Spanish Ski Resort at Valdinares.
Special Interest Holidays
Places to visit
- 14th century templar Castle of ‘Alcala’
- Castellon is the capital city of the province and is located right on the coast, only 30 minutes by car from Alcossebre.
- Valencia is the third largest city in Spain, and is only one hour’s drive along the coast from Las Fuentes and Alcossebre.
- Peniscola is situated only 20 minutes north of Las Fuentes and Alcossebre, is probably one of the Mediterranean’s best known landmarks with its famous Templar castle and fortress. Peniscular is where the epic El Cid was filmed. The castle is the second most popular tourist attraction in Spain.
- Barcelona is Spain’s second-largest city and is full of history and culture. Barcelona is just over two hours’ drive from Alcossebre on the motorway,
- Vinaros is renowned for its local speciality seafood dishes and each year in February they have a carnival similar to the
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 30 Apr 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Please note that any dates booked that include the Easter weekend will be charged at the high season rate
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The view from the bedroom and the balcony are stunning. Only minutes away from the town and national park. An excellent location for walking and mountain biking.”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Lift ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- 60 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Standard bathroom with bath/shower, wash basin, bidet and toilet
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Main bedroom with king size bed, bed side tables, dressing table, TV and radio. Bedroom wardrobes Second bedroom has single beds and dressing table
- Balcony ...