Sleeps 20. 10 Bedrooms. 5 Baths. Amid lovely remote Highland scenery.
Dalmigavie Lodge is the main house for Dalmigavie Estate, which lies deep in the Scottish Highlands in the unspoilt and remote glen off the River Findhorn. It is surrounded by majestic hills soaring to over 2,500ft. Walking, trout and salmon fishing available, bird watching and golf close by. This is a place to escape to, excellent for families, close to nature.
Dalmigavie offers two comfortable and well appointed houses.
The main Lodge sleeps 16, and has a two bedroom separate annexe with its own entrance, sleeping 4, making a total of 20 beds.
Then nearby there is the cosy "Keeper's Cottage", with three bedrooms, sleeping 6.
Dalmigavie Estate lies at an altitude of 1100 ft, and is surrounded by miles of empty 'Monahdliath Mountains'. There is a long track from the house up the glen and then into the hills. During the Spring when birds are nesting, we ask guests to avoid walking on the open hill, especially with dogs. Almost every British bird of prey has been seen at Dalmigavie.
Dalmigavie Lodge (for up to 20) is a very traditional Scottish Highland house, with a big Aga kitchen, dining room and sitting room. In the hall is a large wood stove, with plenty of firewood.
About the Owner
Four generations of our family have had wonderful holidays at Dalmigavie over 50 years, walking, swimming (sometimes...), fishing, etc.. We live on the coast of Suffolk.
Activity and Interests
All services and shopping needs are available at Aviemore (30 km) or Inverness (35 km). There is a small shop in Tomatin (10 km).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
NB the Lodge is available only from 1st April to July 31st and closed during winter months.
David and Lorna Paton, the resident game-keeper and and housekeeper, have been at Dalmigavie for 15 years and live in a cottage close by. Lorna is able to come into the house every day to tidy up downstairs if guests require this, and is happy to do some cooking, or prepare dinner for guests' arrival, by prior arrangement.
Lorna will show guests how to work hot water, heating, internet and the general workings of the house.
Wood is provided free for the wood burning stove (in the hall) and open fire in the sitting room.
If you enjoy fishing, you may be able to take a day or two of salmon fishing on 4 miles of the Findhorn at Dalmigavie at a cost of £50 per day. Rods are not provided. Let us know in advance in case it is already booked. We can take up to 4 fishermen at a time. There is also a small loch which is stocked with brown trout, and can be fished for £20 per day.
No dogs allowed in the house accept by prior arrangement, and not upstairs. There are four kennels.
Dogs to be kept on leads outside (sheep, deer, red squirrels, etc...) and nesting birds in the Spring - woodcock, curlew, oyster catchers, green plovers, red grouse, amongst others.
No fires except in the wood burning stove and sitting room. No fireworks!
Please treat the house, grounds, river, and hills with care and respect.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“There is terrific scenery, the opportunity for long remote walks, for solitude if you enjoy that. And then a comfortable house to come home to.”
- Away From It All
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Games ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- 600 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bath (no shower)
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, annex bathroom
- 10 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, Big brass bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Owner's room
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, Twin room at top of stairs.
- Bedroom 8 - 2 Child Bed, A pair of bunk beds.
- Bedroom 7 - 2 Single Bed, Twin bedroom at top of back stairs.
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed, Twin bedroom, middle back.
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed, Back double room.
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Twin room, or zipped together as a double. 'Blue room'.
- Bedroom 9 - 2 Single Bed, annex bedroom 1
- Bedroom 10 - 2 Single Bed, Annex bedroom 2
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- The housekeeper will normally come in for an hour or two each day to deal with logs, fires and to tidy up sitting room and dining room.